Jump to content
Akkula

Civil War II

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one getting tired of novo fascists and proto dictatorists threatening civil war?  When they have to follow the same rules as everyone else or are subjected to the same police they have deployed against their enemies and glorified they are incensed.   

It seems clear that these people don't care about American democracy.  The ends justify the means to them and when they had a super majority of white Christian nationalists nullifying their crimes on juries and overwhelming any other group, they loved democracy and the cops.    

Now democracy is not so good for them.  Like their southern traitor predecessors they are happy with the status quo as long as the deck is stacked in their favor.  

It is pretty clear now that these civil war wannabe traitors will not accept democratic rule if it doesn't give them what they want.  

I find it interesting how this country embraces the "War on Terror" or the "War on Drugs" but we have to treat wannabe cult members in such a "hands off method."  We cannot target domestic terrorism in the same way we can chase brown terrorists and drug dealers to the ends of the earth.

I think it is time that changes.  We need a new war on domestic terror.  The new civil war won't be large groups of soldiers lining up...yet.  We need to get ahold of this and chase and label these anti democratic gun grippers pretty hard at this point.  

We made a big mistake in allowing the southern traitors to re-invent their own history and it is with us today.  The Germans, Japanese, and other were forced to face up to their fascism.  It is time for the American fascists to have a comeuppance. 

  • Like 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 4:41 AM, Akkula said:

Am I the only one getting tired of novo fascists and proto dictatorists threatening civil war?  When they have to follow the same rules as everyone else or are subjected to the same police they have deployed against their enemies and glorified they are incensed.   

It seems clear that these people don't care about American democracy.  The ends justify the means to them and when they had a super majority of white Christian nationalists nullifying their crimes on juries and overwhelming any other group, they loved democracy and the cops.    

Now democracy is not so good for them.  Like their southern traitor predecessors they are happy with the status quo as long as the deck is stacked in their favor.  

It is pretty clear now that these civil war wannabe traitors will not accept democratic rule if it doesn't give them what they want.  

I find it interesting how this country embraces the "War on Terror" or the "War on Drugs" but we have to treat wannabe cult members in such a "hands off method."  We cannot target domestic terrorism in the same way we can chase brown terrorists and drug dealers to the ends of the earth.

I think it is time that changes.  We need a new war on domestic terror.  The new civil war won't be large groups of soldiers lining up...yet.  We need to get ahold of this and chase and label these anti democratic gun grippers pretty hard at this point.  

We made a big mistake in allowing the southern traitors to re-invent their own history and it is with us today.  The Germans, Japanese, and other were forced to face up to their fascism.  It is time for the American fascists to have a comeuppance. 

At the very least stop treating mass murderers with kids gloves and getting them burger king. 

That’s why the passing of legislation to root out white supremacists and nazi’s in the military and police is so important. 

I was thinking about Bannon going to jail, he’ll probably be getting lobster and mashed potatoes with zucchini and garlic and treated like a king by the aryans in prison.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is time to engage in some good old fashioned American "Cancel Culture."  You know like when we used to cancel Nazis, Communists, and Racists and excommunicate them from public life?

Republicans used to not touch these undesirables but now QAnoners, Proud Boys, 1%ers are their bread and butter.  

Time they get cancelled.  It is also time that the president and every politician demonizes and campaigns against them as a useful punching bag....you know...like we did in the "good ol days."

I find it funny how Democrats can't seem to capitalize on how these FREAKS are such a huge part of the con party.

  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sure a War on Domestic Terror is gonna work. No way it will be viewed as the party in charge using the government to suppress and imprison its political rivals. Certainly that will lead us back to the land of liberty and won't look anything like Stalinist Russia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 6:41 AM, Akkula said:

Am I the only one getting tired of novo fascists and proto dictatorists threatening civil war?

Possibly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 5:41 AM, Akkula said:

Am I the only one getting tired of novo fascists and proto dictatorists threatening civil war?  When they have to follow the same rules as everyone else or are subjected to the same police they have deployed against their enemies and glorified they are incensed.   

It seems clear that these people don't care about American democracy.  The ends justify the means to them and when they had a super majority of white Christian nationalists nullifying their crimes on juries and overwhelming any other group, they loved democracy and the cops.    

Now democracy is not so good for them.  Like their southern traitor predecessors they are happy with the status quo as long as the deck is stacked in their favor.  

It is pretty clear now that these civil war wannabe traitors will not accept democratic rule if it doesn't give them what they want.  

I find it interesting how this country embraces the "War on Terror" or the "War on Drugs" but we have to treat wannabe cult members in such a "hands off method."  We cannot target domestic terrorism in the same way we can chase brown terrorists and drug dealers to the ends of the earth.

I think it is time that changes.  We need a new war on domestic terror.  The new civil war won't be large groups of soldiers lining up...yet.  We need to get ahold of this and chase and label these anti democratic gun grippers pretty hard at this point.  

We made a big mistake in allowing the southern traitors to re-invent their own history and it is with us today.  The Germans, Japanese, and other were forced to face up to their fascism.  It is time for the American fascists to have a comeuppance. 

We? They? I'm guessing the thought the air-tight methodology that decides what camps people get assigned is so obvious that it goes without saying, but for the rest of us, how the hell are we supposed to know what side to be on if you are not more explicit in your call for civil unrest? Come on, man. We are not going to bring you out of exile for the coup until you tighten your message up. I am the Walrus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, And? said:

We? They? I'm guessing the thought the air-tight methodology that decides what camps people get assigned is so obvious that it goes without saying, but for the rest of us, how the hell are we supposed to know what side to be on if you are not more explicit in your call for civil unrest? Come on, man. We are not going to bring you out of exile for the coup until you tighten your message up. I am the Walrus.

You want a litmus test on how to divide the idiots into their camps?  How about if the only person who would have taken them seriously in the 90s would have been Jerry Springer?!?  We have spent so much time coddling and trying to be fair minded to say everyone's ideas get a gold star.  

These people are +++++ing idiots.  We certainly don't need neo-McCarthyism or the government persecuting people but these idiots should be ostracized by civil society instead of coddled. AKA cancelled.

I remember when we got idiots here talking about David Koresh and the Ruby Ridge idiots as some kind of martyrs.  We used to not tolerate that shit.  Until we grind their idiot faces into the dirt (figuratively speaking) we will be held hostage by the fact free idiots. 

Cheese Pizza Fight GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Akkula said:

You want a litmus test on how to divide the idiots into their camps?  How about if the only person who would have taken them seriously in the 90s would have been Jerry Springer?!?  We have spent so much time coddling and trying to be fair minded to say everyone's ideas get a gold star.  

These people are +++++ing idiots.  We certainly don't need neo-McCarthyism or the government persecuting people but these idiots should be ostracized by civil society instead of coddled.

I remember when we got idiots here talking about David Koresh and the Ruby Ridge idiots as some kind of martyrs.  We used to not tolerate that shit.  Until we grind their idiot faces into the dirt (figuratively speaking) we will be held hostage by the fact free idiots. 

Ok. How does civil society ostracize them? What does that mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 11:12 AM, SharkTanked said:

Ok. How does civil society ostracize them? What does that mean?

Send them to Costa Rica...

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, SharkTanked said:

Ok. How does civil society ostracize them? What does that mean?

What do you not understand about "Cancel Culture?"  What do people typically complain about when they get "cancelled?"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:21 AM, Akkula said:

What do you not understand about "Cancel Culture?"  What do people typically complain about when they get "cancelled?"

 

Ok? How do you cancel them? Sue them into oblivion like is being done to Alex Jones? Not frequent their bait and smoke shop? Say mean things to them if they have the wrong bumper sticker on their car? 

Cancel the mainstream media if they give them attention? Fine, we cancel the mainstream media. Now we have become that which we fought... uneducated rubes just getting our info from only one side.

Cancel culture is already going on with a lot of GOP funders and sympathizers. Are you arguing that not enough people are participating in that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, SharkTanked said:

Ok? How do you cancel them? Sue them into oblivion like is being done to Alex Jones? Not frequent their bait and smoke shop? Say mean things to them if they have the wrong bumper sticker on their car? 

Cancel the mainstream media if they give them attention? Fine, we cancel the mainstream media. Now we have become that which we fought... uneducated rubes just getting our info from only one side.

Cancel culture is already going on with a lot of GOP funders and sympathizers. Are you arguing that not enough people are participating in that? 

How do hardcore supporters of Alex Jones and Jewish Space Laser lady get to spew their bullshit all over social media and those who employ them, go to school with them, let them watch their kids, etc., give them a pass?  Would you let a clansman with photos on facebook watch your kids?  Yet somehow we tolerate Qanon idiots amongst us.  WTF?!?

Speech is free but not free of consequences.  We have given these people too wide of berth and given them the impression that they will have no consequence.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 9:43 AM, Akkula said:

How do hardcore supporters of Alex Jones and Jewish Space Laser lady get to spew their bullshit all over social media and those who employ them, go to school with them, let them watch their kids, etc., give them a pass?  Would you let a clansman with photos on facebook watch your kids?  Yet somehow we tolerate Qanon idiots amongst us.  WTF?!?

Speech is free but not free of consequences.  We have given these people too wide of berth and given them the impression that they will have no consequence.  

So by cancelling them, you mean removing them from social media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 10:49 AM, SharkTanked said:

So by cancelling them, you mean removing them from social media.

Have you ever heard of shunning, banishment, excommunication?  Where the whole community turns their back on you?  Well beyond social media accounts..no?

If not maybe you should ask a former mormon or scientologist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 10:43 AM, Akkula said:

How do hardcore supporters of Alex Jones and Jewish Space Laser lady get to spew their bullshit all over social media and those who employ them, go to school with them, let them watch their kids, etc., give them a pass?  Would you let a clansman with photos on facebook watch your kids?  Yet somehow we tolerate Qanon idiots amongst us.  WTF?!?

Speech is free but not free of consequences.  We have given these people too wide of berth and given them the impression that they will have no consequence.  

Its not the supporters or idiots that are the problem. Its not a people problem, its a population and masses problem. Its a withering of the country and community above yourself ethos emanating from idiot politicians more concerned with staying drunk on power. When you have people of authority giving any kind of credence to conjecture and conspiracy, it will give it license to exist in society. Both sides are guilty of giving dangerous things legitimacy. If things like Quanon or skin-color guilt was dismissed as divisive and dangerous by authority figures, it would be nothing but internet non-sense. Falling into the trap of constantly justifying the cleansing of 1 or 2 percent of the population just makes you part of that group eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 10:20 AM, CV147 said:

I expect a "new war on domestic terror" will go as well as any "war on" whatever that the government has initiated over the last 50 years.

the fact that akkula can't see that the conservatives are generally much more competent at using this kind of legislation and powers to further themselves politically is nuts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...