Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

It is becoming more likely for a Biden Trump rematch

https://apple.news/A-9AtiZeVQEW9FqEXzKQBjA

Apparently it’s not just me who is coming back to Trump. According to the article it’s good news for Biden and Democrats. 

Continue the attack on Trump might be shrewd political move. Helping Trump win the nomination who the Democrats feel confident they can beat in 2024. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, robe said:

Apparently it’s not just me who is coming back to Trump. According to the article it’s good news for Biden and Democrats. 

Continue the attack on Trump might be shrewd political move. Helping Trump win the nomination who the Democrats feel confident they can beat in 2024. 

'Coming back'.

Thats funny.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, robe said:

If it is Biden vs Trump expect the same outcome.

People, not a fan.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, robe said:

No, it’s not. Neither will be there. 

And you’re a total retard for even considering support for that POS. He’s not even the same douche he was in 2016. People that have known him for decades have said about 2.5 years ago he really started to lose it completely and he’s crazy and desperate. How could you do that when there will be other night and day GOP choices for President in 2024. He will never be able to win a general again. Biden kicks his ass in polling for 2024, and Biden’s approval is in the shitter. 

kat.jpg

On 8/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

And you’re a total retard for even considering support for that POS. He’s not even the same douche he was in 2016. People that have known him for decades have said about 2.5 years ago he really started to lose it completely and he’s crazy and desperate. How could you do that when there will be other night and day GOP choices for President in 2024. He will never be able to win a general again. Biden kicks his ass in polling for 2024, and Biden’s approval is in the shitter. 

It’s what happens when you build your party around idiots and a demigod.   You would be better off burning it down with the traitors like McCarthy, Graham and Cruz.   The dishonor and stain of the past couple years isn’t going away.  

On 8/14/2022 at 1:26 AM, sactowndog said:

It’s what happens when you build your party around idiots and a demigod.   You would be better off burning it down with the traitors like McCarthy, Graham and Cruz.   The dishonor and stain of the past couple years isn’t going away.  

I don’t know what you guys are so afraid of. Trump won’t win the Primary, and it’s impossible for him to win another General. He’ll pass fairly quickly just like a big smelly fart. Looking at his health, his weight and eating habits, you can see that even physically he’s changing very fast, and in another couple years, he won’t be electable with his health and age. The GOP will recover quickly.

The Democrats, however, will have a much tougher time recovering from their different kind of problem of social extremism and ridiculous wokeness. They will not recover any time soon. So again, it will be a situation of which party will get real first, kind of similar to which party will put forward a solid nominee for President. The GOP won’t be totally over Trump in 2024, but I think they put the first good candidate forward in 2024. 

kat.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 7:35 AM, IanforHeisman said:

Trump is done. He’s still powerful but not enough to win the presidency. 

It’s absolutely impossible for him to win a general. He won’t win a primary, and he won’t do any better than 3rd by the time we get there. But I think it could be worse than that if he gets charged. 

kat.jpg

On 8/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, Nevada Convert said:

The Democrats, however, will have a much tougher time recovering from their different kind of problem of social extremism and ridiculous wokeness.

And you claim to be a moderate. Fantastic 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I was told Biden’s approval rating was going up, that he’s having a very good week.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:32 AM, Nevada Convert said:

It’s absolutely impossible for him to win a general. He won’t win a primary, and he won’t do any better than 3rd by the time we get there. But I think it could be worse than that if he gets charged. 

Yet, another thread about Trump. 

What would we talk about if Trump weren't around. 

Anyways, if it's close in the primaries expect the other candidates to go after the low hanging fruit and attack trump on his multiple weaknesses. I can't see Trump winning Iowa, or New Hampshire, and he will fade quick after that. 

Democrats have some long term structural, and demographic, and social  issues facing their party they they don't want to acknowledge yet, but they will be forced too soon. 

On 8/14/2022 at 11:24 AM, bornontheblue said:

Anyways, if it's close in the primaries expect the other candidates to go after the low hanging fruit and attack trump on his multiple weaknesses. I can't see Trump winning Iowa, or New Hampshire, and he will fade quick after that. 

Democrats have some Long Term structural, and demographic, and social  issues facing their party they they don't want to acknowledge yet, but they will be forced too soon. 

The OP is a stand up, serious guy.  He calls 'em as he sees 'em.

To be fair, there is some really big, historical level news about Trump going on.  Not sure if you have caught it.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I don’t know what you guys are so afraid of. Trump won’t win the Primary, and it’s impossible for him to win another General. He’ll pass fairly quickly just like a big smelly fart. Looking at his health, his weight and eating habits, you can see that even physically he’s changing very fast, and in another couple years, he won’t be electable with his health and age. The GOP will recover quickly.

The Democrats, however, will have a much tougher time recovering from their different kind of problem of social extremism and ridiculous wokeness. They will not recover any time soon. So again, it will be a situation of which party will get real first, kind of similar to which party will put forward a solid nominee for President. The GOP won’t be totally over Trump in 2024, but I think they put the first good candidate forward in 2024. 

The problem is a majority of the party has shown zero regard for the constitution.   On a policy level you and I would probably agree on 80% of the issues.   Where we separate is not in policy but in the willingness to support anti-constitutional authoritarians and their enablers.   

On 8/14/2022 at 10:24 AM, bornontheblue said:

Democrats have some long term structural, and demographic, and social  issues facing their party they they don't want to acknowledge yet, but they will be forced too soon. 

Looking at the latest polls, one would think you are wrong.  Trump leads significantly in all of them and his authoritarian acolytes win one primary after another.   

On 8/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, sactowndog said:

Looking at the latest polls, one would think you are wrong.  Trump leads significantly in all of them and his authoritarian acolytes win one primary after another.   

Polls are meaningless this far out. 

It's kinda like Miami is always in the preseason top 25 yet they are barely clinging on to a chance at a bowl game by the mid October. 

Anyways, Trump won't win for the following reasons. 

By this time next year most of the GOP candidates will have declared and we will probably have had a debate or two. They will collaborate to attack Trump on his many obvious weaknesses. 

Trump will make it about rehashing the 2020 "stolen"  election and he won't listen to his advisors about shutting up about it. 

Trump didn't win Iowa last time, and I don't think he will win it in 2024. Trump even has less appeal in more moderate New Hampshire. Desabtis will probably take them both and have the momentum going into South Carolina. 

Trump does and says a lot of stupid shit. This is the wildcard factor. It is really easy to irritate him and prod him into saying something amazingly stupid. He is incapable of running a disciplined campaign. He will say something stupid and the other candidates will eat him alive . 

On 8/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, sactowndog said:

The problem is a majority of the party has shown zero regard for the constitution.   On a policy level you and I would probably agree on 80% of the issues.   Where we separate is not in policy but in the willingness to support anti-constitutional authoritarians and their enablers.   

I’m a pragmatic fellow. I’m glad Trump won in 2016 because, even though he was a shitty person and said a lot of stupid things, just having a GOP place holder in office, it prevented the Supreme Court from going 6-3 or whatever hardcore left which would’ve done long term damage to this country which is an entire thread topic itself. Yes, it was worth the price we’re paying right now, and that just goes to show how seriously damaging a dominating far left court would be. 

There are also other big positives from his presidency that weigh against some really bad. In my estimation it was the most pivotal election since probably 1980. Had nothing serious been on the line and a 1992 Clinton been the Dem candidate, sure I would’ve voted for Clinton.

I vote on logic and pragmatism, and I’m not an ideologue. You seem to be more an ideologue that brings more emotion than logic to the table than I do.

kat.jpg