Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mano

Who is a Presidential candidate that could unite the country in 2024?

I was thinking about this, and not many names were jumping out at me. Can't be tainted by Trump or too far left for the GOP to work with.

The one that came to my mind was maybe Condoleezza Rice? Seems like a sane Republican, intelligent and competent and the left would have a hard time hating a black woman President.

Any other ideas?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

In all honesty, Liz Cheney. The left loves her because she has a moral compass. The right will love her policies.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 8/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, SharkTanked said:

Shocking. The majority want to get rid of something that disregards the vote of the majority.

Between the electoral college for presidential elections and the US Senate, the USA is essentially a minority rule government 

Who's ever done it in the past, without some sort of larger external threat or trauma?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.