Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, FresnoFacts said:

And when given the chance, McConnell again makes no comment about the search at M-A-L,

That’s because, for all his faults, McConnell believes in the institutions of the United States. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 8/9/2022 at 3:20 PM, UNLV2001 said:

This makes sense, I think. Also, Trump would love the big evil gubmint to knock down his doors so he gets to look persecuted. He trades some dumb crap for this kind of opportunity. The art of the deal indeed.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:39 PM, toonkee said:

This makes sense, I think. Also, Trump would love the big evil gubmint to knock down his doors so he gets to look persecuted. He trades some dumb crap for this kind of opportunity. The art of the deal indeed.

For the grift, he needs to be the victim for the cult - That way he can ask for $$$ 

It keeps him out front & in the spotlight, allows for money making, keeps the cult drooling with his every move -- Even if he doesn't run again, this event might be the biggest boon to his grift that could have ever happened 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, toonkee said:

I didn’t see this thread, but I caught some of her earlier tweets and she led me to more on research 793 (f).

@halfmanhalfbronco this tweet thread is a longer musing by a former FBI agent on what I posted before. If Trump had intent to aid a foreign power in some way using classified documents, I think he would be charged under 793 (f).  But, I have a hard time seeing that actually being what is going on.  It may just have been a retrieval of sensitive documents (re: national security). 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:54 PM, grandjean87 said:

I didn’t see this thread, but I caught some of her earlier tweets and she lead me to more on research 794 (f).

@halfmanhalfbronco this is a longer musing by a former FBI agent on what I posted before. If Trump had intent to aid a foreign power in some way using classified documents, I think he would be charged under 793 (f).  But, I have a hard time seeing that actually being what is going on.  It may just have been a retrieval of sensitive documents (re: national security). 

Agreed on the bold.  If he had documents classified as Top Secret that posed national security risks by being improperly stored in his safe this is the only move as well.  If it is classified stuff that could wait, like restricted, confidential or even some secret seems like it could have been better handled?  Waited until it made a little more sense politically?  

On 8/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Agreed on the bold.  If he had documents classified as Top Secret that posed national security risks by being improperly stored in his safe this is the only move as well.  If it is classified stuff that could wait, like restricted, confidential or even some secret seems like it could have been better handled?  Waited until it made a little more sense politically?  

Agree  w/one clarification.  For a charge to stick it would require intent to use in a way that benefits a foreign power.  

On 8/9/2022 at 1:31 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

But you’re also wary that the boomerang comes around. Republicans are stupid and slow, but they learn when the rules of the game change.

Never seen Mitch be stupid or slow at anything. 

On 8/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

For sure, that was understood without the clarification :) 

@grandjean87 to go just a tiny little bit further for the purpose of clarification.  As of right now my opinion is that this would be warranted if there was more than reasonable suspicion to believe he had any type of classified information that would be used to aid or gain influence with foreign entities other than "that is just what Trump does".  Or there was top secret information being improperly and illegally stored.  Anything less than the judge, Garland and Wray  miscalculated the detriment of us all.  There are levels to classified information, they are not all the same.  Even among documents designated as top secret.  

On 8/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, grandjean87 said:

Agree  w/one clarification.  For a charge to stick it would require intent to use in a way that benefits a foreign power.  

Disagree....lying to the FBI saying you turned everything over when you did not is also a crime. 

Posted Image

On 8/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m also screaming that elephants have long memories. Regardless that Trump is a detestable character, Lois Lerner and the IRS basically auditing the tea party to death isn’t forgotten. The Steele Dossier, FISA and Carter Page, isn’t forgotten. There will be no Pence’s or Bill Barr’s in the next GOP administration at this rate. The gavels will soon change hands. Contempt of Congress prosecuted on one side, not the other, will not be forgotten either. Those calling for the strict enforcement of the rule of law are about to get enforced good and hard.

I honestly think no one gives a shit….

many think the executive branch has gotten too powerful as it is and are happy to see it reigned in no matter who is President.  Not to mention the more time they spend investigating the Biden Admin the less time they have to codify their religious right doctrine.  Investigate away and while your at it reestablish the ability for Congress to lock some one up for contempt of Congress.   

On 8/9/2022 at 4:49 PM, sactowndog said:

I honestly think no one gives a shit….

many think the executive branch has gotten too powerful as it is and are happy to see it reigned in no matter who is President.  Not to mention the more time they spend investigating the Biden Admin the less time they have to codify their religious right doctrine.  Investigate away and while your at it reestablish the ability for Congress to lock some one up for contempt of Congress.   

I've been on team MOAR IMPEACHMENTS for years.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@grandjean87 to go just a tiny little bit further for the purpose of clarification.  As of right now my opinion is that this would be warranted if there was more than reasonable suspicion to believe he had any type of classified information that would be used to aid or gain influence with foreign entities other than "that is just what Trump does".  Or there was top secret information being improperly and illegally stored.  Anything less than the judge, Garland and Wray  miscalculated the detriment of us all.  There are levels to classified information, they are not all the same.  Even among documents designated as top secret.  

Repeating, the June 3 meeting must have import.  Documents at M-a-L were padlocked a few days later.  No reports that any documents were retrieved that day.  DOJ knew exactly what they were looking for and where.  

It could have been the lawyers, but someone inside Trumpworld was (very probably) providing info.  I’m sure Garland and Wray fully understood the political impact of yesterday’s search.