Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

anti-Choicers getting crushed in Kansas

On 8/3/2022 at 5:08 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You get a big boner mis-charachterizing my politics, I know. Weird. 

Yeah, ok, sure...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, Nevada Convert said:

When are your nouns finally going to go professional? 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:03 PM, Nevada Convert said:

WTF is that about?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:18 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Look at your avatar. It says “noun”.  You talk a big game about how great pronouns are, but when the rubber hits the road, you don’t back it up. So when are you going to stop being such an amateur lefty and let your nouns go pro? That is the question. 

kat.jpg

On 8/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Look at your avatar. It says “noun”.  You talk a big game about how great pronouns are, but when the rubber hits the road, you don’t back it up. So when are you going to stop being such an amateur and let your nouns go pro? That is the question. 

LOL... when have I ever talked a big game about how great pronouns are?

Again, using your own words... "WTF is that about?"

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:29 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Yesterday, it wasn't just the pure anti-abortion activists who had a bad time. It was people who think abortion is not a right who had a bad time. The only reason that Kansas' legislature is not implementing a total or almost total abortion ban right now is because the court recognized a right. And it's a right the people, when given a choice, didn't want stripped away. This was not a victory for those who claim people should get to vote. It was a warning that people don't like rights being taken away from them, their daughters, their sisters or their wives.

The great proliferation of the "abortion at any time" politician is quite the myth. Even the bluest states like California do not give abortion at any time without restrictions, just cuz. That is a boogeyman that has been largely created by the right. Whereas, the anti-abortion extremists have shown us in just the last few months that they are more than willing to enact restrictive regimes that are pretty much right on point with the theocratic horror stories that a lot of people brushed off until now. 

For half a century American Law has squared with broad American sentiment. Roe based the point at which the state has an interest to intervene on the trimester framework, allowing the state to regulate more as the pregnancy went on. Casey re-set that with the viability framework. Broad American sentiment is almost impossible to ascertain on abortion because it gets real complicated, real fast depending on the situation, the questions asked and how one asks them. But one thing has been consistent and remains true - people overwhelmingly approve of a woman's right to have a say about what happens to her body early in pregnancy, and that sentiment slowly erodes the later the pregnancy goes. And Roe/Casey squared a woman's rights over her own body with the political reality that people believe the state can intervene at a certain point. Which is what people want. Well, except for people who want the state to have control over women's bodies. 

Does California have it correct in your view? Does a woman lose bodily autonomy at 24 weeks unless diagnosed by a doctor?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:46 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Rock Chalk!!!!!

Wow. I'm shocked it wasn't even close. Women must be pissed about being told they're not people.

Key point here... this vote was to keep a right to choice a CONSTITUTIONAL right. People don't want legislatures deciding what happens in their bodies.

Today is a good day for America.   Americans in Kansas.

fify

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, UNLV2001 said:

The problem is, they will still vote R in the General cause of their fear of Dems.

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 1:56 AM, Nevada Convert said:

WTF do you know about Kansas? What happens in Metro KC ain’t Kansas. If you drive around rural Kansas, all you see is pro-life plea’s on signs from some Farmers. You never see anything that’s anything but conservative. 

In the small cities that scatter rural Kansas such as Salina, Hays, Great Bend, Dodge City, Garden City, Hutchinson, Colby, etc., they will remain staunchly pro-life and will never change. Huge numbers of staunch German Catholics. 

However, Wichita has become more and more mainstream and is probably a big part of this as Topeka certainly would, and Manhattan, of course. There’s enough population there and in KC to make the rest of the very conservative state powerless. 

You are correct. Far more Counties voted yes than no. However, far more people voted no.

I know it's difficult for you to look at an Election map and not understand why so many Counties voted yes, yet it still passed.

Must be fraud. or it was rigged.

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 1:11 PM, Nevada Convert said:

When you say RvW having an effect on elections, the obvious implication is that you’re referring to the affect it has on how people vote for for Congress and President.....and maybe Governor to some extent. If it’s an abortion specific measure on abortion, well no kidding it has an affect. LOL. Abortion isn’t the big issue it used to be. It’s not even a top issue for Dems. No one cares nearly as much about it as they used to.

Didn't you read the above post stating that a recent poll shows Abortion Rights are a huuuuge issue for women under 50 ?

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

No swing state dems were saved yesterday. The issue, not the politician or party, was up for a vote. Abortion abolition failed in Kansas. Republicans in Kansas voted against it. They voted at a very high level for a primary.

If the state party is stupid, and I’m not saying they aren’t, they’ll carry on with this line. If not this measure will not be what they campaign on.

And pro abortion rights voters will vote against anti abortion politicians.

Unless they are stoooopid

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, smltwnrckr said:

How is one "actually" a right while the other is not?

Cause the right to an Abortion is not in the Bill of Rights.

:shrug:

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 8:13 PM, GoDogs22 said:

Sucks to suck Republicans. Almost like they know their policy positions aren't popular, which is why they need the courts to pass them for them.

Or highly gerrymandered Legislatures.

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 8:42 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Does California have it correct in your view? Does a woman lose bodily autonomy at 24 weeks unless diagnosed by a doctor?

The Right would have a fit if Cali became the model for anything. Even if it were the correct model.

Americans Mayor

On 8/3/2022 at 10:37 PM, Spaztecs said:

You are correct. Far more Counties voted yes than no. However, far more people voted no.

I know it's difficult for you to look at an Election map and not understand why so many Counties voted yes, yet it still passed.

Must be fraud. or it was rigged.

You’re like the biggest beggar in this boards history. You just get on your knees and just beg to be able to stick words and other things into peoples mouths. Look at that last line.

Translation:

“Convert, I know you didn’t say or imply that the elections in KS are fraudulent or rigged, nor that you don’t understand that elections are based on voters, not land square mileage. But it would be super swell if you’d let me shove these words into your mouth, nothing else, so I can get my grand jollies out of it. I have to to keep my snappy GQP narrative going, and it’s super important to me. My Porta Potty clean & detailing business has been slow lately, and this would really cheer me up. Pretty please, Convert?”

Sorry dude, can’t do that for you. No freebies. You have to earn your GQP narrative. 

kat.jpg