Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecAlien

Bye Liz!!

On 8/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The rioters have been arrested and prosecuted. What do the people in Wyoming care. Nobody elevated Trump into the consciousness more in the state than Cheney in the past 18 months. It’s her own fault that they got bored of hearing her talk about it and she aligned with Pelosi to do it. At least Trump was funny.

Funny ha ha ?

Or funny watching him go batshit crazy ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, happycamper said:

look. 

i have had people whose biggest technical accomplishment is building half an ikea desk tell me how engineering works in this exact same way. people who have never been west of salt lake city. i am well aware it has nothing to do with california.

but when i post that, it makes them not do it for like 3 posts. so it is like a ... rhetorical cali drop. 

Oh I know, and don't disapprove. Just adding context. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, Bob said:

She's not a RINO, she's a turncoat, elitist, outsider and seens as corrupt because of her Washington DC connections. Why not dump her for someone that will vote like her, but not drag her own party through the mud?

if she is elitist and supports the elite how is she "turncoat"? isn't that following class loyalty?

On 8/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, Bob said:

Behold, democracy in action! This means democracy is working! It's beautiful.

even when democracy is working (especially?) it is never beautiful ;) 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, masterfrog said:

Why reject any if the process is going to be completely open?  I respect non participation as a show of solidarity. 

I see. So the I'm done and taking my ball home is the answer to making sure things are fair.  So let's forget party for a second. What about all the facts? What about all the loyal republicans as witnesses that told the truth? They must have had a gun pointed to their head. 

The bias card is useless when your own party is the one doing the damage in the hearings by telling the truth. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:10 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh there’s a whole lot going wrong in this country. Telling us things most already understood on the day it happened is not one of them.

Like most Trumpists believing Jan 6 was all antifa actors ?

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 12:24 PM, AztecAlien said:

FaVKKLwWYAUvwWe.jpeg.65dd9b5a07444cca8e1fea60fd2e192a.jpeg

You literally have been reduced to posting stoooopid memes, Hair emojis, and childish responses to things you can't grasp.

Stick to the Sports side or go find a Board that has Cheetoh dust around their mouths.

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 1:18 PM, Bob said:

She's not a RINO, she's a turncoat, elitist, outsider and seens as corrupt because of her Washington DC connections. Why not dump her for someone that will vote like her, but not drag her own party through the mud?

Behold, democracy in action! This means democracy is working! It's beautiful.

If by "turncoat" you mean someone who puts the interests of the nation above the interests of the party elite, someone who honors the oath that she took to protect and defend the Constitution, someone who respects the rule of law and a patriotic, principled profile in courage who was willing to lose it all to do the right thing, then yeah.  That bit*ch is a turncoat.  If only we had more than 10 of them in Congress. -- 

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters. 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:25 PM, Spaztecs said:

You literally have been reduced to posting stoooopid memes, Hair emojis, and childish responses to things you can't grasp.

Stick to the Sports side or go find a Board that has Cheetoh dust around their mouths.

I think Colorado City would fit you well. It's in AZ though. 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, AztecAlien said:

I think Colorado City would fit you well. It's in AZ though. 

I think that star valley fits you great

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, masterfrog said:

I haven’t seen one person say that President Trump ordered them to attack.  If you are going to say that you were ordered to do something, you would think that you would remember the order. 

Numerous rioters and instigators were rushing to the Capitol and proclaiming on Social Media that Trump gave them the thumbs up.

That on top of Grumpy inviting them to DC on Jan 6 and telling them "It was going to be wild !" Then telling them to go fight like hell and he would be there with them. After that very few even heard or acknowledged him say "Let's not do anything stupid  or illegal."

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, AztecAlien said:

How's that crime rate in Tennessee? 

still leave my car doors unlocked lol. so better than north casper

I finally got around to reading this thread and quoted some along to way to discuss. Lets see if I can remember why I quoted you and what I was going to say.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:54 PM, SharkTanked said:

Independent what? Senator? She'd have a better shot at Prez as an Indy.

The deep red Wyo showed us what they stand for. Honestly thought Wyo was smarter than to fall for the grift. I really overestimated them. As evidenced by the OP.

Yeah, we really did. Knew she didnt have a chance but the numbers were surpising a bit. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:48 AM, SAMO said:

the more alarming thing than the foregone conclusion liz would lose to me was the trump-backed dingbat winning the SOS nomination there...lol

That one is really disappointing. CHuck Gray is the absolute worst. I'm in Cheyenne and know people that work with and for the state legislature. LEts just say I've heard the words"dumbest mother+++++er I've ever met" when the topic of him came up. He has his daddy give him all his money for the campaign and to live on it sounds like. He reported an income of 11K last year(but I think he would make more than that from being a state rep, tax fraud?) Secretary of state candidate Chuck Gray describes source of campaign loan | 307 Politics | trib.com

A 32 year old man who just works for his dad and doesn't own a house in Wyoming and makes 11k a year. What qualifies him to be SOS? Screening 2000 mules around the state apparently.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, SAMO said:

personally...ive never actually met someone from wyoming irl...lol

in fact... @MetropolitanCowboy was the first person from montana ive ever met irl...lol

was starting to think those were mythical places...lol

I would love to buy you a beer sometime SAMO.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, Bob said:

Liz should have like, given two shits about the things that Wyomingites care about such as the economy, inflation crisis, the debt crisis, the immigration crisis, election integrity, protecting Wyomign against government intervention and punishment in the mining and energy sectors, protecting the 2A, protecting the 1A, etc... She became a useful idiot for the Democrat party. Wyoming doesn't give a shit about J6. Wyomingites don't have TDS and know Trump doesn't pose a threat to democracy, or whateverthe+++++ Lizzy claims. She compared herself to Abe Lincoln. She is a delusional lunatic.

Did she not do anything about those issues? at least did she do less than any other republican rep on those issues. Did she not vote on any bills relating to them? Did she not work on any of those issues? I figure reps in DC can work on many things at once and doing the important work on the J6 committee did not stop her other work in the house. Just because you didn't hear about it didn't mean it wasn't happening. Yeah the J6 panel was the most public thing she was doing so inerviews with her revolved around it but I imagine she did other things. WHat specifically should she had done on those issues that she didn't do because of J6 committee?

SHe was a politician that had a lot of political capital due to J6 but even before by being the number 2 or 3 republician in the house, now we go back to having a rep that no body will ever hear from and will be unimportant and virtually powerless. 

On 8/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Spaztecs said:

Funny ha ha ?

Or funny watching him go batshit crazy ?

Let’s be honest, it was both. That’s why people can’t let go of him, even as he golfs and shits in his depends.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, SharkTanked said:

I stopped and got gas in Cheyenne 3 yrs ago. I know exactly why they voted out Liz.

I spent a weekend in Green River last June and i definitely know what Wyoming Voters want.

MOAR Guns and Ammo !

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, masterfrog said:

The most comical part of this thread is that the people most upset with Liz’s loss would never vote for her anyway. 

Not upset, dismayed.

But, I am in the acceptance phase.

Americans Mayor

On 8/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, soupslam1 said:

I’ve worked all over Wyoming, Cody, Rawlins, Sheridan, Gillette, Rock Springs, Laramie, Casper, Thermopolis, etc, etc. 

Enough to know that people in Wyoming are pretty much independent minded and anti big government. Idaho voters went for Cruz also in the primaries, but strongly supported Trump as president. It’s pretty obvious the voters in Wyoming also strongly supported Trump as evidenced by Cheney losing in a rout. 

Which is not the same thing as 'she stopped representing her constituency'.

Unless her constituency is supposed to be Trump.  Which it is not.

If someone wants to vote a certain way because Trump told them to, have at it.  Just be honest about it.  Not this 'stopped representing us' hypocrisy. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, masterfrog said:

I find no value in Liz Cheney. When she agreed to be vice chair of the committee, the committee lost any chance it had to really work. When the Speaker rejected the committee selections that were named by the Minority leader, it made any chance that this committee would be legitimate go away.

McCarthy intentionally spiked bis choices with batshit extremists in order to submarine the validity of the Committee.

He blew it because the Trumpists were left with no one to cross examine witnesses or to call witnesses of their own. The only thing the GQP has left to stand on is no one cares 

That may be true in GQP world, but Indies and moderate R's are showing they do care as evidenced by the polling numbers.

Americans Mayor