Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

NIT Bounces To Las Vegas In 2023

NIT officials and Madison Square Garden management were unable to reach an agreement for the 2023 and 2024 seasons, forcing the tournament to move elsewhere for the immediate future. 🏀

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34389721/college-basketball-nit-moving-new-york-future-stops-las-vegas-indianapolis

On 8/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, lobo-tomy said:

Can't believe they couldn't do better than the Orleans.

Must be a cabal of areanas tryin to show the NIT whose boss. Smh

I was arguing with someone on the board awhile ago that no one really cares about the NIT except the die hard fans of teams who are in it.  

Unfortunately, this is just further proof of that.  

On 8/13/2022 at 9:00 PM, toonkee said:

The Orleans? WTF? 

I saw the Las Vegas Classic 🏀 at The Orleans back in 2011. It wasn't a great venue then and is probably worse now. 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:30 AM, crixus said:

I saw the Las Vegas Classic 🏀 at The Orleans back in 2011. It wasn't a great venue then and is probably worse now. 

It's nice for minor league hockey, okay for basketball as long as you're sitting between the goals. But an insulting replacement for MSG.

Orleans big claim to fame isn’t the facilities at the top, it’s the overall cheap package including rooms and meals. Probably less than half the cost of a MSG trip. Also NYC has quickly become a cesspool again. Vegas could move to pickup a tournament like this for years to come but the NIT doesn’t move the needle, hence the Orleans as the venue. I did like the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory candy apples. If the tickets are cheap enough it will do well.