Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brew_Poke

Favorite MWC memory

When most fans conceding to the Aggies while down something like 18 points with less than 5 minutes left, RayJ Dennis with help from Justinian Jessup came back to beat USU in overtime.  Great game ending with about half of the crowd that gave up and went home early.

On 7/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, Spazdog said:

When most fans conceding to the Aggies while down something like 18 points with less than 5 minutes left, RayJ Dennis with help from Justinian Jessup came back to beat USU in overtime.  Great game ending with about half of the crowd that gave up and went home early.

Still have no idea how you folks pulled that out.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I was in the Thunderdome when UCSB beat UNLV at the buzzer in '07.  Hit 10 of 13 3's in the second half to come back from down double figures.

Papa Kruger scheduled two separate H&H's with us.  Props for it.

@TheSanDiegan, @Spaztecs, @East Coast Aztec @818SUDSFan while not technically MW-related, this was a gem from former Aztec men's soccer coach Lev Kirshner in 2006 before playing at UCSB in that year's NCAA Tourney.

https://thedailyaztec.com/18145/daily-aztec-stories/mens-soccer-the-other-football-team-seeks-revenge-in-ncaas/

“It’s a tough environment,” Kirshner said. “It’s a rowdy environment. You have to duck out of the way of flying tortillas?”

Flying tortillas?

“It’s no joke,” Kirshner said. “They threw tortillas at us last season.”

Despite the tortillas, Kirshner isn’t concerned about his players staying focused in a hostile atmosphere.

But just in case tortillas are launched onto the field, Kirshner has a plan.

“Bring cheese and a grill,” Kirshner said.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:03 PM, B_Lootz said:

Not many for UNLV football

image.png.1f7982372e0775b9d8bd9b67a9effa6c.png
image.jpeg.fa36372c2d9e370550adf915cd0943da.jpeg
image.jpeg.6f00d68df765bd985fe6c421700a3b21.jpegimage.jpeg.264882a1a2cd509cd9e7e3e4c6baf220.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9/13/2008 UNLV vs ASU

Malo Taumua blocked field goal gave the Rebels a 23 to 20 upset victory over the Sun Devils.  I believe on that same day a couple other MW schools prevailed over the PAC12:  BYU 59 - UCLA 0 and New Mexico 36 - Arizona 28.  

On 7/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, utenation said:

The 2006/2007 Utah/Wyo drama was epic.  We were embarrassed in 2006 and the better team won that day. The 2007 payback of 50-0 and KW/Glenn drama was at full tilt. We were bad sports that day 100%.  To this day, whenever someone asks KW what he regrets in his coaching career, that game and his antics is listed first.  He was a young coach with a lot of pride. 

I also remember Utah/Wyo in 2004. Lights went out game. I had a huge party that day and when the cable went out I had some pissed off guests.

I worked that game back in High School. Nothing like a Sophomore that barely knows the seating sections being constantly asked why the lights went out, when will they be back on, why aren't the heaters in the bathrooms working, etc.

Yeah. Even my manager was in the dark (literally and figuratively) about what was going on for a good while.

Bradley Van Pelt. 

BYU/SDSU basketball rivalry. 

BYU/Utah football rivalry

WAC 

Faulk

BYU’s national title

Utah’s run to national title game in basketball.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, robe said:

Bradley Van Pelt. 

BYU/SDSU basketball rivalry. 

BYU/Utah football rivalry

WAC 

Faulk

BYU’s national title

Utah’s run to national title game in basketball.

Agree on all of that.  Some of that was yesteryear in the WAC.  The old WAC pre-pods and pre-Fresno was a hell of a football conference. Pretty much every team save for UTEP and UNM was a tough out.  

On 7/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, jdgaucho said:

@TheSanDiegan, @Spaztecs, @East Coast Aztec @818SUDSFan while not technically MW-related, this was a gem from former Aztec men's soccer coach Lev Kirshner in 2006 before playing at UCSB in that year's NCAA Tourney.

https://thedailyaztec.com/18145/daily-aztec-stories/mens-soccer-the-other-football-team-seeks-revenge-in-ncaas/

“It’s a tough environment,” Kirshner said. “It’s a rowdy environment. You have to duck out of the way of flying tortillas?”

Flying tortillas?

“It’s no joke,” Kirshner said. “They threw tortillas at us last season.”

Despite the tortillas, Kirshner isn’t concerned about his players staying focused in a hostile atmosphere.

But just in case tortillas are launched onto the field, Kirshner has a plan.

“Bring cheese and a grill,” Kirshner said.

The question is Corn or Flour ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, SharkTanked said:

Here’s one for you my friend. Who can forget the Black Wall Of Zion requested by BYU to be put up in T&M to stop Vegas Heathens from going on the court?

Lee and Sarah Cummard fighting fans in the stands… UNLV vs BYU in the title game….

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/vegasmadness/punches-thrown-in-fans-charge/amp/

Which is another reason BYU is so loved by fans here. 😉

9E94C709-F392-4DB0-ABD3-CC01D9A5C7AC.jpeg

C5BBF1E1-EC50-430D-9E7C-BEC0848258A3.jpeg

On 8/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, utenation said:

Here’s one for you my friend. Who can forget the Black Wall Of Zion requested by BYU to be put up in T&M to stop Vegas Heathens from going on the court?

Lee and Sarah Cummard fighting fans in the stands… UNLV vs BYU in the title game….

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/vegasmadness/punches-thrown-in-fans-charge/amp/

Which is another reason BYU is so loved by fans here. 😉

9E94C709-F392-4DB0-ABD3-CC01D9A5C7AC.jpeg

C5BBF1E1-EC50-430D-9E7C-BEC0848258A3.jpeg

The "BYU Wall of Sportsmanship" and chants of "Psycho Sarah." Good memories indeed!