Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

The Alex Jones Sandy Hook trial

On 8/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, Rocket said:

These guys like him and Rush Limbaugh and other talk show hosts know how to get their listeners angry about topics so they keep coming back, they play on their emotions with "hot" button topics. Scream and holler pretending to be angry.

It's performance radio art.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

I have a feeling that the jury will stick it to Jones so bigly with regard to punitive damages that the judge will be compelled to reduce the amount as outside the bounds of reasonableness.

The guy is such a despicable human being that he will hopefully become untouchable as a talk show host to 100% of legitimate businesses. Same for such other Trump acolytes as Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller, Sebastian Gorka and that slimy weasel with the Richard Nixon tat on his back.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I have a feeling that the jury will stick it to Jones so bigly with regard to punitive damages that the judge will be compelled to reduce the amount as outside the bounds of reasonableness.

The guy is such a despicable human being that he will hopefully become untouchable as a talk show host to 100% of legitimate businesses. Same for such other Trump acolytes as Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller, Sebastian Gorka and that slimy weasel with the Richard Nixon tat on his back.

Unfortunately, he will always have an audience and the good/bad part of the internet is that people can find an outlet.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

4 million.  More suits to come.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, Rocket said:

That boy has got talent. Who knew he had $150 million in the bank?

He doesn't lol.  He "only" owes 4 million for this case the Jury decided.  More incoming.  He will paying these families for the rest of his life.  

On 8/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He doesn't lol.  He "only" owes 4 million for this case the Jury decided.  More incoming.  He will paying these families for the rest of his life.  

There has to be a statute of limitations on this stuff so although I would hope every family sues Jones, have the rest sued and, if not, is it too late for them to do so?

On 8/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He already declared bankruptcy so I wonder how much they will actually get out of him.  

Glad they found him guilty, but $4M is a slap on the wrist. He was pulling in $800k a day at the height of this. I hope this is is the first of many rulings against him that will eventually leave him penniless. Taking a weeks worth of earnings is not going to teach him a lesson.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 8/4/2022 at 8:30 PM, Mano said:

Glad they found him guilty, but $4M is a slap on the wrist. He was pulling in $800k a day at the height of this. I hope this is is the first of many rulings against him that will eventually leave him penniless. Taking a weeks worth of earnings is not going to teach him a lesson.

There's still more rulings to come tomorrow, which should be a much larger dollar amount.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, Mano said:

They better hurry. This clown is one chili cheese dog away from a major heart attack. This guy looks ready to pop. 

On 8/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not what I heard besides he deserves it he finally went too far with his bs. It’s amazing to see this bully, snake oil salesman, con man get what he deserves. We very rarely get to see that, congrats to the families of the slain children who had to suffer because of this guy running his stupid mouth about bs.

Alex Jones has hired attorneys who appear to be equally as competent as those Donald Trump hires.

https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Alex-Jones-attorney-Norm-Pattis-asks-to-be-17215548.php

Norm Pattis was bad enough but this guy Reynal seems to be way beyond that. Almost gets into fisticuffs with his opposing counsel in the courtroom, makes a motion for summary judgment which has zero chance of success and then fails to understand this judge's admonition about telling potential witnesses that they are not to discuss their testimony out of court with anyone but him until the trial has concluded. Such an admonition should not even have been needed since it's common protocol for litigators (not sure how much courtroom experience Reynal actually has) to so inform their witnesses.