Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, grandjean87 said:

Show me the legal rulings on that.  Who has been convicted under that subsection?

That’s the issue with those codes.  The text looks clear on the surface.  It’s more nuanced when the court’s rule.  I went through the history of a different subsection earlier here. 

Yeah, nuance is a bitch. 

Step.  Step. Step. Step.  They BETTER have the goods.  

On 8/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This thread has the timeline.  It was tweeted it was happening before Trumps "truth" post by about half an hour.  I don't think Trump should have been impeached the first time, either BTW.  The second time...YES.   

Nah, man.  Presidents taking home documents after office is par for the course.  Let us see what comes of it.  If it was not one of the two circumstances we talked about, this was a +++++ up.  

Good. A random tweet is the same as a Trump victim post.  

I’ll go back to what I said before. This isn’t a 5 going to 10.   It’s temporarily inflammatory.  If other events occur the flame may burn on. Otherwise, it’s basically the morons  have not moved positions before or after. They are where they are.  This search could be a total fvck up and that doesn’t change. 

On 8/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, grandjean87 said:

Good. A random tweet is the same as a Trump victim post.  

I’ll go back to what I said before. This isn’t a 5 going to 10.   It’s temporarily inflammatory.  If other events occur the flame may burn on. Otherwise, it’s basically the morons  have not moved positions before or after. They are where they are.  This search could be a total fvck up and that doesn’t change. 

It's not.  But you asked if it was news before that.  It was.  This thread was started based on information that came out before Trumps Truth post, it was viral before Trump said a thing.  Internet works real fast.

I agree it is not turning a 5 into a 10.  I am afraid of what those morons might do.  That is not the point either.

If we love and value what we have, and want to fight against what the last regime undermined, the idea  this could be a giant +++++ up needs to be considered.  It should not be downplayed because of what TFG did while in and after office. 

Potentially bad things need to be called out as hey man, this could be pretty bad.  Not weighed against the scale of the bad things of the last guy.  We do not need to add a gram of lead to the left of the double pan scale because others bought at an ounce.  

"Trump was just that fricking bad" does not appeal to me as a justification towards "whatever man this could be bad but look at the last guy"

On 8/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, grandjean87 said:

Show me the legal rulings on that.  Who has been convicted under that subsection?

That’s the issue with those codes.  The text looks clear on the surface.  It’s more nuanced when the court’s rule.  I went through the history of a different subsection earlier here. 

The rulings were, uhm, political not moral or legal.  

On 8/9/2022 at 9:44 PM, grandjean87 said:

Daniel Hale

Terry Albury

Kristian Saucier was a contemporary example. I’m sure you know Reality Winner and Chelsea Manning.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Even the IG report made a footnote how the DOJ changed the rules.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This thread has the timeline.  It was tweeted it was happening before Trumps "truth" post by about half an hour.  I don't think Trump should have been impeached the first time, either BTW.  The second time...YES.   

Nah, man.  Presidents taking home documents after office is par for the course.  Let us see what comes of it.  If it was not one of the two circumstances we talked about, this was a +++++ up.  

You are being disingenuous about what happened.  He took the classified materials and was specifically told to return them all by multiple agencies.   Instead he hid some of the most "juicy" pieces of information and told them he gave them everything.   Had the FBI subpoenad the documents he would have tied them up in court for years and eventually flushed them.   They have an opportunity for a "get out of jail free" card and he didn't take it. 

Undoubtedly those documents contain information that he believes is personally beneficial to him.   He undoubtedly intended to disclose the materials to someone like wikileaks or Roger Stone.  

Should we really force ourselves to be stupid to act like we don't know what we ask know?  Should we really have to pretend Trump and Jimmy Carter should get the same benefit of the doubt based on their past actions and character?

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Posted Image

On 8/9/2022 at 11:32 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Daniel Hale

Terry Albury

Kristian Saucier was a contemporary example. I’m sure you know Reality Winner and Chelsea Manning.

Good finds on the top two, but it looks like Albury, along with Winner, were charged under 793 not 798.  Manning under USMJ and one section did subsume some US Code (again 793).  Hale did have a 798 charge along with multiple under 793, and it appears his single county guilty plea was under 798.  The other guy, some other charge.

I would expect that there are a few cases under 798, but again how did the rulings go? What level of and kinds of intent are needed to prevail convictions upon appeal?

As for Clinton, 793 (f) was the prevailing charge considered.  Comey in his recommendation to not file charges said this (link to full text below):

“Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.” 

As I posted before, there is a specific intent required for 793 (f) stemming from a 1941 Court decision.  I am assuming that there are similar hurdles for related code subsections.  

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

On 8/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Legal rulings as in the boundaries of laws set by the courts.  

Back to the Gestapo raid on Donald’s personal, private dwelling.  If no charges come forth this will fade.  It will get mixed in with all the other grievances by the oppressed peoples.  Compared to the reactions that would occur if charged by the DOJ and put on trial for any of the three main criminal acts it appears the 1/6 Committee is zoned in on, the Raid on Mar-a-Lago will seem smaller than bin Laden’s penis on South Park. 

Now, if charges separate from 1/6 come forth from the documents seized, that’s another story.  I don’t expect that. 

Barrack Obama needs to come out with a bunch of conspiracy theories and keep putting pressure on Trump to release his  "long form" warrant.  Why is Trump concealing the warrant?  "People are saying" he did something really bad but doesn't want the public to know!

Posted Image

I see it rhis way...Suddenly supporters of the FBI visit claim we are a country of laws.

Where was this law :

On the southern border

On the BLM riots that destroyed public buildings plus countless minority neighborhoods

When Clapper and Brennan lied to congress

When the IRS went after conservative non profits

In Chicago.

Former FBI chief Comey steels records and leaks them to the press.

DAs all over the country ignore laws.

When Holder ran guns across border and blew off congress 

I could go on...and I am sure you can pick the above posts apart with a million net posts...but this is common opinion.  And yes liberals form opinions based on partial facts too.

OK...even tho the seized records are likely just presidential records...you could be right about trump.

Many times have I been in a leadership position and asserted myself when i was very right, and then was very sorry about the long term outcome.  Being a leader means you sometimes half to pick your battles...and raiding a political opponent in the pre-dawn  shouldnt be one you choose.

Our leadership in DC is not capable of making these choices which makes this act dangerous and divisive as hell. 

I'm out....so let your hatred run.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, Jackrabbit said:

I see it rhis way...Suddenly supporters of the FBI visit claim we are a country of laws.

Where was this law :

On the southern border

On the BLM riots that destroyed public buildings plus countless minority neighborhoods

When Clapper and Brennan lied to congress

When the IRS went after conservative non profits

In Chicago.

Former FBI chief Comey steels records and leaks them to the press.

DAs all over the country ignore laws.

When Holder ran guns across border and blew off congress 

I could go on...and I am sure you can pick the above posts apart with a million net posts...but this is common opinion.  And yes liberals form opinions based on partial facts too.

OK...even tho the seized records are likely just presidential records...you could be right about trump.

Many times have I been in a leadership position and asserted myself when i was very right, and then was very sorry about the long term outcome.  Being a leader means you sometimes half to pick your battles...and raiding a political opponent in the pre-dawn  shouldnt be one you choose.

Our leadership in DC is not capable of making these choices which makes this act dangerous and divisive as hell. 

I'm out....so let your hatred run.

You see it like Jesse Watters does then.  Cool.  I could have said Tucker or Ingram or Hannity,  but i happened to listed to Jesse's show yesterday.  Why?  It helps me understand how the angry right approaches anything Trump related, be it the FBI raid or Jan 6th/"rigged election".  It helps me talk with certain members of the family that watch Fox way too much, and I sympathize with them because of it.  The message is always consistent.  Democrats are evil, Republicans (and for sure Trump) are not.  And your list is spot on with his show.  In fact, he mentioned Holder specifically.  For the record,  I think what Trump did leading up to and on Jan 6th specifically is a hundred times worse than possibly keeping documents when he shouldn't have.  But the sky is falling screaming from the right is totally predictable.  I get it.  And i will continue to watch or listen to a few minutes of Fox every afternoon.  Do I think the shows are off the rails?  Most of the time.  But if 50% of the country is going to believe right wing news, i would rather hear it for myself and compare to other outlets.  

The Dems are doing everything they can to get something on Trump to keep him from running again. They are scared to death of him. Unwittingly they have made him into a martyr and put him into the limelight to do just what they are trying to prevent. Stupid is as stupid does. 

On 8/9/2022 at 7:35 AM, Jackrabbit said:

As usual, you guys can't grasp what is going on here.

Even if trump did something wrong, half of this country sees govt abuse of power...and that is an understament.  Another thread on this board talks about unifying the country? Are you guys fn kidding us?   the DC establishment is telling half the country to go f themselves.

The FBI has been spying on trump. his campaign and presidency for about 8 years, does anyone think they didn't know what he has?   

Why did they not just subpoena the info?   Past presidential staffers gotb caught red handed taking classified stuff hidden in their clothes...why were they not prosecuted?

The DC establishment has gone too far.   If trump is such a crook, why not let the voters decide?  The elite fears this and if they  manage to take a choice away there will be hell to pay.

So, because one half of the Country believes this is a political over reach, DOJ should have let it slide ?

One half of the Country also believes the Jan 6 Commitee is bs. So, should we not investigate that ?

But, one half believes this Hunter Biden bs, so we should investigate that.

Guess which half we're talking about ?

hint: the paranoid and delusional half.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor