UNLV2001

Western Water, Weather & CLIMATE CHANGE !!!

On 7/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, renoskier said:

at least 600 sq/ft is reasonable

Or, hear me out, DON'T HAVE AN EFFING SWIMMING POOL IN THE DESERT!

• Like 4
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Yet, the Greater Phoenix Area Golf Courses are demanding more water 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/19/2022 at 8:06 PM, crixus said:

We Californians are all going to feel the pain, some more than others.

For example, I feel really bad for the people of Imperial Valley. I've had enough business there over the years to know they are some of the friendliest folks you could meet and they have great pride in their community. However, they are inundated with cartel traffickers moving their products through IV up into the huge population centers to the north as well as the slow death of the Salton Sea and the damage to air quality that has been doing. Combine all that with reduction in the amount of Colorado River water available and IV's future is sadly bleak.

I would also warn people about moving to Bend, OR. Tourism can only go so far and Deschutes Beer, which was always highly overrated, is now owned by Anheuser Busch.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:26 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

We Californians are all going to feel the pain, some more than others.

For example, I feel really bad for the people of Imperial Valley. I've had enough business there over the years to know they are some of the friendliest folks you could meet and they have great pride in their community. However, they are inundated with cartel traffickers moving their products through IV up into the huge population centers to the north as well as the slow death of the Salton Sea and the damage to air quality that has been doing. Combine all that with reduction in the amount of Colorado River water available and IV's future is sadly bleak.

I would also warn people about moving to Bend, OR. Tourism can only go so far and Deschutes Beer, which was always highly overrated, is now owned by Anheuser Busch.

Deschutes — love their stuff.  Seemingly always consistent and simple, classic styles.  Their Black Butte non-alcoholic brew may be the best I’ve had in that style. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:36 AM, grandjean87 said:

Deschutes — love their stuff.  Seemingly always consistent and simple, classic styles.  Their Black Butte non-alcoholic brew may be the best I’ve had in that style. 

To each his own and I'm sure I enjoy various beers that don't suit your pallet. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:52 PM, WYO1016 said:

Or, hear me out, DON'T HAVE AN EFFING SWIMMING POOL IN THE DESERT!

EFF YOU, IT'S EFFING HOT HERE. Las Vegas might be in a desert but it's right next to the largest water reservoir in the country. 

Vegas is literally the most water efficient city in the world. We have like a 99% indoor water recycle/reclamation rate. We use 30% less water than we did in 2002 and the population has grown by like 1 million people since then. We literally have water police stalk people's homes to make sure they water their yards appropriately. We skimp and save so Arizona can grow fking Alfalfa and water their golfcourses and pump all our water to cesspool LA and the rest of Cali so they can grow avocados and vegetables...f*ck vegetables! Eat meat you sniveling pussies. 

This is the current Lake Mead Water Allocation in millions acre-feet of water: 

California: 4,404,727

Arizona: 2,425,736

Nevada: 242,168

Mexico: 1,455,061

Las Vegas is NOT the problem. If every state that has their straw in Lake Mead used Las Vegas as the model for water conservation it probably wouldn't be dropping 8 feet per month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/22/2022 at 1:05 PM, Rebels18 said:

EFF YOU, IT'S EFFING HOT HERE. Las Vegas might be in a desert but it's right next to the largest water reservoir in the country. 

Vegas is literally the most water efficient city in the world. We have like a 99% indoor water recycle/reclamation rate. We use 30% less water than we did in 2002 and the population has grown by like 1 million people since then. We literally have water police stalk people's homes to make sure they water their yards appropriately. We skimp and save so Arizona can grow fking Alfalfa and water their golfcourses and pump all our water to cesspool LA and the rest of Cali so they can grow avocados and vegetables...f*ck vegetables! Eat meat you sniveling pussies. 

This is the current Lake Mead Water Allocation in millions acre-feet of water: 

California: 4,404,727

Arizona: 2,425,736

Nevada: 242,168

Mexico: 1,455,061

Las Vegas is NOT the problem. If every state that has their straw in Lake Mead used Las Vegas as the model for water conservation it probably wouldn't be dropping 8 feet per month. 

Vegas has done a great job with reclamation and other projects and policies.  The problem is that it exists at all.  The city creates a giant heat bubble that contributes to evaporation in Mead.  Large cities can impact temperatures and evaporation in bodies of water miles and miles away.  While Vegas is the most water efficient city in the world, they are the largest heat bubble in the Western Hemisphere.  

Nuke Vegas.  Nukes help cool the world.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Vegas has done a great job with reclamation and other projects and policies.  The problem is that it exists at all.  The city creates a giant heat bubble that contributes to evaporation in Mead.  Large cities can impact temperatures and evaporation in bodies of water miles and miles away.  While Vegas is the most water efficient city in the world, they are the largest heat bubble in the Western Hemisphere.  

Nuke Vegas.  Nukes help cool the world.  

I invited 4x over here because of this thread. He’s an interesting cat. Not feral. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1