Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

OT: Soto A Padre

On 8/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, jdgaucho said:

To be a rivalry, the other side has to win once in a while.  

What could have been for Manny.  What could have been...

manny-machado.jpg.ebcde23d3a63d42586ae858b3e36ef11.jpg

I was ok with Manny moving along.

I think we will miss Seager in October.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:03 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I read tonight that because of his injuries Tatis has been available for exactly half (276 out of 552) of the game the Pads have played since he made the major league roster. And everyone other than him knows that he needs shoulder surgery. 

I know he's recovering from a broken wrist, but he has a shoulder issue too?  He may as well get whatever surgery he needs now since he won't be playing until late May 2023.  His suspension extends that far.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:07 AM, aztech said:

I know he's recovering from a broken wrist, but he has a shoulder issue too?  He may as well get whatever surgery he needs now since he won't be playing until late May 2023.  His suspension extends that far.

Last season he went on the injured list several times as a result of his shoulder popping out of its socket. It happened several times when he was diving for balls or sliding headfirst and once from just swinging a bat. It needs surgery (which he won’t acknowledge) or it will keep happening. That means missing the better part of another season. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 8/12/2022 at 6:31 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Treating ringworm is a new one. Not sure it makes the PED excuse Rushmore but it’s a good one.

Strike 4 and you're out.

Strike 1 - The Padres owners and AJ Preller were aware of Tatis Jr having shoulder issues and took a chance. He then goes out in a meaningless spring training game and slides headfirst into home aggravating the shoulder.

Strike 2 - Tatis Jr gets into it with teammates in the dugout after being accused of being a me guy.

Strike 3 - After missing many games due to the shoulder issues, Tatis Jr goes to the Dominican Republic and gets into a motorcycle accident and breaks his wrist which required surgery and leads to more games missed. Not sure if it's in his contract to not be on a motorcycle, but most MiLB and MLB players have some rules of what you can and cannot do. 

Edit - Tatis Jr violated team rules by riding his motorcycle. 

Strike 4 - While trying to come back from the wrist injury, Tatis Jr gets caught taking PEDs and blames it on ringworm medication. 

If the Padres organization is able to can him without paying the rest of the $340 million contract due to acts detrimental to the team/organization, adios. If not, see ya in a long drawn out court battle.