Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold-n-brown

Zero Week

On 8/23/2022 at 8:52 AM, Pelado said:

Cowboys do hard things.  Get to it, argue away!

Alright, I'm game.

ON defense, we will plug in new players and e as good as in previous years. Our secondary got faster according to our staff which can help with pass coverage, got some good transfers on the defensive side of the ball which will plug right in. NOt worried about that side. THey will be decent.

On offense is where the worries are. I think our RB is better this year than last year even with how good Valladay has been. Titus Swen is a beast. Fast and physical. Our WR corp took a big hit since last year losing Neyor BUT I think our pass game will improve. Its an addition by subtraction at the QB position. I think we underestimate how really, really, bad our QB play was last year leaving us with fewer options on offense. We brought in a new OC to open things up more but I think the fact our QBs were so bad made it impossible to open up(many people put that blame on Bohl, and understandably, but I think with decent QBs we would have seen a more diverse offense. Now not sure how good Peasley will be for use but he is an upgrade over the guys last year. IF he can hit guys for a slant or simple quick out route will be good. So Average QB getting the ball to average WR > BAd QB not getting the ball to very good WR. Our passing game will improve which will help our running game and will lead to our offense being better than last several years.

Chemistry is also better this year as stated by several players and coaches which will lead to the team being better as well.

So this game in Illinois against a not very good B1G team will be competitive and we should be able make it a close game that comes down to the fourth quarter.

SO that was my argument against betting against us. NOt sure I really beleive everything I wrote above but its the week before the first game so I can't be anything but optimistic. They are a fresh slate.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:26 PM, tspoke said:

Alright, I'm game.

ON defense, we will plug in new players and e as good as in previous years. Our secondary got faster according to our staff which can help with pass coverage, got some good transfers on the defensive side of the ball which will plug right in. NOt worried about that side. THey will be decent.

On offense is where the worries are. I think our RB is better this year than last year even with how good Valladay has been. Titus Swen is a beast. Fast and physical. Our WR corp took a big hit since last year losing Neyor BUT I think our pass game will improve. Its an addition by subtraction at the QB position. I think we underestimate how really, really, bad our QB play was last year leaving us with fewer options on offense. We brought in a new OC to open things up more but I think the fact our QBs were so bad made it impossible to open up(many people put that blame on Bohl, and understandably, but I think with decent QBs we would have seen a more diverse offense. Now not sure how good Peasley will be for use but he is an upgrade over the guys last year. IF he can hit guys for a slant or simple quick out route will be good. So Average QB getting the ball to average WR > BAd QB not getting the ball to very good WR. Our passing game will improve which will help our running game and will lead to our offense being better than last several years.

Chemistry is also better this year as stated by several players and coaches which will lead to the team being better as well.

So this game in Illinois against a not very good B1G team will be competitive and we should be able make it a close game that comes down to the fourth quarter.

SO that was my argument against betting against us. NOt sure I really beleive everything I wrote above but its the week before the first game so I can't be anything but optimistic. They are a fresh slate.

What you said. Well put.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

the Pack-NMSU game is on ESPN 2  FYI. Crazy point spread, wouldn't touch!

NEV 303
Nevada     68%    -8.5
( 7 PM PDT ) Sat.  Aug. 27

LIVE: O/U: 50.5 NMSU +8.5
304 NMSU
New Mexico State   +8.5         32%

Unfortunately I think Nevada may be in for a one or two win season

On 8/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, Rocket said:

Neva-duh W

Utah State w/27 yr olds W

UNLV W

Wyoming W