Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, grandjean87 said:

Repeating, the June 3 meeting must have import.  Documents at M-a-L were padlocked a few days later.  No reports that any documents were retrieved that day.  DOJ knew exactly what they were looking for and where.  

It could have been the lawyers, but someone inside Trumpworld was (very probably) providing info.  I’m sure Garland and Wray fully understood the political impact of yesterday’s search. 

Understanding making an error are not mutually exclusive. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, sactowndog said:

Guess he had reason to request that pardon. 

Man and he is pissed they did not warn him because he is "special"

https://apnews.com/article/elections-pennsylvania-donald-trump-congress-cfa625f007ef38c18727a1755dec4a4f

On 8/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The longer they wait, the more wtf this becomes. Give the public something. If it fizzles, there’s no coming back from this. Cross the rubicon and you better win the people.

Yeah given Perry had his phone seized today might indicate it was part of a larger endeavor and hint at why they have said nothing. 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, mugtang said:

That’s because, for all his faults, McConnell believes in the institutions of the United States. 

Cocaine Mitch is also right that it's past time for the DOJ and FBI to offer an explanation.

And the "Garland and the judge wouldn't have signed 0ff on it if it wasn't justified " argument isn't going to cut it.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:41 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He ain't wrong.  

If it’s an ongoing investigation going Comey before the ‘16 election isn’t the answer.  Besides, we’re no more polarized today than yesterday morning.  I’ll count on the collective gold fish attention span to cool the waters.   

Now, if there are DOJ charges related to this search that’s different.  Not sure I want to predict what happens then.  But, if charges come forth then we’ll get that explanation w/details.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:15 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are crazy.  The FBI is part of the Executive branch.  If conducting a raid on the former leader of the Executive, with the HUGE ramifications, the POTUS sure as hell better have signed off on it.  If not, the GOP really is correct, they should all be fired.  The FBI does not need presidential approval or a green light, and the POTUS can't disrupt one of their investigations, but come on.  We are talking about raiding the home of the former leader of the free world.  

There needs to be an excessively high bar of evidence and POTUS needs to be informed of said action. For political reasons POTUS should not have the power of veto. But, he does have the right to put the AG's feet to the fire.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/9/2022 at 5:50 PM, renoskier said:

they will...they still think Trump won too :shrug:

I this instance where trump being a former president, I think it might be wise for the FBI / DOJ to explain the reasons before too much time passes........this is an instance that this country has never seen before. Don't sit on this for a week+ and let the speculation fly. 

If they at least go public with the reasons, then that might tamp down a small % of angst -- But there is no amount of evidence, proof & reality that will be accepted by the lunatic fringe cult - In their eyes trump is infallible and on a Jesus level.

So going public sooner will calm some, but let's get real and admit there's no amount of anything that will change the cult from their conspiracies & idiotic speculations -- The early goal should be getting out enough information that some of the saner republicans stand with the "Rule of Law" and let the process play out.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, grandjean87 said:

If it’s an ongoing investigation going Comey before the ‘16 election isn’t the answer.  Besides, we’re no more polarized today than yesterday morning.  I’ll count on the collective gold fish attention span to cool the waters.   

Now, if there are DOJ charges related to this search that’s different.  Not sure I want to predict what happens then.  But, if charges come forth then we’ll get that explanation w/details.

I'm just saying unprecedented and historical actions change the calculus of what is a procedural norm.   We are in uncharted waters.  The onus needs to be to provide the public with information.  As much as possible and I do not believe that is happening.