Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Remodel

Looks nice but I don't understand premium spaces in a basketball arena.  The game from start to finish is a couple of hours. To each his own I guess.  There are rumblings about a Viejas update. They should just leave it alone IMO.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, SDSUfan said:

Looks nice but I don't understand premium spaces in a basketball arena.  The game from start to finish is a couple of hours. To each his own I guess.  There are rumblings about a Viejas update. They should just leave it alone IMO.

Something, something, something about having to share space with commoners.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, smithy said:

I would laugh if Boise gets called up to P5 and would have to change both football turf and this remodel to normal and have to pay the redo as a rule to join. 

I can understand with being told to change out the blue carpet for a football invite, but why the basketball arena? All they'd have to do there is change out the conference logo with their new conference one. I think their arena is sharp looking.

If Albuquerque ever starts to be proactive and forward thinking, sports and events wise (NCAA Regional, concerts, conventions), I'd hope they would build a downtown multipurpose arena that modeled after the BSU building. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 8/4/2022 at 11:45 PM, SDSUfan said:

$$$$

the seats cost more and they charge out the ass for everything.

8-9 dollar beer...10 dollar burgers...stuff like that

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 8/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, smithy said:

I would laugh if Boise gets called up to P5 and would have to change both football turf and this remodel to normal and have to pay the redo as a rule to join. 

Good on ya.   I would laugh too.   All the way out of G5 land.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, UofMTigers said:

$$$$

This.  Those willing to pay extra can afford it and like feeling pampered.  Waitresses, gold toilets, etc

On 8/5/2022 at 11:36 AM, UofMTigers said:

$$$$

Beer at viejas is $16. I get the business model. I don't understand the mindset. If you watch any NBA, the rich and famous prefer court side.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, SDSUfan said:

Beer at viejas is $16. I get the business model. I don't understand the mindset. If you watch any NBA, the rich and famous prefer court side.

Went to a Padre game 2 years ago.  $23 for a Sculpin