Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Journalism was a bit more reputable at that time...and this is not on the scale of the Watergate coverup... it's a disagreement between a former pres and the DOJ, go figure.

Actually it was less reputable as most journalists all report the facts but slant what they report.  With multiple outlets any journalist who fails to report the facts immediately gets called out by the other side today.  

What Trump does has far exceeded what Nixon did.  

1) Nixon hired some men to break into the democratic headquarters to gain a political advantage

1) Trump tried to bribe a foreign government to change a political advantage. 
2) Trump was the first President in history to not peaceably transition power.  
3) Trump (allegedly) was illegally in possession of highly secret documents and did not return them.  

Nixon’s behavior was child play compared to Trump.  The difference was strictly in how the Republican Party reacted.   In Nixon’s case they put country over party.  In Trumps case, if the country makes it out, they will have dishonored themselves for all time.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, son of a gun said:

Jack, let me ask; how do you feel about someone that mocks the disabled? A simple, non political question.

I ask this because when I saw Trump doing so, on national television (I can post a video if you want), I knew that this was NOT the kind of person I want to run the country. And that was early on in his campaign. The rest of the stuff, including his own statements and actions, merely cemented it for me.

Trump did some stupid shit.  

How do feel about a current prez that has exhibited all kinds of racist shit ...does that fit your same standards?

It seems we all pick our poison.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Are our laws at the southern  border being honored.?..no.  what does that tell you?

Haven’t we seen a record number of deportations? 

Let me guess, your wife gets real upset when she sees day laborers in front of Home Depot…”Thurr takin Jack’s jerbbb!!!!11!!!”

On 8/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Are our laws at the southern  border being honored.?..no.  what does that tell you?

hey @toonkee props, you always hit the nail on the head (in very few words :ph34r:)

at the core it just always comes back to "we don't like Mexicans"

and Trump is mean to brown people...very simplistic :shrug:

On 8/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, son of a gun said:

Jack, let me ask; how do you feel about someone that mocks the disabled? A simple, non political question.

I ask this because when I saw Trump doing so, on national television (I can post a video if you want), I knew that this was NOT the kind of person I want to run the country. And that was early on in his campaign. The rest of the stuff, including his own statements and actions, merely cemented it for me.

Around that same time Trump said this: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/24/jill-stein-election-recount-intv.cnn/video/playlists/donald-trump/

I still remember being in the car with the missus listening to CNN and when my wife heard that, she was furious. I questioned whether Trump could have been referring to something besides Megyn Kelly being on her period but my wife was adamant that's what Trump meant. Looking back on it, there now can't possibly be any doubt that's what the POS was implying.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, sactowndog said:

What Trump does has far exceeded what Nixon did. 

1) Nixon hired some men to break into the democratic headquarters to gain a political advantage

huh, not to my knowledge

maybe I haven't kept up, did Nixon know before the break-in?

On 8/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, Jackrabbit said:

I say the same thing about mass shootings.  Our laws are not being followed!:oldman:   Time for some new ones that actually work!

Posted Image

On 8/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jackrabbit said:

It tells me you're cherry-picking one aspect of the law that, day-to-day, probably has almost nothing to do with everyday Americans (I understand that illegal drugs are a problem for the U.S. in general, but I'm speaking of those otherwise law-abiding citizens that don't have a drug problem).  Is the U.S.-Mexico border a problem?  Yes.  Was it a problem under the Twice Impeached Orange Shitstain?  Yes.  Will it still be under 47 in 2 more years?  Yes.  Was the Twice Impeached Orange Shitstain's "wall" policy a failed "policy" (you know, the term that even those GOP folks embarrassed by 45 still seem to like about him)?   Absolutely, unequivocally, yes...

https://www.cato.org/blog/border-wall-didnt-work

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/03/02/trump-border-wall-breached/

So you might want to think about another aspect of the law when making your argument about laws being political... 

On 8/14/2022 at 3:48 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Trump did some stupid shit.  

How do feel about a current prez that has exhibited all kinds of racist shit ...does that fit your same standards?

It seems we all pick our poison.

Ya know, this is basically a message board representing alums of our universities.  For  those who cannot see thru the crass and vulgar Trump, they can't be college graduates.  There's nothing wrong about being a Republican, but not what their party has become.    

On 8/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jackrabbit said:

Journalism was a bit more reputable at that time...and this is not on the scale of the Watergate coverup... it's a disagreement between a former pres and the DOJ, go figure.

Journalism is just the same today as it was back then. Hell, some of the same journalists involved with breaking Watergate are still active today.

You're a joke. 

On 8/14/2022 at 8:02 PM, GoDogs22 said:

Gotta see what the talking points will be from the cult

The talking points from the BB cult are that I'm madly in love with Beto and he's my boyfriend. 

😂