Jump to content
Akkula

anti-Choicers getting crushed in Kansas

Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2022 at 12:53 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

That’s not what I said at all, genius. I was all for voting on this stuff.

I still haven’t seen a poll yet where abortion is even in the mid tier of ranked voter issues for 2022. Maybe there is, but I’ve seen plenty.

  • OG R-Tard 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:56 PM, SAMO said:

they all look alike to me...lol

I mean, it's debatable just how different the ABORTION-IS-EVIL-IT-SHOULD-BE-BANNED take is from the IT'S-TOTALLY-SWEET-THAT-WOMEN-HAVE-TO-CONSTANTLY-PROTECT-THEIR-RIGHT-TO-BODILY-AUTONOMY-FROM-PEOPLE-WHO-THINK-IT-IS-EVIL-AND-SHOULD-BE-BANNED take. But it's worth pointing out the difference, no matter if it's a difference in degree or in kind. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:59 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I mean, it's debatable just how different the ABORTION-IS-EVIL-IT-SHOULD-BE-BANNED take is from the IT'S-TOTALLY-SWEET-THAT-WOMEN-HAVE-TO-CONSTANTLY-PROTECT-THEIR-RIGHT-TO-BODILY-AUTONOMY-FROM-PEOPLE-WHO-THINK-IT-IS-EVIL-AND-SHOULD-BE-BANNED take. But it's worth pointing out the difference, no matter if it's a difference in degree or in kind. 

thats fair...lol

i could swear he told me in the roe megathread tho that this wouldn't matter in upcoming elections (i.e., the midterms)...lol

i could be wrong tho...ive been skiing a lot lately and like i said (and you point out) theres a fine line between the right wing culture warriors takes here...lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I still haven’t seen a poll yet where abortion is even in the mid tier of ranked voter issues for 2022. Maybe there is, but I’ve seen plenty.

lots of polls had the KS issue passing strongly too..lol

or are you one of those "polls only matter when they suit my narrative" types...lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I still haven’t seen a poll yet where abortion is even in the mid tier of ranked voter issues for 2022. Maybe there is, but I’ve seen plenty.

Someone posted a poll yesterday that had it as the #1 issue for women under 50. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:01 PM, SAMO said:

i could swear he told me in the roe megathread tho that this wouldn't matter in upcoming elections (i.e., the midterms)...lol

He replied to hmhb in the Mississippi abortion thread with this:

  On 12/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well I was wrong that the Mississippi law had little chance.  Maybe I am wrong again.  Can't see the GOP winning any close swing states.

If it’s not a national issue it won’t matter. People will fight it out within their own states. Nobody wants to campaign on the current mainstream Democratic party’s idea of abortion. Which is why they’ve depended upon a god awful judicial ruling and it’s spawn for 50 years. It doesn’t win elections.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, azgreg said:

He replied to hmhb in the Mississippi abortion thread with this:

  On 12/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well I was wrong that the Mississippi law had little chance.  Maybe I am wrong again.  Can't see the GOP winning any close swing states.

If it’s not a national issue it won’t matter. People will fight it out within their own states. Nobody wants to campaign on the current mainstream Democratic party’s idea of abortion. Which is why they’ve depended upon a god awful judicial ruling and it’s spawn for 50 years. It doesn’t win elections.

...lol

nice catch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, SAMO said:

lots of polls had the KS issue passing strongly too..lol

or are you one of those "polls only matter when they suit my narrative" types...lol

When you say RvW having an effect on elections, the obvious implication is that you’re referring to the affect it has on how people vote for for Congress and President.....and maybe Governor to some extent. If it’s an abortion specific measure on abortion, well no kidding it has an affect. LOL. Abortion isn’t the big issue it used to be. It’s not even a top issue for Dems. No one cares nearly as much about it as they used to.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:03 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Someone posted a poll yesterday that had it as the #1 issue for women under 50. 

Just saw a Quin poll. With Dems the issue is 14%. With GOP and Indy’s, they didn’t even list it it was so low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 2:13 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Just saw a Quin poll. With Dems the issue is 14%. With GOP and Indy’s, they didn’t even list it it was so low. 

I saw that same poll, too, but that was for being issue #1 and it ranked as the 2nd highest issue.  A better gauge is how the issue will affect voters. 

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/poll-finding/kff-health-tracking-poll-july-2022/

  • In the wake of the Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Center to overturn Roe, abortion access has become salient among key voting groups, including the population most impacted by abortion restrictions – women between the ages of 18 and 49. Among this population, there has been a fourteen percentage point increase in the share who say abortion will be “very important” to their 2022 midterm vote (59% in February to 73% in July). In addition, six in ten women voters between 18 and 49 now say they are “more motivated” to vote because of the Supreme Court’s decision (up 19 percentage points from May when the question was asked about a scenario in which Roe was overturned based on a leaked draft opinion). The vast majority (88%) of the more motivated group of women voters between 18 and 49 say they plan on voting for candidates who will protect access to abortions.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, azgreg said:

He replied to hmhb in the Mississippi abortion thread with this:

  On 12/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well I was wrong that the Mississippi law had little chance.  Maybe I am wrong again.  Can't see the GOP winning any close swing states.

If it’s not a national issue it won’t matter. People will fight it out within their own states. Nobody wants to campaign on the current mainstream Democratic party’s idea of abortion. Which is why they’ve depended upon a god awful judicial ruling and it’s spawn for 50 years. It doesn’t win elections.

Exactly. Abortion abolitionists will have a bad time in most places. Abortion at any time politicians are going to have a bad time in most places. For half a century, American law has not squared with what broad American sentiment is on the issue. Let’s vote on it. The extremes that have driven the debate are going to lose over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...