Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

The Official List of 2024 Presidential Candidates, 80% Likely Edition

Tim Scott’s campaign line of “From Cotton to Congress in one lifetime” sure is pretty cool. But if he does win the nomination, there’s one person that knows he’ll never get picked, literally. That’s Tom Cotton. You could just see the tabloids and left wing papers, “Tim Scott Goes Back To Picking Cotton One More Time” or just “Scott Excited About Picking Cotton”.  “Scott & Cotton 2024” Or it would look even worse for Cotton if he won and picked Tim Scott.

GOP:

Nikki Haley
Marco Rubio
Tim Scott
Mike Pence
John Thune
Ron Praymantis
Mike Pompeo
Tom Cotton
Orange Gump

Dem:

Joe Biden
Pete Buttigieg (would be 42, & youngest ever elected w/JFK & T. Roosevelt a tad older)
Gavin Newsom
+ 25 others

kat.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump far and away the betting odd favorite still to win the GOP nomination.  He still has a death grip on the GOP as evidenced by the primaries.

Trump will not win the primaries. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:22 PM, bornontheblue said:

Trump will not win the primaries. 

Maybe, thanks to the Jan 6 hearings and his recently found out treason.  Otherwise it would be a lock.  In other words, thanks to use "keeping him in the news"  

On 8/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe, thanks to the Jan 6 hearings and his recently found out treason.  Otherwise it would be a lock.  In other words, thanks to use "keep him in the news"  

He still wouldn't have won the nomination. Way to much baggage, and a toxic brand 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe, thanks to the Jan 6 hearings and his recently found out treason.  Otherwise it would be a lock.  In other words, thanks to use "keep him in the news"  

Republicans can get the same policies with a wholly different candidate in Desantis, or many others. We can get what we want without Trump. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:28 PM, bornontheblue said:

Republicans can get the same policies with a wholly different candidate in Desantis, or many others. We can get what we want without Trump. 

They don't care about "policies".  Neither do you, really.  

On 8/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah, nobody would have the balls to run against him.  It would be a sure bet.  

The GOP doesn't need Trump to win the WH. Trump needs the GOP to get back in the WH. He will not make it past April I'm the primaries. 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:28 PM, bornontheblue said:

but you won’t…lol

as a 2x trump voter you must be thrilled…lol

On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 PM, bornontheblue said:

The GOP doesn't need Trump to win the WH. Trump needs the GOP to get back in the WH. He will not make it past April I'm the primaries. 

Thanks to people like "us" making sure his scandals do not fade from memory.  You are welcome.  Without the Jan 6 hearings and the outrage of his handling of TS/SCI material he would be a lock.

Yer welcome for "keeping him in the news".

On 8/14/2022 at 5:56 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump far and away the betting odd favorite still to win the GOP nomination.  He still has a death grip on the GOP as evidenced by the primaries.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. The only thing Trump has a death grip on is a ridiculous small % of GOP ‘Trump Is God’ folks and resistance drama queens like you that have been screaming that the sky is falling for 7 straight years.

Perhaps you should look at history in terms of past era’s where we are a few months before a midterm, and look at who had declared for President, and then look at who had come from nowhere and was doing very well in the primaries. Names that you never would’ve imagined two years earlier were in the top 3. 

You also have to understand what’s going on in the weeds. Most GOP voters primarily want a winner in 2024. Right now all they have to go with is Ronald & Donald. Neither are very likable and neither have any chance in a general. Once most GOP voters see a candidate that’s acceptable that polls as a general winner, they will jump to that candidate in a second. As I’ve said many times, I think Nikki Haley will be one of those candidates. 

kat.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. The only thing Trump has a death grip on is a ridiculous small % of GOP ‘Trump Is God’ folks and resistance drama queens like you that have been screaming that the sky is falling for 7 straight years.

Perhaps you should look at history in terms of past era’s where we’re a few months before a midterm, and look at who had declared for President, and then look at who had come from nowhere and was doing very well in the primaries. Names that you never would’ve imagined two years earlier were in the top 3. 

You also have to understand what’s going on in the weeds. Most GOP voters primarily want a winner in 2024. Right now all they have to go with is Ronald & Donald. Neither are very likable and neither have any chance in a general. Once most GOP voters see a candidate that’s acceptable that polls as a general winner, they will jump to that candidate in a second. As I’ve said many times, I think Nikki Haley will be one of those candidates. 

I was not "screaming the sky is falling" until his handling of COVID.  The primaries show that Trump still has your party by the balls.  

On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They don't care about "policies".  Neither do you, really.  

Care to make a wager. If Trump gets the nomination I'll vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is with a picture of my ballot posted on this forum. If Trump doesn't get the nomination you have to vote for whoever the Republican is, with a picture as proof. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, bornontheblue said:

Care to make a wager. If Trump gets the nomination I'll vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is with a picture of my ballot posted on this forum. If Trump doesn't get the nomination you have to vote for whoever the Republican is, with a picture as proof. 

No.  I'm not voting for the GOP, period.  They sold their soul.  

On 8/14/2022 at 7:37 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  I'm not voting for the GOP, period.  They sold their soul.  

Hmm, okay. You seem confident Trump will get the nomination so you wouldn't have to. Plus i'd end up voting for Biden or whoever. Offer still stands. 

The Democrats need Trump more than the GOP does.  They use Trump as a boogeyman to frighten voters into their camp. 

Before fall ‘24 inflation will be near enough to the Fed’s target that QT (bond selling part) will probably be halted or slowed enough.  There is some ME refining capacity coming on board soon, iirc. Whatever recession we go through will be over and we’ll be in a recovery likely with low unemployment.  Infrastructure spending will be in place.  The CHIPs and the initial stuff from the ‘21 Innovation Act will boost domestic tech expansion. Might just have a ‘rockin’ economy come the ‘24 election cycle. 

Dark Brandon rides again. 
37FC6A3E-B3E7-4841-ADE7-58DFDB8B2F57.webp.1a6033a6e81c1b668603f09c6e25032a.webp