Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 11:49 AM, retrofade said:

image.png

Quite the lot.

How about an invite for drinks and dinner ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, utenation said:

Before Trump, you could mostly water this kind of talk down to internet tough guys that wouldn't ever act on this stuff.

All they need now is a "tweet" from their King to organize the mob.

The mob is organized. They are just waiting on Trump to give the Orange Thumbs Up.

Voting Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Americans Mayor

On 8/10/2022 at 9:40 AM, smltwnrckr said:

However, it is worth pointing out that the underlying factor that makes the stakes high here is the "You'll be sorry you did this" tone, which rings of extortion.  The fact that everyone knows the GOP are already basically informing the country that they will use this power and abuse it effectively in ways the Democrats can't even dream of at the moment is a dark thing indeed. 

Which goes to the notion this does not logically appear to be a "definitive" politically motivated event.  Maybe  our independent agencies are becoming just that again under an institutionalist administration?  In any case, Wray is not a "Dem" like the morons keep saying, and the DOJ/FBI knew the sh!tstorm that has occurred was inevitable.  They are aware of the midterms. If I'm strategizing politically, and that's my primary goal, the search and retrieve doesn't happen.

So, either the documents really are sensitive and have import to national security in and of themselves or they really are related to a specific investigation. The former lacks logical political motivation, and the latter I don't know what to make of w/o more context.  

On 8/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, Jackrabbit said:

And you guys openly talk about ...who from your team will step up and unite the country....THAT is f'n  priceless.

Who from your Team can or will ?

Certainly not your Orange Turd 

Americans Mayor

On 8/9/2022 at 12:33 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Those that scream the loudest about the so-called corrupt policing agencies have the most hide from them.

Everyone of these doofuses secretly wish J Edgar Hoover was back in power.

Americans Mayor

On 8/9/2022 at 1:41 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Or an insider spoke with the FBI?

No Way Wow GIF

Americans Mayor

On 8/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, grandjean87 said:

Which goes to the notion this does not logically appear to be a "definitive" politically motivated event.  Maybe  our independent agencies are becoming just that again under an institutionalist administration?  In any case, Wray is not a "Dem" like the morons keep saying, and the DOJ/FBI knew the sh!tstorm that has occurred was inevitable.  They are aware of the midterms. If I'm strategizing politically, and that's my primary goal, the search and retrieve doesn't happen.

So, either the documents really are sensitive and have import to national security in and of themselves or they really are related to a specific investigation. The former lacks logical political motivation, and the latter I don't know what to make of w/o more context.  

Yea, but attempting to act apolitically is itself a political motivation. Dude's a former president and that matters quite a bit, even if he's the most contentious and and controversial president for a couple generations. So, if they went in there to seize potential evidence or sensitive material, and it doesn't turn out to be as sensitive or damning as they or the public would expect, there will be significantly different kinds of fallout than if they did the same thing with just some guy. At a certain point, it is what it is.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, UNLV2001 said:

😂

I didn't realize 74 million Americans were in possession of Top Secret Classified Guv Docs that the National Archives want back 

Americans Mayor

On 8/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, smltwnrckr said:

Yea, but attempting to act apolitically is itself a political motivation. Dude's a former president and that matters quite a bit, even if he's the most contentious and and controversial president for a couple generations. So, if they went in there to seize potential evidence or sensitive material, and it doesn't turn out to be as sensitive or damning as they or the public would expect, there will be significantly different kinds of fallout than if they did the same thing with just some guy. At a certain point, it is what it is.

Catch-22. Political if you do or don’t. 

I am not sure we will ever (timely) get the scoop from the DOJ.  Ongoing investigation. Forever.   Maybe we’ll get a Trump surprise and his team will release the warrant? Maybe nah. 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, smltwnrckr said:

This is where I see the permanent conflict on this issue. A large minority thinks the election was stolen and does not believe there is anything wrong with what occurred on Jan 6. There will be no evidence or material sensitive enough to ever warrant this action. It's a fool's errand to try to bend law/justice to meet these people.

That said, at some point the gov't needs to lay out the case for why this happened. That case needs to appeal to the moderate thinkers in this country. If it fails that standard, then yes, there is a legitimate problem.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, grandjean87 said:

Catch-22. Political if you do or don’t. 

I am not sure we will ever (timely) get the scoop from the DOJ.  Ongoing investigation. Forever.   Maybe we’ll get a Trump surprise and his team will release the warrant? Maybe nah. 

If charges are filed, at what point does the evidence/charges fall under the request for public records?  I would think it would be in the interest of the DOJ to gain credibility with presenting  their charges if they’ve done the homework. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Sadly some Trump followers will repeat this as a talking point.

@ridgeview2

Todays lesson in Government,

Don't phuck with the National Archivist !

dc comics television GIF

Americans Mayor

On 8/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, utenation said:

If charges are filed, at what point does the evidence/charges fall under the request for public records?  I would think it would be in the interest of the DOJ to gain credibility with presenting  their charges if they’ve done the homework. 

The DOJ will not compromise their investigation for the sake of public opinion. Nor will they release relevant info via FOIA for a pending investigation.

The longer this goes on in radio silence, the more likely the content of these records are embroiled in criminal charges against Trump (and far less likely this is just a seizure of Presidential records on behalf of NARA).

Meanwhile we will continue to hear screams of politically motivated witch hunt throughout the midterm season. I doubt this thing gets unwound before November. Just my speculation. We may see a timely leak of the warrant application sometime soon, ala the SCOTUS leak, but not sure that will end up providing substance.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, utenation said:

The charges become public at that time, but detailed evidence is a different matter.  In due time as a trial or plea happens? Maybe someone can speak to this more directly.

The reports I have read (NYT) indicate this search and retrieve is independent of the 1/6 or other matters. If true, charges may never come or be a long ways off.