Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

So, will we be refugees before long?

We will be climate refugees before to long. I have no doubt States east of the Mississippi will do their damndest to deny entry to Westerners

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

We will be climate refugees before to long. I have no doubt States east of the Mississippi will do their damndest to deny entry to Westerners

Climate refugees are far more likely.  As the southwest dries up, cities like Las Vegas will be abandoned.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 7/18/2022 at 1:01 PM, 4UNLV said:

There are a lot of problems in the United States. But it’s laughable when people say we are a 3rd world country.  People need to get a grip. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 7/18/2022 at 2:03 PM, mugtang said:

Climate refugees are far more likely.  As the southwest dries up, cities like Las Vegas will be abandoned.  

Getting close to that pipeline from Tahoe to LV !!

On 7/18/2022 at 2:03 PM, mugtang said:

What's your timeframe?

People, not a fan.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, mugtang said:

There are a lot of problems in the United States. But it’s laughable when people say we are a 3rd world country.  People need to get a grip. 

Those cities never should have been built.  I say anybody still living in Vegas past 2030 should be forced to stay there.  Build a giant wall around the city and shoot anybody trying to get past it.  

On 7/18/2022 at 3:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Those cities never should have been built.  I say anybody still living in Vegas past 2030 should be forced to stay there.  Build a giant wall around the city and shoot anybody trying to get past it.  

So, Fallout New Vegas then.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, azgreg said:

What's your timeframe?

50-75 years probably.  Depends on water and how much is available. If we don’t build desalination plants on the west coast the Southwest will have little to no water. 

On 7/18/2022 at 2:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

6n68g4.jpg

On 7/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ever watch the Stephen King miniseries based on his book The Stand?

Like that...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

** Honecker!

On 7/18/2022 at 2:18 PM, mugtang said:

50-75 years probably.  Depends on water and how much is available. If we don’t build desalination plants on the west coast the Southwest will have little to no water. 

I've read some here that some believe that Phoenix will be uninhabitable by 2050.

People, not a fan.