Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

OT: Soto A Padre

On 8/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, Wyobraska said:

They'll be better in the post season without Kershaw's pitching 

I feel like Kershaw exercised his demons in 2020. He’s older now. He knows disaster isn’t the end of the world. He’ll give us a Grover Cleveland Alexander moment before he’s through.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:21 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nobody is coming close to the dodgers this year. All they can hope for is to get into the wild card game, get the lead, and have Hader close the show. Then it’s just a matter of time for the Dodgers to implode in October.

Three game wild card series this year. Should be interesting.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:58 PM, toonkee said:

Three game wild card series this year. Should be interesting.

The playoffs are always a crap shoot. Whichever team gets hot at the right time can win, ie the Giants who won it three times as a wild card. It helps to have at least two dominant pitchers also and most teams are lucky to have even one. The Dodgers really have none that I would classify as dominant this year. The Padres have Musgrove who has been consistently tough. 

On 8/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, soupslam1 said:

The playoffs are always a crap shoot. Whichever team gets hot at the right time can win, ie the Giants who won it three times as a wild card. It helps to have at least two dominant pitchers also and most teams are lucky to have even one. The Dodgers really have none that I would classify as dominant this year. The Padres have Musgrove who has been consistently tough. 

Screenshot_20220807-131231.png

Screenshot_20220807-131409.png

Screenshot_20220807-131231.png

On 8/2/2022 at 4:44 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

The Padres might get there but sadly, I don't think there is a team that can beat the damn Yankees this season.

Feels like everyone is beating the Yankees right now.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:38 PM, MrBug708 said:

Feels like everyone is beating the Yankees right now.

Cardinals sweep the Yankees for the first time in franchise history. Ever since the Yankees traded away Joey Gallo to the Dodgers they are 0-4 while the Dodgers are 4-0. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

These ESPN announcers can't keep their mouths shut longer than 2 seconds. Part of the joys of baseball is to listen to the crowd and the cracks of the bat, but these guys are talking over everything. 

On 8/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, soupslam1 said:

Gonsolin is 13-1 and Anderson is 12-1. During tonight’s game they said it’s the first time a team has had two 12-1 pitchers since 1884. Seems pretty dominant to me. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 8/7/2022 at 5:59 PM, ridgeview2 said:

These ESPN announcers can't keep their mouths shut longer than 2 seconds. Part of the joys of baseball is to listen to the crowd and the cracks of the bat, but these guys are talking over everything. 

Then we had to endure that awkward segment with Seidler.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:02 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Gonsolin is 13-1 and Anderson is 12-1. During tonight’s game they said it’s the first time a team has had two 12-1 pitchers since 1884. Seems pretty dominant to me. 

Anderson looking like 13-1 rn. Dodgers up 3-0 in the 7th.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:22 PM, toonkee said:

Then we had to endure that awkward segment with Seidler.

That interview went on forever, I just muted my TV until it went to commercial. 

On 8/7/2022 at 6:26 PM, ridgeview2 said:

That interview went on forever, I just muted my TV until it went to commercial. 

He mainly talked about his relationship with the Dodgers (i.e., O’Malley family) and Vin Scully. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Dodgers sweep the Padres! :Clapping: LA has won 17 of their last 19 games against SD. What rivalry? #WinForVin

Broom Broom GIF

Machado, Soto, Tatis...all immensely talented but are busy spending energy on silliness. Those guys aren't leaders. Soto staring down Kimbrel after a 3-2 walk down 4 runs, 2 outs in the ninth. Silliness. 2-17 against the Dodgers. Swept and like 15 games back. 

On 8/7/2022 at 8:05 PM, toonkee said:

Machado, Soto, Tatis...all immensely talented but are busy spending energy on silliness. Those guys aren't leaders. Soto staring down Kimbrel after a 3-2 walk down 4 runs, 2 outs in the ninth. Silliness. 2-17 against the Dodgers. Swept and like 15 games back. 

Never cared for Machado when he was with the Dodgers. It seemed like all his hits and home runs came with no one on base. He wasn’t much of a clutch hitter with the game on the line. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, soupslam1 said:

Never cared for Machado when he was with the Dodgers. It seemed like all his hits and home runs came with no one on base. He wasn’t much of a clutch hitter with the game on the line. 

Dodgers don't get to the World Series in '18 without Machado's bunt single in game 7 of the LCS.  IIRC, he scored the series winning run

On 8/7/2022 at 9:17 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Padres 💩 

592B22D5-6FDE-4AF4-93CD-C3E12FF4BA61.jpeg

Machado looked like a clown out there. When the ball tipped off his glove in game 2 on Saturday he showed zero hustle to the ball which allowed Betts to get to third. Lol