Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

What school(s) do you want the MW to add?

I am being dead serious with this post.

You want big markets and intriguing matches up that people will watch?

University of British Columbia  -  Population of Vancouver 2,426,160   

University of Calgary   - Population of Calgary 1,305,550

University of Alberta - Population of Edmonton 1,151,635

There are a half a dozen more schools centered in large population areas.  Not to mention if you went with schools in the east. 

Toronto 5.6 mil, Montreal 3.7 ml.... Talk about a couple dream pair of travel partners. 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, BlueCheer said:

I'm rootin hard for the PAC12 to fall apart. Oregon St and Washington St are perfect additions for the MW. They are us without that PAC12 money. Long shot still that any of that happens.

What I want just as much is for Thompson to stop talking up CUSA for any kind of partnership or grabbing any of their teams. Sans UTEP or UTSA. Just stop. Think a little bigger, a little further west or let the MW stand.

Nevada has been down the LaTech N Texas Road. No more.

If the yard sale continues, I like the move for OSU and WSU. Really, what are their options if the PAC is done? The only issue is, both schools have budgets and expenses baked in for $35-45K of conference revenue. That's a hard pill to swallow and manage as an AD. They'd have to get very lean and mean on the budget and likely cut out a lot of non rev sports and lose higher paid coaches in rev sports. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, southfresno said:

I think at that point the PAC 12 adds ten Mountain West teams and lives on. And yes, the schools would make that move.

Ten ?

Whoa.

There's a lot of Schools that just reek of deadwood.

Four maybe, bring value and competitiveness to the PAC

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Montana and Montana State, UC Davis and Cal Poly

Population numbers.

Bozeman 48k

Missoula 75k

Las Cruces 103k

El Paso 680k

UTEP would be at the top of the list of due to location and past history with MWC schools.  I would think NMSU would be on there at some point, maybe if 4 or more schools are needed.  I can see Montana.  I don't see why you would ever add Montana State.  That would be 2 schools in an state with a tiny market, relatively speaking.  I mean i get the regional interest angle, but you still need to generate revenue as a league to stay at what is the current FBS level.  When the big boys break away,  MWC/CUSA/AAC/Sun Belt/MAC,  some 70 schools, will be the next level of football.  And that level will still generate more interest (money) than FCS.   That means markets will still need to be considered for expansion.  I'm not knocking Montana State, i just think there will be much better options for schools that will accept an invite should the MWC find itself in survival mode again.  

On 7/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, alum93 said:

Population numbers.

Bozeman 48k

Missoula 75k

Las Cruces 103k

El Paso 680k

UTEP would be at the top of the list of due to location and past history with MWC schools.  I would think NMSU would be on there at some point, maybe if 4 or more schools are needed.  I can see Montana.  I don't see why you would ever add Montana State.  That would be 2 schools in an state with a tiny market, relatively speaking.  I mean i get the regional interest angle, but you still need to generate revenue as a league to stay at what is the current FBS level.  When the big boys break away,  MWC/CUSA/AAC/Sun Belt/MAC,  some 70 schools, will be the next level of football.  And that level will still generate more interest (money) than FCS.   That means markets will still need to be considered for expansion.  I'm not knocking Montana State, i just think there will be much better options for schools that will accept an invite should the MWC find itself in survival mode again.  

I’d rather UM, UCD, UTEP and NMSU. I hate MSU lol. 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:11 PM, bigd said:

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

I'm sure it's just a bad angle, but that has to be one of the ugliest campuses of anything that I've seen. Architects have one job...

Your eyes don't deceive you. CSU Bakersfield is that ugly. Probably what the average college looked like in the Soviet Union.

But hey! Rumor has it that the South Kern County Republican Club is pushing for some rich agribiz companies to buy the place and re-name it after two bigly loved local members of Congress. It would be called "Devin-Kevin College"!

On 7/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Your eyes don't deceive you. CSU Bakersfield is that ugly. Probably what the average college looked like in the Soviet Union.

But hey! Rumor has it that the South Kern County Republican Club is pushing for some rich agribiz companies to buy the place and re-name it after two bigly loved local members of Congress. It would be called "Devin-Kevin College"!

That ugly college also defeated the MW hoops champs, at their place with a full roster, this past year.  Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Screenshot_20220727-211528_Chrome.jpg.548f9246de242027b2e6516d815de8eb.jpg

On 7/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, jdgaucho said:

That ugly college also defeated the MW hoops champs, at their place with a full roster, this past year.  Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Screenshot_20220727-211528_Chrome.jpg.548f9246de242027b2e6516d815de8eb.jpg

I guess this means their campus is beautiful and we should give them the MW trophy, since that is how logic works.  :whistle:

On 7/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I guess this means their campus is beautiful and we should give them the MW trophy, since that is how logic works.  :whistle:

Poor trophy will be malformed after basking in their ugliness. We can't do that.

But surely someone out there sees beauty in them.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Montana and Montana State, UC Davis and Cal Poly

Pomona or Louis?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Sewanee, the University of the South. Located in Eastern Tennessee it gets us east coast eyeballs. They don’t play FBS football anymore but we could talk them into moving the program up again.

The main reason they quit playing D1 is that after their 1899 season there was nothing left to prove. They were 12-0 out scoring opponents 322 to 10. Including a 6 day road trip where they beat LSU, Tulane, Texas, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss….in one week. Being a church owned school (Episcopalian) on the 7th day they rested. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Kirbycreekpoke said:

Sewanee, the University of the South. Located in Eastern Tennessee it gets us east coast eyeballs. They don’t play FBS football anymore but we could talk them into moving the program up again.

The main reason they quit playing D1 is that after their 1899 season there was nothing left to prove. They were 12-0 out scoring opponents 322 to 10. Including a 6 day road trip where they beat LSU, Tulane, Texas, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss….in one week. Being a church owned school (Episcopalian) on the 7th day they rested. 

And it was good.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 7/29/2022 at 12:24 PM, Kirbycreekpoke said:

They had to take that trip because at the time, no one would go to Sewanee.  It was not an easy place to get to.  And of course, football was not a profit machine either.  

But Sewanee is a real cool place to check out.  So I endorse adding them