Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm just saying unprecedented and historical actions change the calculus of what is a procedural norm.   We are in uncharted waters.  The onus needs to be to provide the public with information.  As much as possible and I do not believe that is happening.  

I understand the whole thing. I listened to local talk radio this afternoon.  I gained respect for Nate Shelman.  I got what he was trying to do.  Calm the waters.  It’s all across the country.

But, we aren’t going back to 1990 or before or thereabouts even with some public statement that includes specific info.  Trump can do that anytime he wants.   He’s got the warrant. If I’m DOJ, I might put that out and out and out.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:21 PM, FresnoFacts said:

I was semi fired up over the warrant too. I did a little research. The affidavit has the evidence for probable cause used to get the warrant. Trump’s goons wouldn’t get a copy until charges are filed. 

The warrant from what I read is a pretty basic document describing what the agents are there to do with an address of  where that warrant will be done.  Not much more. 

Finally they leave a list of what was taken from the home.

So until charges are filed, we probably aren’t going to know much.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:18 PM, grandjean87 said:

I understand the whole thing. I listened to local talk radio this afternoon.  I gained respect for Nate Shelman.  I got what he was trying to do.  Calm the waters.  It’s all across the country.

But, we aren’t going back to 1990 or before or thereabouts even with some public statement that includes specific info.  Trump can do that anytime he wants.   He’s got the warrant. If I’m DOJ, I might put that out and out and out.

K.  I really do hope you know what this means for political norms going forward. Unless this was one of the instances highlighted we have talked about...this is bad news.  He better have had Top Secret documents that pose a risk to life of US citizens or was determined likely to have given documents towards the aid of hostile entities, this was a HUGE blunder.   

On 8/9/2022 at 6:31 PM, utenation said:

Finally they leave a list of what was taken from the home.

So until charges are filed, we probably aren’t going to know much.

Of course Trump and his attorneys could release that list which would provide more information. Currently the only info public is that the FBI removed 10 to 12 boxes of items.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:35 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

K.  I really do hope you know what this means for political norms going forward. Unless this was one of the instances highlighted we have talked about...this is bad news.  He better have had Top Secret documents that pose a risk to life of US citizens or was determined likely to have given documents towards the aid of hostile entities, this was a HUGE blunder.   

Do you remember TFG impeached twice?  There’s a 1/6 committee ongoing.  They’ve displayed some real sh!t. This is the right wing populist outrage of the day. Never before!  Unprecedented!  

Look, if the DOJ is as incompetent as yer wurst fears, what does that really say?  Where does that lead?  Every solid take I have heard/read indicates that isn’t the case here. It was slow, deliberate, mediated by courts, targeted, and necessary.  

On 8/9/2022 at 7:36 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Of course Trump and his attorneys could release that list which would provide more information. Currently the only info public is that the FBI removed 10 to 12 boxes of items.

If I’m a Trump attorney I’d be more interested in disputing the evidence rather than the list. I’m not even sure how detailed that list is other than we took 15 boxes. 

Trump’s goons also know what kinda mileage they can get with his base playing the innocent victim.

We are a need to know society so I get the frustration with lack of public info.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:47 PM, grandjean87 said:

Do you remember TFG impeached twice?  There’s a 1/6 committee ongoing.  They’ve displayed some real sh!t. This is the right wing populist outrage of the day. Never before!  Unprecedented!  

Look, if the DOJ is as incompetent as yer wurst fears, what does that really say?  Where does that lead?  Every solid take I have heard/read indicates that isn’t the case here. It was slow, deliberate, mediated by courts, targeted, and necessary.  

Yeah, I do.  I've followed it closely and applaud the process and way it has been handled.

This is different.  If you can not see how this is different, well, that is kind of on you.  I am not saying they are incompetent, I am saying if this does not turn out to reveal that Trump was putting American lives at risk by improperly handling Top Secret information, it was, yeah, incompetent.  Or, of course, they had reason to believe beyond "well that is what Trump does" that he was providing to, or the information could have in other way be obtained by hostile groups, information detrimental to the country.

Anything short of that and this is a disaster.  Period.  And sets a wild precedent for the future.  

They better have the goods.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, Spaztecs said:

There needs to be an excessively high bar of evidence and POTUS needs to be informed of said action. For political reasons POTUS should not have the power of veto. But, he does have the right to put the AG's feet to the fire.

Trumps secret service detail was notified that the FBI was coming I assume.  I find it very difficult to believe that this was coordinated without the White House’s knowledge and support   

On 8/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, I do.  I've followed it closely and applaud the process and way it has been handled.

This is different.  If you can not see how this is different, well, that is kind of on you.  I am not saying they are incompetent, I am saying if this does not turn out to reveal that Trump was putting American lives at risk by improperly handling Top Secret information, it was, yeah, incompetent.  Or, of course, they had reason to believe beyond "well that is what Trump does" that he was providing to, or the information could have in other way be obtained by hostile groups, information detrimental to the country.

Anything short of that and this is a disaster.  Period.  And sets a wild precedent for the future.  

I think we have already had our fill of wild precedents since ‘16. This is turning a 9 into a 9.5.  It’s not a 5 going to a 10. 

The general public are political morons. I wish that were not true, but we have all seen the evidence. They will mix it all up with Hillary and Hunter and Russia Hoax and whatever.  It’s marginal at this point.  More at the end. 

As for the national security angle, that may not even be it. It could be info requested by the 1/6 Committee that has not been turned over?  It could be something else?

We are in a long trend of polarized populism. This event doesn’t change that. People largely choose their news sources. Objective truth no longer matters like it should.  Our institutions have to do their jobs imperfectly as they will be. 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:38 PM, FresnoFacts said:

I wonder if this guy recently decoded a Q message.

I thought JFKjr was coming back to support them?

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 8/9/2022 at 8:13 PM, CPslograd said:

Trumps secret service detail was notified that the FBI was coming I assume.  I find it very difficult to believe that this was coordinated without the White House’s knowledge and support   

Maybe but it doesn’t make sense if you’re Team Biden. They have huge momentum right now with bills and killing bad guys. 

Why would you want to take the eyeballs off your momentum? The last two days, it’s all Trump, every station. And Donnie is feeding off this like a parasite. 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:17 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

This better not be the judge that signed the warrant. My goodness.

image.jpeg.92dd16b61e696b9d6f84142dba081cc5.jpeg

image.jpeg.0dc39b010a339b76f610a508ae442d28.jpeg

Reinhart isnt (and was never) the judge in that case.  It's Donald Middlebrooks (whom Trump tried to get removed).  Hence, the case number.  Funny how worked up you are getting on what is essentially an administrative duty.

In United States federal courts, magistrate judges are judges appointed to assist district court judges in the performance of their duties. Magistrate judges generally oversee first appearances of criminal defendants, set bail, and conduct other administrative duties. The position of "magistrate judge" or "magistrate" also exists in some unrelated state courts (see below).

4 days ago...

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/trump-says-statute-of-limitations-shouldnt-apply-to-his-clinton-rico-lawsuit-because-he-spent-four-years-immersed-in-the-unrelenting-demands-of-the-presidency/

Trump’s attorneys asked U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks to toll the statute of limitations the entire time Trump was in office from January 20, 2017 through January 20, 2021.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 8/9/2022 at 7:29 PM, RSF said:

Reinhart isnt (and was never) the judge in that case.  It's Donald Middlebrooks (whom Trump tried to get removed).  Hence, the case number.  Funny how worked up you are getting on what is essentially an administrative duty.

In United States federal courts, magistrate judges are judges appointed to assist district court judges in the performance of their duties. Magistrate judges generally oversee first appearances of criminal defendants, set bail, and conduct other administrative duties. The position of "magistrate judge" or "magistrate" also exists in some unrelated state courts (see below).

4 days ago...

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/trump-says-statute-of-limitations-shouldnt-apply-to-his-clinton-rico-lawsuit-because-he-spent-four-years-immersed-in-the-unrelenting-demands-of-the-presidency/

Trump’s attorneys asked U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks to toll the statute of limitations the entire time Trump was in office from January 20, 2017 through January 20, 2021.

Look at the date at the top of the docket. Reinhardt recused himself in June. Nice try though.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flsdce/2:2022cv14102/610157?amp 

2A754CBE-371E-47EA-A39F-04E1DA0DF572.jpeg.725b5d70f57036b60a72da61fdf1f1b9.jpeg

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:32 AM, utenation said:

I certainly wouldn't want to be Pence's campaign manager and staff. Trying to sort through which of Trump's base wanted him hung or would actually support him.

Most of Trump's base can't read or write so it's probably hard to get accurate data.

Why do you say such goofy stuff like that? It just makes you look like the wrongly stereotyped Trump supporters you hate. Both parties have uneducated members. You can insult the Trump billy bobs in the south, but the Dems are the champions of pimping entitlements to the poor in this country in which many can’t read or write much at all and are in big numbers. 

kat.jpg