Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

New Study: No Correlation Between Opioid RX & Drug Related Deaths

CDC is asshole.....asshole big.

Well, no kidding. There never was much of any increase in opioid prescription deaths in this “opioid crisis” bullshit. The CDC, media, politicians lumped them in with heroin and fentanyl deaths, and caused unspeakable suffering to those that suffer from insane chronic pain. Unforgivable to play bullshit politics with real horrid pain.

“Six years ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued guidelines that discouraged doctors from prescribing opioids for pain and encouraged legislators to restrict the medical use of such drugs. Those guidelines, which had a disastrous impact on pain patients, were based on the assumption that overprescribing was responsible for rising drug-related deaths. But according to a new Frontiers in Pain Research study, that assumption is no longer true, if it ever was.“

https://reason.com/2022/08/10/no-correlation-between-opioid-prescriptions-and-drug-related-deaths/

kat.jpg

On 8/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, IanforHeisman said:

But yeah there are people who truly need them and can’t now. Nothing worse than chronic pain being untreated I’d bet.

You can get them from some pain management docs, but much lower doses and you have to have verified causes of pain. For some conditions like Fibromyalgia, that’s really really hard to prove. 

20 years ago I used to take as much as 6 hydrocodone 10’s, 35 50mg Tramadol and 2mg Ativan per day at my worst, and that just took the edge off. If I were in that condition today, I’d be looking at checking out early for real.

kat.jpg

My dad was on heavy narcotics for pain his last couple years.  It was frustrating, taking him to see the pain doctor/norco merchant periodically.  Seriously, it was major effort and required a special vehicle when he was no longer mobile.

The pain people literally came before his body was cold in the family room to count and  collect the meds.

It didn't bother me at the time, now it kind of does when I think about it.

Lately I feel it's getting better for chronic pain patients. I've been given a lot more freedom to use my "professional judgment" in dispensing opiates. I also hardly see "candy doctors" anymore. A lot of those have been weeded out especially in more urban areas.

The bigger issue we're seeing now is amphetamines prescribed like crazy through telehealth without any physical encounter. Cerebral I think is already pretty much shut down though so we'll see.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, NMpackalum said:

I bet I prescribe 90 percent less narcotics now. So many hoops to jump through. On the other hand, everyone knows the drill and I get very few complaints about it.

Acute therapy still has a bunch of hoops to jump through. And now with the new DEA directive that happened last week, it makes it a lot more annoying to get a Rx sent.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Acute therapy still has a bunch of hoops to jump through. And now with the new DEA directive that happened last week, it makes it a lot more annoying to get a Rx sent.

My right knee turns 10 in a few weeks. I had both totals done in Orem by the BYU team doc.  He prescribed me the best drugs and lots of them. 

On 8/11/2022 at 5:00 PM, grandjean87 said:

My right knee turns 10 in a few weeks. I had both totals done in Orem by the BYU team doc.  He prescribed me the best drugs and lots of them. 

My worst event was falling off and getting run over by a speed boat at elephant Butte. Propeller caught my left foot. Got some oxycodone IR to get me through that bit.  I've heard total knee replacement is a bitch though.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:05 PM, Stealthlobo said:

My worst event was falling off and getting run over by a speed boat at elephant Butte. Propeller caught my left foot. Got some oxycodone IR to get me through that bit.  I've heard total knee replacement is a bitch though.

Lacerated pancreas (broken ribs and other issues but it was the pancreas that caused the pain) followed by acute necrotizing pancreatitis was mine. 11 days in the ICU, 31 days hospitalized total.  Fentanyl pain pump, replaced with dilaudid pain pump after 5 days.  I was getting REALLY loopy. Auditory hallucinations. IV fluids only for 23 days.  Those ice chips on day 24 were the best thing I have ever eaten to this day.  

On 8/11/2022 at 5:05 PM, Stealthlobo said:

When the top of your tibia gets sawed off and multiple contours of the femor the same and both are drilled into with screws,  it’s some trauma. 

On 8/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lacerated pancreas (broken ribs and other issues but it was the pancreas that caused the pain) followed by acute necrotizing pancreatitis was mine. 11 days in the ICU, 31 days hospitalized total.  Fentanyl pain pump, replaced with dilaudid pain pump after 5 days.  I was getting REALLY loopy. Auditory hallucinations. IV fluids only for 23 days.  Those ice chips on day 24 were the best thing I have ever eaten to this day.  

+++++ that shit.... Glad ur alright.

I almost got my foot chopped off, but my buddy was smart enough to throw the transmission into neutral when I fell off the boat (doing titanic shit). Girl earlier that summer at the butte got run over and the propeller gutted her, spilling her in intestines out.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, Stealthlobo said:

+++++ that shit.... Glad ur alright.

I almost got my foot chopped off, but my buddy was smart enough to throw the transmission into neutral when I fell off the boat (doing titanic shit). Girl earlier that summer at the butte got run over and the propeller gutted her, spilling her in intestines out.

Oh my god.  

At Bishop Kelly we had a student lose his hand being pulled on one of those boards.  He fell, his hand got wrapped around the cord and nobody noticed they were dragging him for about 7 minutes.  Lucky he lived.