Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonzagafan2021

Indiana total abortion ban in the works

On 8/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, smltwnrckr said:

All those coastal elites, you know, being condescending or whatever. 

They’re trying to change the world out there in California! They’re gonna fall into the ocean!

On 8/6/2022 at 2:53 PM, Rocket said:

They’re trying to change the world out there in California! They’re gonna fall into the ocean!

I know, right? Us lunatics believing women are autonomous beings and all. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I know, right? Us lunatics believing women are autonomous beings and all. 

Women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, that’s a woman’s place!

On 8/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, SAMO said:

gonna see a lot more of that too

tech firms in austin, for example, are struggling to find employees in light of this...lol

one of the unintended consequences of this whole gig is going to be a brain drain out of "red" states and into places like NYC...California...Seattle...Boston...etc. all the "red state boomtowns" (e.g., austin...nashville...et al...lol) are about to face a reckoning of sorts in terms of trying to find talent to meet their growth ambitions...lol

the gap between the haves and the havenots will continue to grow...lol and the hillbillies will continue to shout angrily in their trailers about gay people riding bicycles naked on the lower east side...lol

I think you and I discussed this at Jackson Hole. You’re as wise as you are large. 

On 8/6/2022 at 6:36 AM, CV147 said:

It's an awful decision to murder someone, but I also think it should be illegal.

Government should be in the business of protecting the public's rights, particularly their rights to life, liberty and property. 

The left's war against definitions will not prevail against the truth that a fetus/baby is a human deserving the same protection.

So a mother and doctor who plan an abortion are guilty of premeditated murder.  Thus they should be given the death penalty.  merica

On 8/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, Rocket said:

It’s just not big brother’s business what a woman does with her body. Period. End of story. No and but’s or if’s. If big gov wants to take someone’s rights away we should stand together against authoritarian behavior.

We're trying but many mainstream RW groups keep rallying around the most extreme figures and allowing Confederate/Nazi symbols and rheroric into their club.

I guess they fear if the Politicians and Leadership  told them to go home. They and their rhetoric weren't welcome, the GOP wouldn't stand a chance of winning an election.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/6/2022 at 7:17 AM, CV147 said:

Zealots never know when to stop. Then they are SHOCKED when the push-back from moderates begins.

I would wager that some 90 percent of all people don't want a total ban on abortion. You have to make room for the health of the mother. There is no reason why a child should have to give birth to a rapist's baby when it would kill the child-mother in the process. It's sick.

At the same time, abortion is not birth control. You can't be killing babies in the third trimester because you change your mind. That's also sick.

We have history as proof that, even when illegal, abortions happen. But those back alley abortions can be lethal to the woman.

So, have it legal, with real professionals, is a clean and proper environment, is far better.

And for someone whom claims to be a full on Libertarian, and fully against government intervention, CV being so against it is surprising.

On 8/6/2022 at 1:47 PM, son of a gun said:

We have history as proof that, even when illegal, abortions happen. But those back alley abortions can be lethal to the woman.

So, have it legal, with real professionals, is a clean and proper environment, is far better.

And for someone whom claims to be a full on Libertarian, and fully against government intervention, CV being so against it is surprising.

So prohibition laws don't work?   you don't say

On 8/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Signed, us second amendment supporters.  😉

It's getting harder and harder to go to bat for both. Not because of us. But because of all of them.

I admire your commitment to it.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, smltwnrckr said:

It's getting harder and harder to go to bat for both. Not because of us. But because of all of them.

I admire your commitment to it.

It does tend to make one jaded.  The Libertarian party being invaded by incels and the radical right was tough to see as we have talked about before.  I am not a woman, a marginalized person based on race, sex or identity so can not speak for them.  But my preferred world is one where Americans are treated as equally as possible. Pie in the sky I guess.  

The number of people who believe a woman needs to have access to health care as well as self defense is too small.  A woman should be able to decide if and when she needs to terminate a pregnancy based on myriad factors.  They also need to be able to purchase the gun they feel best suits them for self defense quickly and efficiently after receiving a message from a stalker that makes them fearful.  Just two examples.  

On 8/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It does tend to make one jaded.  The Libertarian party being invaded by incels and the radical right was tough to see as we have talked about before.  I am not a woman, a marginalized person based on race, sex or identity so can not speak for them.  But my preferred world is one where Americans are treated as equally as possible. Pie in the sky I guess.  

The number of people who believe a woman needs to have access to health care as well as self defense is too small.  A woman should be able to decide if and when she needs to terminate a pregnancy based on myriad factors.  They also need to be able to purchase the gun they feel best suits them for self defense quickly and efficiently after receiving a message from a stalker that makes them fearful.  Just two examples.  

@smltwnrckr I edited this post right as you reacted.  The post now is different from the one you reacted to, if you want to retract your reaction or make a counter point that is fine.  Don't want to seem like I am pulling a bait and switch.  

On 8/6/2022 at 5:36 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@smltwnrckr I edited this post right as you reacted.  The post now is different from the one you reacted to, if you want to retract your reaction or make a counter point that is fine.  Don't want to seem like I am pulling a bait and switch.  

Naw. I'm on board. I am fine with a world where all individual and civil rights are secure and expanding. I hate a world where we're apparently supposed to pick and choose.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:55 PM, Rocket said:

Women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, that’s a woman’s place!

MOAR subservient women !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Naw. I'm on board. I am fine with a world where all individual and civil rights are secure and expanding. I hate a world where we're apparently supposed to pick and choose.

I shared my personal story about how I came to the belief of aborting a pregnancy.  Now I will share two about my belief in a timely right to self defense (even if Maynards sock uses it to self own and mock in the future).  

Long before I was born my mom had a good friend, Lisa Alphin, who was abducted, raped and murdered at the Edna creek campground above Idaho city in the late 70's.  It was a national story at the time.  She had been receiving letters and phone calls about what this man was going to do to her.  He followed through.  She believed she was going to be murdered.  The police said they could do nothing.  She was not legally able to buy a gun, she attempted to buy one illegally but could not afford the mark up. She was young.  Another story, a somewhat older lady (early 60's) I went to rehab with.  She would share every group about how terrified she was going to be killed by her ex (I can not share her name, legally).  He beat the crap out of her for decades before she left him.  She was denied the legal right to self defense due to a non violent drug charge.  She, again, could not afford to buy a gun illegally, although she was saving up to do so but was living nickle to nickle and an illegal firearm purchase has large black market rate.  Was murdered 4 months after I left.  Just like she said she would be. 

Should a minority woman be told there is no reason to own a semi-automatic weapon when she tells a gang trying to recruit her son or daughter to go to hell, and fears a multi person invasion of her property in retaliation?  I don't think.  I think a semi automatic weapon falls right into constitutional lines of the right to self defense.