Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

From the WSJ reporting, it sounds like Trump's legal team were the ones who showed the information to them. Their justification is that Trump declassified it before leaving office... except that there's still a process for declassifying things, and that process doesn't sound like it was followed. 

On 8/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, utenation said:

LOL. You post very far right articles and links all the time and expect folks to swallow it as credibility. Then the next post, you blast anyone that posts a different flavor of article.  

LMAO at you claiming to be a "Centrist". You probably can't enjoy a good NASCAR race without cringing because they always turn "left" on the track. 

Remember he hates Trump lol.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, Milton Roe said:

I'll poke this bear with the the best John Kruk quote ever - "Lady, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player".   I totally agree being a good athlete helps one be a good golfer, but then we have John Daly.   Not a sport😀

Hands-down my 2nd-favroite all-time Padres 1B after Steve Garvey.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 8/12/2022 at 10:27 AM, retrofade said:

The list includes references to one set of documents marked as “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information. It also says agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents. The list didn’t provide any more details about the substance of the documents.

Yep, TS/SCI information was part of what they took back from him. That justifies it completely. 

Interesting part to all of that to me is that Murdoch's Wall Street Journal is making the report.

Listed in the inventory is also "information about the President of France"? I wonder what that might be.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, retrofade said:

From the WSJ reporting, it sounds like Trump's legal team were the ones who showed the information to them. Their justification is that Trump declassified it before leaving office... except that there's still a process for declassifying things, and that process doesn't sound like it was followed. 

A lot of stuff he can just wave his hand and say 'you are declassified'.

One group of docs he cant do that is....the nuclear related stuff.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/08/trump-fbi-raid-classified-nuclear-documents/671119/

Another is nuclear secrets. The Atomic Energy Acts of 1946 and 1954 produced an even stranger category of classified knowledge. Anything related to the production or use of nuclear weapons and nuclear power is inherently classified, and Trump could utter whatever words he pleased yet still be in possession of classified material. Where are our nuclear warheads? What tricks have we developed to make sure they work? This information is “born secret” no matter who produces it. The restrictions on documents of this type are incredibly tight. In the unlikely event that Trump came up with a new way to enrich uranium, and scribbled it on a cocktail napkin poolside at Mar-a-Lago early this year, that napkin would instantly have become a classified document subject to various controls and procedures, and possibly illegal for the former president to possess. Of course if he did so, no prosecutor would pursue him. A certain amount of leeway is crucial to the system.

If Trump was keeping nuclear secrets in the storeroom of his country club, without even the benefit of a padlock, and resisted attempts to secure those secrets against infiltrators and spies, a prosecutor might reasonably take more interest. After all, he’s the ex-president, not the pope.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:51 AM, UNLV2001 said:

one of those guys looks just like Stephen Miller. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:06 AM, toonkee said:

A subplot on this thread is that Stunner has posted like 100 times and nobody is responding at all. 

Trump out-Stunned Stunner for like 6 years. It's hard to troll on a thread about a troll. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:34 AM, sactowndog said:

@halfmanhalfbronco  I know what the Presidential Records Act is and as to “shutting my pie hole” ………

I’m not the one posting heads should roll, contradicting what was said, and saying “they better or else”.  

Yeah, and it turns out they did.  So no need for heads to roll.  If they did not, and Garland was not involved, yikes!!!! That would indeed have been a level of incompetency that should require immediate head rolling.

And no, you clearly did not have any idea what the Presidential Records Act actually was, or you would not have questioned whether or not EVERY SINGLE president has violated it.