Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Pre-season Rank' EM

On 8/12/2022 at 1:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Good write up.  We were supposed to have Michigan State at home this year but Dickey "sold" the game to UW with them giving us their Ut-Martin game.  The only blunder Dickey has made as AD IMO, but we needed money falling COVID.  

Yep, a very unpopular move. It did give the athletic department $3.1 million to help dig out of a whole, though. He's batting 1.000 since then.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, kingpotato said:

Dude, 4 years in a row I've picked the surprise team in the conference and that team went from a losing season to double digit wins and I've never, not one single time, ever crowed about it. Have some humility, bruh.

BTW, SJSU is the surprise team this year and Air Force will win the SEC Mountain.

Either have I when i made the correct call. Just pointing it out to the same resident dipshits who lol'd the last times it happened, some.of whom have a weird and unexplainable hatred for 1960s organists.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:00 PM, kingpotato said:

The Boise OL has been a concern for years, but it shouldn't be this year. Barring injuries, it should be the best they've had in quite some time.

We shall find out September 30 when the Boy-C O-line gets it's first real test.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, kingpotato said:

Dude, 4 years in a row I've picked the surprise team in the conference and that team went from a losing season to double digit wins and I've never, not one single time, ever crowed about it. Have some humility, bruh.

BTW, SJSU is the surprise team this year and Air Force will win the SEC Mountain.

Who did you pick last year? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/14/2022 at 6:16 PM, Jalex4141 said:

Hank hope's you are right. 

Hank don't care.  He'll run into a wall if that's what it takes to get beat up.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:36 PM, Jimbo_Poke said:

I wish this was the case, but the wheels seem to be coming off in Wyoming and CSU to the south hired a coach who has shown he can compete in the MWC.  There is talent on that team and I think Norvell is going to eliminate a lot of the under achieving that has been going on for the Sheep.  I can see them winning the division and conference, if they do I will be calling for an official rename from CSU to UNR-Fort Collins.

it is the preseason. wait till a game has played to be objective about csu, please

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Any thoughts on your Air Force Falcons for the season? Do you agree with others within the Air Force fan base that the cut block rule changes won’t have an effect?

I don't really understand your obsession with the new rule.  2018 was a massive rule change to cut blocks, this year is a minor adjustment.  Since the cut block rule went into effect in 2018 this is how AFA has finished in team rushing stats: 2018 - 3rd, 2019 - 2nd, 2020 - 1st, 2021 - 1st.

I think they've adjusted

On 8/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, Spaztecs said:

We shall find out September 30 when the Boy-C O-line gets it's first real test.

Oregon State's DL is supposed to be monster.  That's game 1.   They'll get exposed early if they are the same and not improved.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, Bob said:

Buck was like the CO 4a player of the year, or something. I believe the kid can play and we've been hearing about him in camp. Thanks for another CO stud.

Buck Coors broke his leg. We're +++++ed!

After all the transfers Nevada is the least experienced team in the NCAA.  Just a few experienced players coming back & 2 of them are already out with injuries including the only experienced OL.  I like the coaches & the players coming in but we'll probably be playing 3-5 true FR regularly.  At this stage I wouldn't put any MWC program ahead of us.  Going to take a few years to build the program back up again. 

On 8/15/2022 at 7:26 AM, happycamper said:

it is the preseason. wait till a game has played to be objective about csu, please

I respectfully refuse to do such a disrespectful and heinous thing!

CSEwe sucks, and will suck for a long time!

And not THAT way, Fresno. Get your minds out of the gutter.

On 8/13/2022 at 6:14 PM, son of a gun said:

Since Josh, all of our QBs have been able to run and had decent to canon arms. Only, no accuracy or quality QB coaching. And last year in pass protection, despite it being up and down the year before, took a few steps back.

I think Peasley is going to bring some consistency with accuracy  we haven’t seen in awhile. The Starting O line will be solid, but depth is an issue there. 

On 8/17/2022 at 11:10 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Guys...we may have to reevaluate our rankings based on recent news.  Wyoming apparently has a super secret punter that has separated himself from the field but Bohl won't be disclosing who this punter may be at this time.

https://7220sports.com/pokes-practice-r ... &fs=e&s=cl 

Okay, but how does he do in less rarified air ?

Say below 4000 feet.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor