Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV football

On 7/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, crixus said:

SJSU is 19-1-6 against UNLV. Hoping for #20 in SJ on 10/07. 👊 Go Spartans! 

19-6-1…

New Mexico is the only MW program that UNLV has a winning record against.

New Mexico has a losing record against every MW program.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:41 PM, Rebels18 said:

We have more helmet/uniform combinations than points scored last year.

rimshot GIF

I'm hoping the rebels can turn a corner this year and at least finish with 6 wins and get to a bowl game. I think they were in 6 one possession games last year against some of the better teams in the Conference?  If they can start winning some of those games it's possible.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, utgrizfan said:

I'm hoping the rebels can turn a corner this year and at least finish with 6 wins and get to a bowl game. I think they were in 6 one possession games last year against some of the better teams in the Conference?  If they can start winning some of those games it's possible.

That's what would be referred to as how to win.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/jul/31/quarterbacks-compete-on-first-day-of-unlv-football/

Quarterbacks compete on first day of UNLV football training camp

Over the course of 17 camp practices, Arroyo wants to see one of candidates step forward and demonstrate a complete command of the offense.

“Obviously the command and demand at that position is a big deal,” Arroyo said. “We ask a lot of it. So the ability to command what we’re doing, and then demand of their teammates in the right way and lead. And then obviously they’ve got to be able to move the ball and be effective.”

UNLV came out of spring practice with Brumfield and Friel listed as co-starters on the depth chart, while Bailey slotted in as the No. 3 QB. Arroyo cautioned against reading too much into that, however; when he spoke at Mountain West media day two weeks ago he said the depth chart merely reflected the players’ experience in the system.

It didn’t take long for the first training-camp injury to strike, unfortunately. During the second drill of the morning, junior safety Ricky Johnson lined up to cover junior receiver Kyle Williams in an 11-on-11 situation, and Johnson came away with an arm injury that forced him to leave the field.

Williams and Johnson leapt high for a pass and landed awkwardly, with Williams coming down on top of Johnson.

Johnson returned later with his arm in a cast.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:15 PM, UNLV2001 said:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/jul/31/quarterbacks-compete-on-first-day-of-unlv-football/

Quarterbacks compete on first day of UNLV football training camp

Over the course of 17 camp practices, Arroyo wants to see one of candidates step forward and demonstrate a complete command of the offense.

“Obviously the command and demand at that position is a big deal,” Arroyo said. “We ask a lot of it. So the ability to command what we’re doing, and then demand of their teammates in the right way and lead. And then obviously they’ve got to be able to move the ball and be effective.”

UNLV came out of spring practice with Brumfield and Friel listed as co-starters on the depth chart, while Bailey slotted in as the No. 3 QB. Arroyo cautioned against reading too much into that, however; when he spoke at Mountain West media day two weeks ago he said the depth chart merely reflected the players’ experience in the system.

It didn’t take long for the first training-camp injury to strike, unfortunately. During the second drill of the morning, junior safety Ricky Johnson lined up to cover junior receiver Kyle Williams in an 11-on-11 situation, and Johnson came away with an arm injury that forced him to leave the field.

Williams and Johnson leapt high for a pass and landed awkwardly, with Williams coming down on top of Johnson.

Johnson returned later with his arm in a cast.

I was just reading that article. I’m really looking forward to the season getting started. The stadium is great and this year’s team will be much more fun to watch.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:43 PM, quickdraw said:

I was just reading that article. I’m really looking forward to the season getting started. The stadium is great and this year’s team will be much more fun to watch.

I'm going to make a few games this season 

Doesn't UNLV have their own website?  All of us here don't need or care about daily UNLV stuff.

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!