Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

OT: Soto A Padre

On 8/2/2022 at 5:38 PM, soupslam1 said:

Helluva trade for the Padres. Machado, Tatis, and Soto in the middle of the lineup is a pitchers nightmare. Still pitching is the name of the game and the Pads need help there. 

Looking forward to that lineup. The starting pitching for The Padres has been pretty darn good. It was the BP that was having problems. The Friars are getting a couple of guys back from injuries. And with the addition of Hader, look out!! 

Go Padres!! 

On 8/2/2022 at 4:44 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

The Padres might get there but sadly, I don't think there is a team that can beat the damn Yankees this season.

In 84 we ended up playing the Detroit Tigers who started off the year 35-5.  Got killed 4-1 in the series

In 98 it was the Yankees who had won 114 games that year. They swept us.

Padres WS record- 1-8

In 53 seasons

It's hard being a SD sports fan.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, AztecAlien said:

Looking forward to that lineup. The starting pitching for The Padres has been pretty darn good. It was the BP that was having problems. The Friars are getting a couple of guys back from injuries. And with the addition of Hader, look out!! 

Go Padres!! 

Somehow ended up with Brandon Drury too.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, jdgaucho said:

Another October HR robbery by Cody Bellinger looming? :ph34r:

Maybe but the Padres have Juan too many power hitters for the Blue Poo now.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

In 84 we ended up playing the Detroit Tigers who started off the year 35-5.  Got killed 4-1 in the series

In 98 it was the Yankees who had won 114 games that year. They swept us.

Padres WS record- 1-8

In 53 seasons

It's hard being a SD sports fan.

Save for the Twins winning it all in 87 and 91 it ain't much easier being a Minny sports fan.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:11 PM, SDSUfan said:

Maybe but the Padres have Juan too many power hitters for the Blue Poo now.

That's why we countered with El Gallo!  Obviously

On 8/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, soupslam1 said:

Helluva trade for the Padres. Machado, Tatis, and Soto in the middle of the lineup is a pitchers nightmare. Still pitching is the name of the game and the Pads need help there. 

I'm impressed they were able to keep Cronenworth.  I figured for sure he would be part of a trade.  Now the Pads have an all-star 2nd baseman hitting sixth!

On 8/2/2022 at 9:19 PM, jdgaucho said:

I'm impressed they were able to keep Cronenworth.  I figured for sure he would be part of a trade.  Now the Pads have an all-star 2nd baseman hitting sixth!

I have a daughter, who is single, I have already given her permission to marry Croney! 😂

On 8/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, jdgaucho said:

Another October HR robbery by Cody Bellinger looming? :ph34r:

I f'ing love Graterol, this exchange with Machado had me dying. Lol 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 8/2/2022 at 3:57 PM, Rosegreen said:

Giants never recovered from losing to the Dodgers in the playoffs. That was an all time type of series. 

As for the Padres if they don't win a WS, this trade is a bust and might set them back a decade. Gutsy move and I respect it because the Dodgers cannot loaf around or coast into the postseason. 

Giants punched way over its weight last year. Age undid the giants this year.  The dodgers and Yankees and even the padres are spending to win. The giants are so old they can’t go a series without someone getting hurt. 

Padres arent +++++ing around...lol

once Tatis gets back in the lineup....with him...soto...manny machado...cronenworth...josh bell...will myers...and grisham...you could put +++++ing Ray Charles on the mound and they'd still be making a deep run in the playoffs.

shits going to be wild this year...as a mets fan...the deadline blew...but im excited to see how the padres do going forward...hope they win the west...lol

Crazy that the Braves/Mets will likely face the Padres in a wild card matchup and only one of those teams gets a shot at the Dodgers.
Soto/Machado/Tatis is the second best threesome in baseball, but also second best trio in the NL West. They really need to sweep the Dodgers in this next series, to close some games and to make sure the narrative continues. Losers of 14/15 from the Dodgers is why they are in this mess.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, NevadaFan said:

Giants punched way over its weight last year. Age undid the giants this year.  The dodgers and Yankees and even the padres are spending to win. The giants are so old they can’t go a series without someone getting hurt. 

Last year was an anomaly.  This year proves it.  Kapler is exposed and is showing why the Phillies canned him.  To think we could have hired Bob Melvin when he left the A's pisses me off.  Soto will definitely help, but Melvin is the one who will eventually take the Pads to the WS.  If not this year, then likely next.

I can’t see the Padres catching the Dodgers in the regular season even with the reinforcements. I do think they’ll do well in the post-season. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Looks like the Dodgers and a Padres will be at each other’s throats in the next decade. The Giants stars are all retiring and they don’t have anyone to replace them.

The Dodgers need to resign Trea Turner now, give the dude Magic’s share of the Dodgers. 

On 8/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

This season is effectively over and it's time for the Giants to rid themselves of old guys on the downside of their career.

Crawford, Longoria, Belt, Yastrzemski, Pedersen, Rodon, Wood, etc. Trade them all for prospects.

"¿Yastrzemski..." was Triple Crown Carl finally thawed from his cryogenic state of rest?