Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

Boise St has zero Leverage

I need to poop.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 7/17/2022 at 7:00 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yeah, dude. You’re so right.  When people from California are thinking of a place to visit, Idaho is definitely on top of the list. 

I'm on the California Central Coast and I vacation in Idaho once a year... In Coeur d'Alene, not Boise. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, Dogday63 said:

I'm on the California Central Coast and I vacation in Idaho once a year... In Coeur d'Alene, not Boise. 

When I was fishing the head waters of the Clear Water last year, only 25% or so of the license plates were Idaho.  The rest were California, Washington, Montana and Oregon in that order.  

Boise is "hip" right now.  Like Portland or Seattle decades ago.  Tons of yuppies from California coming to visit and look at property.  I hate it soooo much.  

On 7/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, JADogs05 said:

Can you provide us with a similar list for sorghum? 

Eh, looking at a rehash of the old Big12 before CU and Nebraska bolted along with North Dakota, Illinois, and Georgia.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:56 AM, Super six said:

Why would anyone want to visit Boise from california when we have 9 national parks and 3 in our backyard. We also have a ski resort in Fresno county. I'd rather spend my money on a 2 hour trip to the coast.

image.jpeg.05512cec48e3b961009f70022f35a10d.jpeg

image.png.bdd5722dfebdfc212f97d95e895b9a09.png

I got a new slogan for y'all, free o' charge:

Fresno...2-to-4 hours from cool stuff.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:15 AM, Super six said:

Do you always post on stupid threads?

¿Do you always post stupid stuff on stupid threads?

On 7/18/2022 at 6:56 AM, Super six said:

Why would anyone want to visit Boise from california when we have 9 national parks and 3 in our backyard. We also have a ski resort in Fresno county. I'd rather spend my money on a 2 hour trip to the coast.

image.jpeg.05512cec48e3b961009f70022f35a10d.jpeg

image.png.bdd5722dfebdfc212f97d95e895b9a09.png

On 7/19/2022 at 7:08 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

When I was fishing the head waters of the Clear Water last year, only 25% or so of the license plates were Idaho.  The rest were California, Washington, Montana and Oregon in that order.  

Boise is "hip" right now.  Like Portland or Seattle decades ago.  Tons of yuppies from California coming to visit and look at property.  I hate it soooo much.  

¿Is that so odd when you realize, one-in-eight Americans is a Californian?

I haven't been to boise since Oct o' 2018 for wrk.  However, I didn't get the vibe that the Calif transplants in Potato-land were "yuppies" at all.  Do you realized the "y" in "yuppie" stands for 'young?'

On 7/19/2022 at 8:08 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise city may be grabbing the yuppies but the QAnon faithful are moving out here in droves too.  Politics is once again playing too big of a part in everything.  And these folk were paying cash for homes last summer;  no appraisal, no banks, no nothing.  Just cash.

The good news this summer is that out of state real estate lookies are way down from last year.  The economy is giving us a breather.   I haven't had a card/letter stuffed in my mailbox from one of them in a couple months and it used to be weekly.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:54 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

I'd LOVE to retire in SLO.

This usually indicates you can't afford to live there.

I would say BSU has been the "most" screwed of any of the elite (on the field) G-5 schools. TCU and UTAH had elite runs and then ended up in MUCH better situations for a period and are still in a better spot. UCF had an elite run and is in a better spot. Cincy, albeit shorter, also had an elite run and is a better spot. BYU has been decent (no elite runs recently) and is in a better spot. Most other G-5 schools that made a splash just had a special QB or team and didn't really have sustained success. BSU is the only G-5 with sustained "elite" run that did not end up in a better situation. I mean they did have one year of a slight upgrade (first year in MW when TCU was still a member) but that is it.  

On 7/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, USU78 said:

This has had altogether too much influence on my views on the Imperial Valley:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090435/

So Fresno is now in the Imperial Valley ?

It's good to be the King !

Brooklyn Nine Nine Royalty GIF by FOX TV

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

¿Do you always post stupid stuff on stupid threads?

I do, it attracts stupid people.

On 7/20/2022 at 7:49 AM, Super six said:

I can afford it - it would be a stupid move to retire there though - can just visit whenever I want since we have family there.  It’s a beautiful place.  If I could live anywhere in CA it would be one of the central coast beach towns.  I tend to prefer Pacific Grove/Monterey.  However, would never live there again regardless.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, NorCalCoug said:

I can afford it - it would be a stupid move to retire there though - can just visit whenever I want since we have family there.  It’s a beautiful place.  If I could live anywhere in CA it would be one of the central coast beach towns.  I tend to prefer Pacific Grove/Monterey.  However, would never live there again regardless.

I agree, living in a more cost-effective region can stretch your funds further during retirement.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:49 AM, Super six said:
On 7/19/2022 at 11:54 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

I'd LOVE to retire in SLO.

True for many people.

I know someone from Southern California who retired and sold their paid-off home. They thought they would buy for cash in SLO plus have money left over for retirement. They were shocked to discover the median SLO home price is about $1 million today. Instead they are now looking elsewhere in California.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

To borrow a slogan from another Western state: Don't Californicate Idaho.  

On 7/20/2022 at 8:09 AM, thedude15 said:

I would say BSU has been the "most" screwed of any of the elite (on the field) G-5 schools. TCU and UTAH had elite runs and then ended up in MUCH better situations for a period and are still in a better spot. UCF had an elite run and is in a better spot. Cincy, albeit shorter, also had an elite run and is a better spot. BYU has been decent (no elite runs recently) and is in a better spot. Most other G-5 schools that made a splash just had a special QB or team and didn't really have sustained success. BSU is the only G-5 with sustained "elite" run that did not end up in a better situation. I mean they did have one year of a slight upgrade (first year in MW when TCU was still a member) but that is it.  

The smallness of Idaho was the early excuse.  Then 2006 happened and they got a national audience.  Were top 20 Nike merchandise sales annually.  And streaming happened.  Still,  tv eyeballs locally will hold them back again most likely.

And to be honest the state holds some blame in holding back higher ed for decades and decades.  Boise State has grown so much in Phd offerings, research, etc in the past 20 years, but coming from nothing means it still takes years for ed rankings to catch up. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:08 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cool, we've been dealing with out of staters in San Diego since the beginning of time, welcome to the club.