Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Good Article on Wyoming Transfers

https://www.wyomingnews.com/wyosports/university_of_wyoming/mens_basketball/basketball-reasons-sold-pac-12-trio-on-wyoming/article_202346c8-c50b-5c7d-b5fa-ee0589f1d1da.html

Sorry if there’s a paywall. 

These three guys are going to make the Pokes really tough. They basically have no weaknesses. They’ve got a great post in Ike and a good PG in Anderson who will take ball handling duties off Maldonado and make him even more effective.

Kyman can shoot it as well as Jeffries, and Agbo will give them more athleticism at forward. This will be Wyoming’s best team since the Fennis Dembo years. They’ve got both talent and experience. They wont be fazed playing on the road in tough environments.

They are very capable of winning the MWC and winning games in the Dance. 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:40 PM, soupslam1 said:

https://www.wyomingnews.com/wyosports/university_of_wyoming/mens_basketball/basketball-reasons-sold-pac-12-trio-on-wyoming/article_202346c8-c50b-5c7d-b5fa-ee0589f1d1da.html

These three guys are going to make the Pokes really tough. They basically have no weaknesses. They’ve got a great post in Ike and a good PG in Anderson who will take ball handling duties off Maldonado and make him even more effective.

Kyman can shoot it as well as Jeffries, and Agbo will give them more athleticism at forward. This will be Wyoming’s best team since the Fennis Dembo years. They’ve got both talent and experience. They wont be fazed playing on the road in tough environments.

So, basically this is Linder's last season in Laramie, sighhhhhh

On 7/19/2022 at 10:21 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

So, basically this is Linder's last season in Laramie, sighhhhhh

Not necessarily.   Great team again next year and the buy out drops a bunch.  Plus he seems to really like Laramie. Fits his lifestyle.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:58 AM, Rebels18 said:

live in the moment dude

THANK YOU

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 7/20/2022 at 5:37 AM, wyo 1 said:

Not in the past either.   

I agree other than the fact that 70s-90s UNLV BASKETBALL WAS THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE SPORT AND UNLV WAS AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN AS ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC PROGRAMS OF ALL MUTHAFUGGIN TIME DUDE!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, Rebels18 said:

I agree other than the fact that 70s-90s UNLV BASKETBALL WAS THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE SPORT AND UNLV WAS AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN AS ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC PROGRAMS OF ALL MUTHAFUGGIN TIME DUDE!

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/19/2022 at 9:40 PM, soupslam1 said:

Will be interesting to see how the rotation shakes out. Not very often you have questions in Laramie about the starting 5 or whether all the guys will get minutes. Definitely a fun problem to have.

The only starter we lose is Jeffries. My guess is Maldo slides out of the PG role and we see Anderson come in. 

G: Anderson

G: DuSell or Wenzel

G/F: Maldo

F: Oden

F: Ike

But who knows if Kyman could be an improvement over any of the guys. Maybe Agbonkpolo in place of Oden. Even Thompson might get back into the mix to make up for Jeffries' production as Linder has shown a preference to get another shooter on the floor whenever possible. Not to mention a fully-healthy Foster and freshmen reserves getting a year older.

Just excited for football to get here, because that means it's officially basketball pre-season!

On 7/20/2022 at 4:06 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Will be interesting to see how the rotation shakes out. Not very often you have questions in Laramie about the starting 5 or whether all the guys will get minutes. Definitely a fun problem to have.

The only starter we lose is Jeffries. My guess is Maldo slides out of the PG role and we see Anderson come in. 

But who knows if Kyman could be an improvement over any of the guys. Maybe Agbonkpolo in place of Oden. Even Thompson might get back into the mix to make up for Jeffries' production as Linder has shown a preference to get another shooter on the floor whenever possible. Not to mention a fully-healthy Foster and freshmen reserves getting a year older.

Just excited for football to get here, because that means it's officially basketball pre-season!

If Oden can grow into the player I saw glimpses of last season he could be an absolute handful. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 7/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Agree with everything above.  I think DuSell starts over Wenzel based on last year (early DuSell over late Wenzel).  The combo of Maldo / Foster at the 3 is drool worthy.  Oden / Thompson are known quantities at the 4 with Agbonkpolo capable of dislodging Thompson if his shooting is decent.  At the 5, Ike is going to be a beast...really would like to see the R-Frosh Barnhardt put on some weight and be the 7' we all think he could be.  I think of all positions, we really need a solid back-up for Ike to be able to go deep this year....

On 7/20/2022 at 7:17 PM, Subcanis said:

If Oden can grow into the player I saw glimpses of last season he could be an absolute handful. 

I'm a big Oden fan. One of my few complaints about last year was Oden's lack of minutes in the 2nd half of games. The kid shows some really nice potential at times, just needs to be consistent and not give the coaches a reason to sit him

On 7/20/2022 at 8:27 PM, PokeTransplant said:

Agree with everything above.  I think DuSell starts over Wenzel based on last year (early DuSell over late Wenzel).  The combo of Maldo / Foster at the 3 is drool worthy.  Oden / Thompson are known quantities at the 4 with Agbonkpolo capable of dislodging Thompson if his shooting is decent.  At the 5, Ike is going to be a beast...really would like to see the R-Frosh Barnhardt put on some weight and be the 7' we all think he could be.  I think of all positions, we really need a solid back-up for Ike to be able to go deep this year....

I would be surprised if Max doesn’t start over Oden.Thompson will see very limited minutes I believe.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm a big Oden fan. One of my few complaints about last year was Oden's lack of minutes in the 2nd half of games. The kid shows some really nice potential at times, just needs to be consistent and not give the coaches a reason to sit him

He seemed very timid most of the time, but there were a few times when he had some swagger that were pretty impressive. If he can figure out how to play his role and be assertive at the same time he’ll be huge this year. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 7/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Linder is the best coach in the conference.

Stop pandering. No he isn't. He's a good coach. We have many good coaches in this conference now. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/21/2022 at 7:21 AM, SDSUfan said:

Stop pandering. No he isn't. He's a good coach. We have many good coaches in this conference now. 

Someone’s feel feels get hurt because they didn’t get told their mafia looking coach wasn’t the best….🤣

On 7/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

On 7/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, PokeTransplant said:

Having Maldo and Anderson is great. Reminds me of GU in 2017 when we had NWG and Perkins on the same team. Having 2 ball handlers means that when they're both on the floor you can really stretch out a defense and it also means you can stagger them at 25-30 minutes per game and see little drop off. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just putting together the depth chart is fun!

1. Anderson/Reynolds/Roberson
  2. DuSell/Foster
  3. Maldonado/Wenzel/Kyman
  4. Agbonkpolo/Oden/Thompson
  5. Ike/Barnhart/Powell

RS: Talich

Reynolds being able to sit behind a true point and learn from him is going to be huge. It's going to be nice to have point guards bringing the ball up this year. Most of Maldonado's turnovers came when he was the primary ball handler.

Our SF position is crazy deep.

Barnhart is probably more of a 4, but he's 7 feet tall, so I put him at the 5.

Agbonkpolo and Powell are going to bring some much-needed true post depth.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg