Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

For the first time in 246 years...

On 8/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, retrofade said:

This a pretty monumental promotion. While it’s common place for Black, Latino, Asian, or Native Americans to reach the ranks of Sergeant Major or Master Gunnery Sergeant (both are E-9’s), it is very uncommon for them to reach the pinnacle of the General Officer ranks. It has a lot to do with the way officer MOS assignments are given out when they enter service, and this may piss some people off in here, but there is a culture of bias in the senior officer ranks. 

Up until now the majority of 4 Star Generals in the Marine Corps come from the infantry. A few pilots have made it, but this guy is not only the first Black 4 Star, he’s the first Artillery officer 4 Star.  It’s a much easier path for infantry officers than it is for any other MOS. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

For the record, my "minority friends" referenced there are guys that I went to high school with that I still keep in contact with and that's how I learned about Four Star General Langley. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:30 PM, retrofade said:

For the record, my "minority friends" referenced there are guys that I went to high school with that I still keep in contact with and that's how I learned about Four Star General Langley. 

Of course, the most vocal commentator is the one who didn't sign up to serve, but loves to talk a big game

On 8/7/2022 at 6:17 PM, retrofade said:

You're just disappointed that you didn't get to call me a racist first. 

Don't stoop that low, I haven't flung that term around and you know it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 8/7/2022 at 10:30 PM, retrofade said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

gotta love that "a Marine got 4 stars? lol the number of 4 star generals in the Army has skyrocketed so who cares" post

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:04 AM, happycamper said:

gotta love that "a Marine got 4 stars? lol the number of 4 star generals in the Army has skyrocketed so who cares" post

Wasn't it our old buddy @LuDog70 ?

:cheers:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/8/2022 at 6:04 AM, happycamper said:

and it's also completely erroneous...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_(United_States)#:~:text=The total number of active,and 162 for the Navy.

The United States Code explicitly limits the total number of general officers (termed flag officers in the Navy and Coast Guard) that may be on active duty at any given time. The total number of active duty general officers is capped at 231 for the Army, 62 for the Marine Corps, 198 for the Air Force, and 162 for the Navy.[1] No more than about 25% of a service's active duty general or flag officers may have more than two stars,[2] and statute sets the total number of four-star officers allowed in each service.[2] This is set at 7 Army generals, 2 Marine generals, 8 Air Force generals, 2 Space Force generals, 6 Navy admirals, and 2 Coast Guard admirals