Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueAg

Jordan Wilmore heading from Fresno to Logan?

Wilmore posting moments ago that he is now an Aggie. :hmmm: So he feels better about backing up Tyler than he did Mims?

I know he was originally a highly sought after Utah signee but left their crowded RB room for Fresno. Did the Covid 2020 season just mess up his plans there? and now Mims appears to be the guy? Any Bulldog fans with any insight here?

I certainly welcome the depth, just wondering why this move came so late in the game?

On 7/21/2022 at 6:11 PM, TrueAg said:

Wilmore posting moments ago that he is now an Aggie. :hmmm: So he feels better about backing up Tyler than he did Mims?

I know he was originally a highly sought after Utah signee but left their crowded RB room for Fresno. Did the Covid 2020 season just mess up his plans there? and now Mims appears to be the guy? Any Bulldog fans with any insight here?

I certainly welcome the depth, just wondering why this move came so late in the game?

He definitely would've been our #2.  He's a solid RB and would've seen a lot of action.  Mims has a history of injuries and the coaches wanted to make a point to have a 2-3 RB rotation.

Now he's back where he would've bee.....a #2 RB.

On 7/21/2022 at 6:41 PM, AZdogFan said:

Sounds like the same situation in Fresno as when he left Utah: too many bodies in the room and he wasn't liking where he was going to fall on the depth chart.

He was likely 3rd or 4th on the depth chart with Sherrod having a good spring, and the Missouri transfer that came in late. He will do well wherever he gets playing time. 

Guess he was hoping to be a starter somewhere but when he realized that wasn't happened had to settle for the backup role. Solid get on USU part. I don't think he is going to light up the stat sheet or anything but he is good depth at an important position. 

On 7/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, Dogday63 said:

He was likely 3rd or 4th on the depth chart with Sherrod having a good spring, and the Missouri transfer that came in late. He will do well wherever he gets playing time. 

He was not 4th. He and Sherri’s probably would’ve split the Carrie’s as the #2. 
The Missouri transfer was acquired because Wilmore left. 

On 7/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Cincy said:

Yep Mims would get most of carries and Sherri/Wilmore would have probably split the rest. I wish he stayed but and hopeful the Missouri transfer and fill his shoes. 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:48 PM, Cincy said:

What ever became of WYO's retread...Jovan Bigelow?  He saw the writing on the wall at UW and quit to end up a Fresno...

On 7/22/2022 at 7:12 AM, Iam4wyo said:

What ever became of WYO's retread...Jovan Bigelow?  He saw the writing on the wall at UW and quit to end up a Fresno...

He was injured I think most of last year.  He saw a few carries in mop up duty in one of the games.  He's healthy headed into this year but is probably the #3 or #4 RB right now.

Thanks for the feedback. With Mims and Tyler both being Super Seniors - Wilmore's #2 role looked to be the same at either school for this season. Perhaps his decision just came down to what he sees beyond this year. There is not much proven talent behind Tyler at USU since Elelyon Noa decided to put his name in the transfer portal. We did sign a HS RB in Robert Briggs but he is a different build and skill set than Wilmore. I could easily see Wilmore becoming the starter next season.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, Cincy said:

He was injured I think most of last year.  He saw a few carries in mop up duty in one of the games.  He's healthy headed into this year but is probably the #3 or #4 RB right now.

2 years eligibility left, or only 1?  I had high expectations when he came in with Valladay (now at ASU).  Thanks for the info, I wish the kid the best.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, Iam4wyo said:

2 years eligibility left, or only 1?  I had high expectations when he came in with Valladay (now at ASU).  Thanks for the info, I wish the kid the best.

I believe this is his last year.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:27 AM, TrueAg said:

Thanks for the feedback. With Mims and Tyler both being Super Seniors - Wilmore's #2 role looked to be the same at either school for this season. Perhaps his decision just came down to what he sees beyond this year. There is not much proven talent behind Tyler at USU since Elelyon Noa decided to put his name in the transfer portal. We did sign a HS RB in Robert Briggs but he is a different build and skill set than Wilmore. I could easily see Wilmore becoming the starter next season.

He’s a good RB. he was probably 3 at FS—Malik Sherrod has been the firm number 2 for a while. But mims has gotten hurt a few times and I think wilmore had a chance at playing. He’s a pretty sturdy back and will do well.