Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV football

On 7/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, slappy said:

Ok my favorite cash cow.  Unlv team wins.   Will they get 2 this season?

The betting line is 4.5.

Take the under.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

No faith in Arroyo huh? He’s a pretty crafty guy, I think he can be successful there as an offensive mind, not so sure about defense. IMO all you need is to hire a great defensive mind to compliment.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, Rocket said:

No faith in Arroyo huh? He’s a pretty crafty guy, I think he can be successful there as an offensive mind, not so sure about defense. IMO all you need is to hire a great defensive mind to compliment.

Keith Hayward looks like he will be an improvement over Peter Hansen.  Also, his specialty is defensive backs, which is where UNLV has struggled mightily.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, Rocket said:

Arroyo just needs a QB that can read the defense. 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:18 AM, Rosegreen said:

Arroyo just needs a QB that can read the defense. 

I thought your offense was increasingly getting better, but if the defense can’t stop anyone it will be a tall order for any coach to win 7 games and get to a bowl.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, Rocket said:

I thought your offense was increasingly getting better, but if the defense can’t stop anyone it will be a tall order for any coach to win 7 games and get to a bowl.

For the last decade, UNLV has had QBs that cannot read when a blitz is coming or what the coverage is. It’s been snap the ball and hope for the best, just bad football.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, Rocket said:

The offense will score at least 25 PPG this year.  The question will be how effective we are at running the football.

Defensively, my hope is that our DC, who specializes in the DBs, can improve our pass defense.  We get beat deep too much.

How the dancers look this year 👀 ?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, Rosegreen said:

For the last decade, UNLV has had QBs that cannot read when a blitz is coming or what the coverage is. It’s been snap the ball and hope for the best, just bad football.

To be fair you had high school coaches teaching them.  What would one really expect.  Not to mention you had running backs trying to play that position

On 7/27/2022 at 5:17 AM, slappy said:

To be fair you had high school coaches teaching them.  What would one really expect.  Not to mention you had running backs trying to play that position

What are your thoughts on Stuart?

On 7/27/2022 at 5:17 AM, slappy said:

HS coaches like Sanchez thought he could just plug in the most athletic guy in there and win games by managing the clock. 

Worked at Gorman given the talent discrepancy but at UNLV/CFB it can be neutralized especially if you are running a one dimensional offense. In fact, I don’t recall a single QB from the Sanchez era (at Gorman) being successful as a QB at the CFB level. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, 4UNLV said:

Another solid P5 transfer with multiple P5 offers to add to the list.  Maybe adding some experience and depth on both sides of the ball on a team that's returning 76% of it's roster from 2021 will push em' over the 4.5 win total. @slappy $100 side bet? This bet can be real instead of the imaginary action you boast about. (Show your receipts you poser) I've never seen fellas from Wyoming bet more than $5 to bum free drink tickets before begging their fat wives to slip them a $20 out of their purse and go to the penny slots where they belong. 

Transfer List: 

QB Harrison Bailey----TENNESSEE (SEC)
WR Ricky White II--- MICHIGAN ST (B10)
LB Jordan Eubanks-- FLORIDA ST (ACC)

LB Elijah Shelton --UTAH (PAC-12)
RB Aidan Robbins-- LOUISVILLE
DL Ben Key-- MIZZOU (SEC)

P Marshall Nichols--MISSISSIPPI ST (SEC)

CB Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson-- UTAH (PAC-12)

DL Ryan Keeler--RUTGERS (B10)

OL Coby Bryant--- SMU
OL DJ Stuckey - Cal Poly
WR Nick William--CSU

CC/FCS/D2:
LBs Keith Conley
Dave Heckard Jr.
DB Donyai Dixon
DB Bijon Harris
OL Preston Nichols
WR Senika McKie
WR Jeff Weimer
LB Fred Thompkins

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, Rebels18 said:

Another solid P5 transfer with multiple P5 offers to add to the list.  Maybe adding some experience and depth on both sides of the ball on a team that's returning 76% of it's roster from 2021 will push em' over the 4.5 win total. @slappy $100 side bet? This bet can be real instead of the imaginary action you boast about. (Show your receipts you poser) I've never seen fellas from Wyoming bet more than $5 to bum free drink tickets before begging their fat wives to slip them a $20 out of their purse and go to the penny slots where they belong. 

Transfer List: 

QB Harrison Bailey----TENNESSEE (SEC)
WR Ricky White II--- MICHIGAN ST (B10)
LB Jordan Eubanks-- FLORIDA ST (ACC)

LB Elijah Shelton --UTAH (PAC-12)
RB Aidan Robbins-- LOUISVILLE
DL Ben Key-- MIZZOU (SEC)

P Marshall Nichols--MISSISSIPPI ST (SEC)

CB Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson-- UTAH (PAC-12)

DL Ryan Keeler--RUTGERS (B10)

OL Coby Bryant--- SMU
OL DJ Stuckey - Cal Poly
WR Nick William--CSU

CC/FCS/D2:
LBs Keith Conley
Dave Heckard Jr.
DB Donyai Dixon
DB Bijon Harris
OL Preston Nichols
WR Senika McKie
WR Jeff Weimer
LB Fred Thompkins

If only Kevin Kruger had the recruiting chops of Marcus Arroyo!

On 7/26/2022 at 3:42 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

UNLV is going to be improved... possibly even finish as the 3rd best football team in the city. Raiders are the Raiders, but UNLV is making strides and catching up to Bishop Gorman! 

The crazy thing is Gorman has as many players in the NFL as UNLV (and the same as Nevada had last year). 

SJSU is 19-1-6 against UNLV. Hoping for #20 in SJ on 10/07. 👊 Go Spartans!