Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Civil War II

On 8/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, bornontheblue said:

I have always wanted to go to DV NP and Joshua Tree NP. 

Probably not in August though. 

I've lived in California my entire life and never been to Death Valley but wouldn't discourage anyone who might want to since I've seen photos that were just amazing. My good friend once loved camping in DV by himself in his 4WD tricked out pickup during the spring and fall. Doing so eventually compelled him to buy his first firearms, mainly as defense from possible lunatics who might have wanted to do him harm. I don't recall the story but even as a non-gun owner, I was convinced he had good reason so would recommend such a self defense measure for anyone here who might consider doing that.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:58 AM, IanforHeisman said:

Judging by the background of the video, I’m pretty sure he’s under the $10,000 qualifier.

He’ll end up like the last idiot, cornered in a corn field and shot dead, and also like the last civil war.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Hey, let's not diss Baker. After all, it's the Gateway to Death Valley which, as I type at 11:45 a.m., is a very comfortable 109 degrees.

I once played a high school football game at Trona High, just outside Death Valley. Their field was dirt.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, AztecAlien said:

Certainly not going the way of conspiracy theory here because America is out of control and anything is possible at this point. But a guy supposedly had an AR-15 but decided to fire a nail gun? More information coming I guess. This country has lost its +++++ing mind. 

He "truth'd" during the standoff that he thought the nail gun would penetrate the bulletproof glass.

darwin-charles-darwin.gif

On 8/11/2022 at 6:41 AM, Akkula said:

Am I the only one getting tired of novo fascists and proto dictatorists threatening civil war?  When they have to follow the same rules as everyone else or are subjected to the same police they have deployed against their enemies and glorified they are incensed.   

It seems clear that these people don't care about American democracy.  The ends justify the means to them and when they had a super majority of white Christian nationalists nullifying their crimes on juries and overwhelming any other group, they loved democracy and the cops.    

Now democracy is not so good for them.  Like their southern traitor predecessors they are happy with the status quo as long as the deck is stacked in their favor.  

It is pretty clear now that these civil war wannabe traitors will not accept democratic rule if it doesn't give them what they want.  

I find it interesting how this country embraces the "War on Terror" or the "War on Drugs" but we have to treat wannabe cult members in such a "hands off method."  We cannot target domestic terrorism in the same way we can chase brown terrorists and drug dealers to the ends of the earth.

I think it is time that changes.  We need a new war on domestic terror.  The new civil war won't be large groups of soldiers lining up...yet.  We need to get ahold of this and chase and label these anti democratic gun grippers pretty hard at this point.  

We made a big mistake in allowing the southern traitors to re-invent their own history and it is with us today.  The Germans, Japanese, and other were forced to face up to their fascism.  It is time for the American fascists to have a comeuppance. 

I didn’t like the vote in Kansas. I think it’s terribly wrong what happened. But the vote was done under a state with strict ID laws. We lost fair and square. 

I have no desire to start shooting my friends and family over heated political issues. If we all become California so be it. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I've lived in California my entire life and never been to Death Valley but wouldn't discourage anyone who might want to since I've seen photos that were just amazing. My good friend once loved camping in DV by himself in his 4WD tricked out pickup during the spring and fall. Doing so eventually compelled him to buy his first firearms, mainly as defense from possible lunatics who might have wanted to do him harm. I don't recall the story but even as a non-gun owner, I was convinced he had good reason so would recommend such a self defense measure for anyone here who might consider doing that.

Death Valley is a pretty cool place. There are lots of old mines everywhere. A couple of friends and I camped there for a week exploring different places on our dirt bikes. We explored one old mine that went into a hillside pretty far. Kind of an eerie feeling knowing how old the timbers were and it might collapse at any time. 

I believe the highest US temperature was recorded there over 130 degrees. Just looked it up it was 134 degrees highest temperature ever recorded in the world. 

On 8/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, bornontheblue said:

I have always wanted to go to DV NP and Joshua Tree NP. 

Probably not in August though. 

There's kind of a thing where people will try to play a round of golf on the hottest day of the year at Furnace Creek. Basically you wear a wet towel when you're not actually hitting a shot. It's a silly bucket list item for me.

On 8/12/2022 at 2:28 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Bad Water in Death Valley -282 ft below sea level -- Sea Level sign up in the adjacent mountain 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Being at Badwater Basin at dusk/golden hour is unforgettable. Beautiful as anything.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Go thru this thread of the lunatic fringe amping up for WAR 

This guy is right!!!! Not only is the IRS going to audit every Republican and start a civil war but with an audit, an FBI Grab team will be placed on every street corner in America to remove every gun legal or illegal. 

What are the chances the douchebag in the video has an unframed poster of this in his room next to his confederate flag poster?

924B7FDB-78B1-4260-B135-EC654F866FEB.jpeg