Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Is Elon Musk at Least Part Grifter?

On 8/9/2022 at 8:55 AM, toonkee said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/elon-musks-biggest-boondoggle.html?utm_source=tw

The boring tunnel thing is so bad and so dumb. Twitter...Dodgecoin...

happy season 4 GIF

Probably mostly grifter... but it's like the old saying about the difference between "insanity and genius is measured only by success."

The difference between grifter and titan of industry...

Clearly he is an idea guy who really thinks outside the box and has been hit and miss on his ideas. He's also a dick.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, SharkTanked said:

Clearly he is an idea guy who really thinks outside the box and has been hit and miss on his ideas. He's also a dick.

As a person who mostly only stands to benefit from courageous people who move society forward, I for one am just thankful that "dicks also +++++ assholes."

On 8/9/2022 at 5:57 PM, GoDogs22 said:

It's the shape, isn't it?

If somebody could figure out the physics for a vagina shaped rocket maybe you could finally get in one.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, AndroidAggie said:

The cars are good but he's a doofus

Doofus?  No I think that is a poor way to describe him.

Obviously he's brilliant.  But he's also a shameless self promoter and narcissist.  I grant most very successful people are, but he is a little extreme about it.  I respect his genius, but wouldn't particularly care to have a beer with him.

On 8/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, Bob said:

The Twitter thing pissed me off. +++++ him

Understandable.  He's +++++ing with your primary source of 'info'...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Grifter?  No.  He is doing essentially R&D for government, to create technologies that the government will find use for to include rockets, underground tunnels for transport, satellite and cyber platforms, and now ways to tap into brain function.  

Just another innovator for a bunch of likely bad things for humans, under the guise of it is good for humans.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, CPslograd said:

Doofus?  No I think that is a poor way to describe him.

Obviously he's brilliant.  But he's also a shameless self promoter and narcissist.  I grant most very successful people are, but he is a little extreme about it.  I respect his genius, but wouldn't particularly care to have a beer with him.

i have to accept this.

i went and did some googling and found out that some really bright people have worked directly with him and complimented his expertise.  they aren't saying he's the world's foremost expert, but they are saying he has technical talent.  so i retract the doofus statement.

i tried to post a link but the forum software converted it to an embedded content