mugtang

0% Inflation!

On 12/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, grandjean87 said:

Steven Wright and Jay Powell.  If only we could clone both. 

They still live as far as I know. It’s another Mitch Hedberg that we need.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

image.gif.9b74a9786f83455eff2e51092e323e3d.gif

I never got into Hedberg or Bill Hicks and way too young for Lenny Bruce.  Timing on Hedberg and just missed Hicks.  Sam Kinison was the one early death stand up comic that I really watched.  All different, but who am I missing w/o cheating and looking up? 

On 12/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, grandjean87 said:

I never got into Hedberg or Bill Hicks and way too young for Lenny Bruce.  Timing on Hedberg and just missed Hicks.  Sam Kinison was the one early death stand up comic that I really watched.  All different, but who am I missing w/o cheating and looking up? 

Hedberg was the worst timing for me. Saw his Comedy Central special at lunch once, bought his album, and within a month he was dead. Comics and musicians lead lives that take them to dangerous places, usually to their detriment but our benefit. Hedberg would have ruled at Twitter.

• Like 4

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:35 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hedberg was the worst timing for me. Saw his Comedy Central special at lunch once, bought his album, and within a month he was dead. Comics and musicians lead lives that take them to dangerous places, usually to their detriment but our benefit. Hedberg would have ruled at Twitter.

I saw him live once. Seems like that's the most enviable fact about me if you asked my friends and family lol.

On 12/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

conspiracy hat

he lives. as dril

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 12/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, toonkee said:

I saw him live once. Seems like that's the most enviable fact about me if you asked my friends and family lol.

Well…are you going to tell us about seeing a legend live or are you waiting for us to throw our panties?

This clip was starting mid-morning as I was leaving.  Just watched it.  The good professor thinks inflation is over.  He meant to say "buy the rumor, sell the news" at the start in reference to the pullback.  Then goes on to point out housing data is stale and otherwise core (MoM) has been negative for a couple/few months:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/12/13/jeremy-siegel-if-fed-stopped-looking-at-stale-housing-data-theyd-realize-inflation-is-over.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

On 12/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well…are you going to tell us about seeing a legend live or are you waiting for us to throw our panties?

It gets better.

The bill was Dave Atell, Mitch Hedberg and Lewis Black. Some Comedy Central tour thing.

IIRC I already heard most of Mitch's stuff but the Atell material was new to me and I remember that being my favorite from that night. 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 12:07 PM, happycamper said:

conspiracy hat

he lives. as dril

Dril is like if Mitch took acid in the afterlife and came back to tell us about it. He’s seen some stuff man, and it’s not joke.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, toonkee said:

It gets better.

The bill was Dave Atell, Mitch Hedberg and Lewis Black. Some Comedy Central tour thing.

IIRC I already heard most of Mitch's stuff but the Atell material was new to me and I remember that being my favorite from that night. 

Holy cow. What a lineup. Black was the opener?

On 12/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, toonkee said:

It gets better.

Insomniac with Dave Atell...its when my humor graduated. I was 17 years old the first season. 

• Like 3

On 12/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, grandjean87 said:

Categories breakout - YoY:

Would love to understand the price impact on the other items from the cost of Fuel/Natural gas. Like how much of the % change was just driven by the cost of the commodity to move around or generate the other commodities?

On 12/13/2022 at 3:02 PM, AztecSU said:

Would love to understand the price impact on the other items from the cost of Fuel/Natural gas. Like how much of the % change was just driven by the cost of the commodity to move around or generate the other commodities?

I have not looked for any current 2nd derivative data.  Fuel costs' impacts are important, but they are industry specific.  Some consumer spending categories not much at all affected.  I don't think fuel costs impact high value/low bulk stuff much, but general transportation can be 10%+% and some industries higher. I think for air travel it can be like 25%?  So, the YoY graph showing that big rise in air fare makes sense.  

The +70% (YoY fuel) certainly is a derivative factor for core inflation just as falling fuel prices MoM recently have done for those metrics (edit: esp. for aggregate PCE/CPI). 

• Like 1