Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Orange Clown's Mar-a-lago VISITED by FBI !!!!!!!

On 8/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, sactowndog said:

Curious why you think so…..

Just to get a warrant will have taken a mountain of evidence and I doubt Garland signs off on this unless he is certain he can convict.   This action had to have a very high bar.  They don’t take this path as a shot in the dark.  

You and I basically said the same thing. That high bar would be that there is something absolutely bananas that the FBI believes is in the resort there. But up til now, none of these FBI raids or investigations have lead to info that we didn't already mostly know. And as of now, while I think Trump is a criminal, I have not seen or heard anything that suggests to me that prosecuting him is a good idea. Which means, unless there is something we don't know, like, at all, then a lot of people are going to view this as a politically motivated act. Whether we like it or not. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

This is great to see. I doubt he’d leave anything that would incriminate himself, but you never know. 

I think they got him on fake electors, maybe taking documents. Having Trump prosecuted only helps the GOP, though. The bad guy becomes the gov and Biden. If Trump would be allowed to run, other GOP candidates would have to take him down in ads, stump speeches and interviews. The internal GOP fighting with Trump in a primary would certainly upset Trump supporters from 

kat.jpg

On 8/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, UNLV2001 said:

If this is the case, the smart thing to do would be a DOJ press conference or report at some point that basically states as much, and then not prosecute. IMO.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:05 PM, smltwnrckr said:

If this is the case, the smart thing to do would be a DOJ press conference or report at some point that basically states as much, and then not prosecute. IMO.

Not prosecute?  For intentionally lying and/or refusing to hand over classified info even when given a prior opportunity?  Why did he have it?  Blackmail to leak it to wikileaks or Putin?

Posted Image

On 8/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Admit we are entering new territory here..............but then Never has there been a president so incompetent, corrupt, lying & traitorous -- So will there be RULE OF LAW or not 

I'm fine with it - the cult could go ballistic but it is what it is...........if the clown goes away unscathed the door is open for the next treasonous person to finish off the job trump failed 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Yea, there is either something completely nuts that Trump did after he was no longer president, or this is one of the dumbest things the FBI has ever done. 

Just like one of these police shootings, we have to wait and see what the story is.  It may very well have been justified.  Let's hope it is, because otherwise it's dangerous.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:51 PM, ripple effect said:

No harm no foul, right?  Only a blind, ignorant fool doesn’t believe that the Twice Impeached Orang Shitstain didn’t violate any number of laws that are actionable by law enforcement.  The chickens are coming home to roost. There was no way, no how the egomaniac could ever hope to keep a lid on all of this. And you know what? I’d be saying the exact same thing (investigation is warranted) if this stuff has been perpetrated by a democrat.  The law is the law and the Eternal hypocrite finds himself under some serious heat right now due to no one else’s fault but his own…

You are too ignorant to see a sitting president going after his logical political foe.   This is real 3rd world shit.

But be happy!

On 8/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, Nevada Convert said:

This is great to see. I doubt he’d leave anything that would incriminate himself, but you never know. 

I think they got him on fake electors, maybe taking documents. Having Trump prosecuted only helps the GOP, though. The bad guy becomes the gov and Biden. If Trump would be allowed to run, other GOP candidates would have to take him down in ads, stump speeches and interviews. The internal GOP fighting with Trump in a primary would certainly upset Trump supporters from 

I disagree.  If the FBI comes up with a big nothingburger after this, then Trump will win the nomination almost unopposed.  Which sucks.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:12 PM, Jackrabbit said:

You are too ignorant to see a sitting president going after his logical political foe.   This is real 3rd world shit.

But be happy!

So every future criminal president should get a pass on whatever they do ??

Look What GIF by AsmodeeGames

On 8/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Did he do it as president ?? 

Sorry, he was vice president then.

I'm just messing with you.  If they've got the goods and it's serious, I have no problem with the FBI doing their job.  But they better have the goods.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, CPslograd said:

Sorry, he was vice president then.

I'm just messing with you.  If they've got the goods and it's serious, I have no problem with the FBI doing their job.  But they better have the goods.

Agree with that sentiment - If this ends up being nothing it will be a bad look. 

But this went thru an investigation, then to a federal judge and then signed off by trump appointee at the FBI - So there had best be something to this 

My guess it's not connected the Jan 6 insurrection but to trump taking classified documents from the WH to his private residence & the potential for compromise that raises -- It's 99% probable that trump would see classified info to foreign entities - He's mid 70's, probably not running ever again so he's out to get the most $$ he can grab