Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Pre-season Rank' EM

On 8/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, smltwnrckr said:

SJSU's offense is the question mark since it was dogshit last year. If this team has a "good offense," we'll win the conference. If we have an average offense we'll be in the mix. 

Touché- I more meant in general SJSU recruits good offensive talent given their geo. Especially at WR and TE. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

1) CSU 

2) Fresno

3) Boise

4) SDSU

5) USU

6) AFA

7) SJSU

8)New Mexico

9)UNLV

10) Wyoming

11) Nevada

12) Hawaii

-New Mexico will be improved and of course they will beat Wyoming.

-CSU is really being overlooked given their experience.  This is far from the start overs that we are accustomed to when a new HC comes in.  The only difference with this team and last year's Nevada team, is that this CSU team has much more depth and talent behind the starters. Yep as much as I hate to say it, I'm predicting CSU to win the MWC.

-Going to be long years for Wyoming, Nevada and Hawaii. On the plus side, if we all suck at least we shouldn't lose our teams to the portal again.

-AFA fans have told me how they aren't going to struggle with the new cut block rules; I'm not buying it.

Nope.  CSU will not win the conference or their division.  Hopefully in a year or two, but there is too much stacked against them as far as rebuilding.  The talent is there to surprise some folks, but the team is a middle of the pack group.  We might be pretty salty after 5 or 6 games though.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, smltwnrckr said:

SJSU's offense is the question mark since it was dogshit last year. If this team has a "good offense," we'll win the conference. If we have an average offense we'll be in the mix. 

image.gif.0e461fc4fbea0c1256b6fbb5841b6350.gif

On 8/12/2022 at 12:00 AM, JADogs05 said:

Also the fact that Wyoming has a player on their defense named Buck Coors has been making me sweat for a few days. 

Where the hell else would he play??

I've only posted a couple definitive if/then predictions on here. Every time, the same couple dipshits have posted a dumb response. And every time I've been correct.

One day, I encourage one of you to put your money where your mouth is. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1) CSU 

2) Fresno

3) Boise

4) SDSU

5) USU

6) AFA

7) SJSU

8)New Mexico

9)UNLV

10) Wyoming

11) Nevada

12) Hawaii

-CSU is really being overlooked given their experience.  This is far from the start overs that we are accustomed to when a new HC comes in.  The only difference with this team and last year's Nevada team, is that this CSU team has much more depth and talent behind the starters. Yep as much as I hate to say it, I'm predicting CSU to win the MWC.

-Going to be long years for Wyoming, Nevada and Hawaii. On the plus side, if we all suck at least we shouldn't lose our teams to the portal again.

-AFA fans have told me how they aren't going to struggle with the new cut block rules; I'm not buying it.

#blasphemy

1) CSU 

2) Fresno

3) Boise

4) SDSU

5) USU

6) AFA

7) SJSU

8)New Mexico

9)UNLV

10) Wyoming

11) Nevada

12) Hawaii

You won't admit to it, but I think you're playing a much deeper game here. I think you're trying to MWboard JuJu the shit out of CSU so they fail... well done. We all know it's blasphemous for a Poke fan to say anything positive about CSU. You're not fooling anyone. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, JADogs05 said:

Also the fact that Wyoming has a player on their defense named Buck Coors has been making me sweat for a few days. 

Great name. I would’ve liked to see CSU recruit him. 

My preseason pick: I have Fresno winning the MW this year behind a standout season by Haener. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:38 AM, madmartigan said:

You won't admit to it, but I think you're playing a much deeper game here. I think you're trying to MWboard JuJu the shit out of CSU so they fail... well done. We all know it's blasphemous for a Poke fan to say anything positive about CSU. You're not fooling anyone. 

I wish this was the case, but the wheels seem to be coming off in Wyoming and CSU to the south hired a coach who has shown he can compete in the MWC.  There is talent on that team and I think Norvell is going to eliminate a lot of the under achieving that has been going on for the Sheep.  I can see them winning the division and conference, if they do I will be calling for an official rename from CSU to UNR-Fort Collins.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:09 PM, EvilPoke said:

How long have we been hearing 'this is the year our tight ends will stand out' or something like that? I'll believe it when we see it.

Wyo doesn't need a good passing game. Other schools, like the sheep, do. Wyo just needs to be able to make the other team pay when they stuff the box, which hasn't been the case since what... Josh Allen's junior year?

As for the D, I want to see what kind of a pass rush they can generate. 

I will say this about Bohl teams - physically they are big, fast and strong enough to compete in the MWC. It's the passing game that has ALWAYS held them back.

Bohl needs to just bite the bullet and go full 1980s Nebraska. We could recruit athletes at QB instead of ‘hidden gems’ that only hit a small % of the time. Quite frankly I’d rather win than put QBs in the NFL. (As fun as Josh is to watch). On offense we recuit run blocking linemen and RBs pretty well. WR, QB and pass blockers not so much. A ball control option offense fits Bohl’s system perfectly. If we are completing less than ten passes a game anyway, let’s just accept our fate and use the pass like the ‘trick play’ it already is. 

The added bonus would be all the Boise fans tearing their hair out at the prospect of playing 2 option teams a year. 

put down the crack pipe

On 8/12/2022 at 9:40 AM, Ram1554 said:

Great name. I would’ve liked to see CSU recruit him. 

My preseason pick: I have Fresno winning the MW this year behind a standout season by Haener. 

Buck was like the CO 4a player of the year, or something. I believe the kid can play and we've been hearing about him in camp. Thanks for another CO stud.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:54 PM, JADogs05 said:

Boise’s d is going to be nasty. Gives me a lot of pause. 

Aztec nasty ?

Or, Boy-z nasty ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Any thoughts on your Air Force Falcons for the season? Do you agree with others within the Air Force fan base that the cut block rule changes won’t have an effect?

It may have an effect, but the game changer is AF has had progressively bigger and bigger linemen as they have bent the rules for the size of cadets. The cut blocking is not as vital as it used to be.

Cream of the Crop:

AFA - The best team they have had in a while. Will they adjust to the new blocking rules ?

Boise - O-line ? marks

Fresno -  The Old Ball Coach is back and they have the best QB in the Conference

SDSU - Secondaries and D-Coordinators are going to think they have turned over a bad Penny when Brionne torches them for RAC. The O-line will be the concern. Due to injuries they entered Fall Camp with only nine active linemen and two returners with experience.

Utags - Despite the personnel losses, Blake Anderson knows how to work the Transfer Portal.

Bowl Eligible:

CSU- Reno will improve and pull a few surprises.

Sparty - A little offense will go a long way

UNLV - The Rebs may have their once a decade Bowl appearance.

Making Sacrifices to the Football Gods:

Hawaii - They better off with a guy who knows the culture, but lost a shit ton of front line talent.

UNR - Everything I have read is Wilson was a solid hire. It will take a few seasons to stock the shelves 

Why-O-Y-oming - I'm from Mizzou and they have a lot to prove. The most inconsistent team from game to game I have ever witnessed in my 55 years of watching FB.

Los Lobos - Great Rock Band and D coordinator. Improvement might be measured by winning one more game than last year.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor