Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Actress Anne Heche, Dead at 53

Emmy winner Anne Heche died today after being in a coma for several days due to a car crash in LA. May she rest in peace. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/anne-heche-dead-catastrophic-brain-173639562.html

th?id=OIP.xOx0WSbMmD2tSF6ddD1AXgHaLH&pid=Api&P=0

On 8/12/2022 at 2:47 PM, bornontheblue said:

Not gonna lie. 

I had no clue who Anne Heche was until about 1 minute ago. 

She was in some big stuff in the 90s. I thought Return to Paradise was really good, and she was good in it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, smltwnrckr said:

She was in some big stuff in the 90s. I thought Return to Paradise was really good, and she was good in it. 

She was good in Donnie Brasco too.

Donnie brasco ver2.jpg

Not sure if we will have all the answers, but I wonder if this was suicide? She struck a storage garage just before and may have figured she was done. Drugs or no drugs, who drives through a house? Sad for the woman living in the house who lost just about everything. She deserves compensation. It's just sad all the way around. I liked Anne Heche. She had a lot of problems, but thought she was a brilliant actress at times.  

High, and hit two properties, destroying one of them while nearly killing someone in the process.  If I have to take her tragic history in account, do we have to search for one in non-famous folks doing the same? Because I don't see many doing that, including myself.  I am fine if we use this to discuss drug addiction and mental health, but my heart goes out to the people she affected by her actions.  

On 8/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, AztecAlien said:

Not sure if we will have all the answers, but I wonder if this was suicide? She struck a storage garage just before and may have figured she was done. Drugs or no drugs, who drives through a house? Sad for the woman living in the house who lost just about everything. She deserves compensation. It's just sad all the way around. I liked Anne Heche. She had a lot of problems, but thought she was a brilliant actress at times.  

I wondered that too when I read her Wikipedia page. Her brother died in an auto accident years ago and she claimed it was a suicide crash. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Heche

Sometime in what would have been in 1998 or 1999, Heche and Ellen DeGeneres walked past my car while in a crosswalk in West Hollywood. They seemed very happy and apparently were for awhile but Heche reportedly freaked out over the breakup and had mental health and drug problems for most of the rest of her life.

I liked her in Six Days and Seven Nights with Harrison Ford. May she RIP.