Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

Ok if this is true, this guy needs to be tried for treason..

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-trump-raid-documents-could-reveal-intel-sources-us-payroll-1733230

In pursuing the unprecedented search of Donald Trump's residence on Monday, the FBI was seeking to retrieve Top Secret and "compartmented" documents dealing with intelligence "sources and methods," two federal government sources tell Newsweek—documents with the potential to reveal U.S. intelligence sources, including human sources on the American government payroll.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:17 PM, grandjean87 said:

I’m just popping some corn to watch.  I lean to the thoughts in the CNBC article you linked that charges for 1/6 are more likely, but almost anything is possible. 

When Don said “We need to drain the swamp”, surely he wasn’t referring to his swamp right?

Someone must have pulled his drain plug by accident. 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, utenation said:

Here’s an article that fleshes out the possible penalties or lack there of if the probable cause sticks. And the likelihood of Orange Goo being banned from politics.  Looks like it would come down to constitutional qualifications to be President. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/08/12/trump-search-warrant-cites-statutes-that-call-for-prison-sentences.html

Regarding our disagreement about Trump running again for president, I was under the impression that if he is convicted of a felony over the next couple years, that would absolutely prohibit him from running. Now I know that's incorrect. However, I did run across an article which discussed whether someone could actually serve as president if convicted of a felony and imprisoned. Although even that is theoretically possible, because he wouldn't be able to fulfill the duties of president if incarcerated, the general view appears to be that under such circumstances, if Trump refused to step down, an expedited impeachment would be a foregone conclusion.

In the event no such impeachment occurred, we would presumably have a Constitutional crisis of epic proportions.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:31 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Regarding our disagreement about Trump running again for president, I was under the impression that if he is convicted of a felony over the next couple years, that would absolutely prohibit him from running. Now I know that's incorrect. However, I did run across an article which discussed whether someone could actually serve as president if convicted of a felony and imprisoned. Although even that is theoretically possible, because he wouldn't be able to fulfill the duties of president if incarcerated, the general view appears to be that under such circumstances, if Trump refused to step down, an expedited impeachment would be a foregone conclusion.

If no such impeachment occurred, we would presumably have a Constitutional crisis of epic proportions.

It would be chaos.  

Eugene Debs ran for president in 1920 from federal prison after conviction of the short-lived Sedition Act (extension of the Espionage Act).  Famous political cartoon:

FD00A4BE-EF38-4F15-B36B-617B6694F3F4.gif.476138142ddc793673e8dc7663d9fc92.gif

On 8/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

In the event no such impeachment occurred, we would presumably have a Constitutional crisis of epic proportions.

Since these are federal crimes, I assume that on his first day in office he could fully pardon himself.  Technically, he'd need to be sworn in in a federal prison.  And unless the Dems have 67 Senators, I've seen enough to truly believe that he wouldn't be impeached and removed.  

On 8/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, RebelAlliance said:

Since these are federal crimes, I assume that on his first day in office he could fully pardon himself.  Technically, he'd need to be sworn in in a federal prison.  And unless the Dems have 67 Senators, I've seen enough to truly believe that he wouldn't be impeached and removed.  

And this would be the crown jewel of how far our country has fallen. 

On 8/13/2022 at 12:37 PM, 4UNLV said:

Ok if this is true, this guy needs to be tried for treason..

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-trump-raid-documents-could-reveal-intel-sources-us-payroll-1733230

In pursuing the unprecedented search of Donald Trump's residence on Monday, the FBI was seeking to retrieve Top Secret and "compartmented" documents dealing with intelligence "sources and methods," two federal government sources tell Newsweek—documents with the potential to reveal U.S. intelligence sources, including human sources on the American government payroll.

I still like his policies of being cruel to Mexicans. Will vote for him again!

On 8/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, grandjean87 said:

DeSantis is hypocrite. 

friends-matt-leblanc.gif

kramer-seinfeld.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/08/13/obstruction-the-two-receipt-search-of-the-former-presidents-golf-resort/

The title - Obstruction:  The Two-Receipt Search of the Former President's Golf Resort -- is a cue to this  very long, detailed blog.  

First takeaway, is the search was methodical not only in following procedural due process, but also in how the retrieved materials were strategically structured in the warrant. @halfmanhalfbronco, I think will enjoy that. Two receipts were delivered simultaneously with their origins and destinations distinct.  The set of  5 boxes (+4 documents) directed at violations of the Espionage Act (793), and the longer list of various items including documents, photos, notes, and misc. aimed at 18 USC 1519 -- Destruction, alteration, or falsification or records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy (Obstruction statute).  The latter (1519) ostensibly refers to action taken while Trump was still in the White House.  

I think he really may be fooked this time.  But, I'll keep that popcorn handy until...

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22131379-220805-trump-warrant

There is a lot to unpack in the blog.  I found this strategically interesting in reference to the title (two-receipts)"

'We know there were efforts to prevent uncleared staffers (at M-a-L) from looking at classified information. Obtaining written proof of such instructions is one of the ways DOJ would prove that Trump did know this stuff remained classified."  This goes to the Espionage Act and negates any claim of "declassified" by Trump.

Here's the last paragraph in the blog.  I'll let it stand as written with some formatting

"I wrote a long thread yesterday about how Trump epically +++++ed up by giving DOJ grave reasons to come search his home. DOJ would never have searched Mar-a-Lago for materials Trump withheld in violation of the PRA. They probably would never have searched MAL for evidence he withheld regarding January 6. But Trump kept refusing to turn over classified information DOJ knew he had, some of it reportedly incredibly sensitive. Trump dared Merrick Garland to come get those classified documents. And in so doing, Donald J. Trump gave the FBI urgent reason to come into his home to seize — along with at least 11 boxes containing classified documents — the evidence about January 6 and other investigations that is so sensitive Trump tried to destroy it before refusing to turn it over to the Archives."

On 8/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, grandjean87 said:

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/08/13/obstruction-the-two-receipt-search-of-the-former-presidents-golf-resort/

The title - Obstruction:  The Two-Receipt Search of the Former President's Golf Resort -- is a cue to this  very long, detailed blog.  

First takeaway, is the search was methodical not only in following procedural due process, but also in how the retrieved materials were strategically structured in the warrant. @halfmanhalfbronco, I think will enjoy that. Two receipts were delivered simultaneously with their destinations distinct.  The set of  5 boxes (+4 documents) directed at violations of the Espionage Act (793), and the longer list of various items including documents, photos, notes, and misc. aimed at 18 USC 1519 -- Destruction, alteration, or falsification or records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy (Obstruction statute).  The latter (1519) ostensibly refers to action taken while Trump was still in the White House.  

I think he really may be fooked this time.  But, I'll keep that popcorn handy until...

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22131379-220805-trump-warrant

There is lot to unpack in the blog.  I found this strategically interesting in reference to the title (two-receipts)"

'We know there were efforts to prevent uncleared staffers from looking at classified information. Obtaining written proof of such instructions is one of the ways DOJ would prove that Trump did know this stuff remained classified."  This goes to the Espionage Act and negates any claim of "declassified" by Trump.

Here's the last paragraph in the blog.  I'll let it stand as written with some formatting

"I wrote a long thread yesterday about how Trump epically +++++ed up by giving DOJ grave reasons to come search his home. DOJ would never have searched Mar-a-Lago for materials Trump withheld in violation of the PRA. They probably would never have searched MAL for evidence he withheld regarding January 6. But Trump kept refusing to turn over classified information DOJ knew he had, some of it reportedly incredibly sensitive. Trump dared Merrick Garland to come get those classified documents. And in so doing, Donald J. Trump gave the FBI urgent reason to come into his home to seize — along with at least 11 boxes containing classified documents — the evidence about January 6 and other investigations that is so sensitive Trump tried to destroy it before refusing to turn it over to the Archives."

Keeping fingers crossed for 793 and 1519 to have the juice.  

Agree with the blogger.  Not a chance in hell they would have raided M-a_L just for violating PRA.  Hint to all future pols, if you are asked kindly to return nuclear secrets, signals secrets and lists of of our spies, DO IT.  Trump is beyond incompetent.  How the fook can anybody still think "yeah, that's the guy we need to lead the world".  FFS.  

On 8/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Agree with the blogger.  Not a chance in hell they would have raided M-a_L just for violating PRA.  Hint to all future pols, if you are asked kindly to return nuclear secrets, signals secrets and lists of of our spies, DO IT.  Trump is beyond incompetent.  How the fook can anybody still think "yeah, that's the guy we need to lead the world".  FFS.  

My man.   I don't know how many times in the last week I've spouted to anyone who would (or wouldn't) listen - "That's yer guy!?!?!?!"

On 8/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've read too much.  Lol.

A couple things I saw posited today -- one from a source I do not recall and another from a long time Trump observer I follow.

The latter thinks that DJT's reactionary, gut instincts and lack of ability to forecast longer range is at play here.  I think that goes to the final paragraph of the blog about which I just posted.  

The former rekindled the notion that Trump no longer has any real, top competent folks w/in his enterprise.  They gone.  He's got the "D" team on his side.  Going to "F" team. He didn't mention Jared and Ivkana, but it seems they been gone, too and ain't coming back before Ivana does.  All Trump has is his media and pol friends and they may not be anywhere near enough.  Especially, with Dark Brandon having Garland's back.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:11 AM, AztecAlien said:

I understand. But it is still irresponsible and exactly what's wrong with the internet. People can doctor anything on the internet and people eat it up. How many people are going to believe that was about the current raid on a past presidents home? Some posters already did. And yes, they're all hypocrites.  

Not sure how people who glanced at it and thought DeSantis was being reasonable were hypocrites.  Stupid perhaps for not realizing it was DeSantis but hypocrites? 

On 8/13/2022 at 4:36 PM, sactowndog said:

Not sure how people who glanced at it and thought DeSantis was being reasonable were hypocrites.  Stupid perhaps for not realizing it was DeSantis but hypocrites? 

It’s also interesting that certain posters only show up to call foul play when it’s politically convenient. 

There’s been mountains of fake garbage and internet conspiracies the last few weeks from radical right.  But not much interest there for some reason.