Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

Boise St has zero Leverage

On 7/18/2022 at 7:56 AM, Super six said:

Why would anyone want to visit Boise from california when we have 9 national parks and 3 in our backyard. We also have a ski resort in Fresno county. I'd rather spend my money on a 2 hour trip to the coast.

image.jpeg.05512cec48e3b961009f70022f35a10d.jpeg

image.png.bdd5722dfebdfc212f97d95e895b9a09.png

Exactly.  Idaho has no scenery.  No skiing.  Stay away.  It SUCKS here.   Been saying that for 40 years and no one listens.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, roughrider said:

Exactly.  Idaho has no scenery.  No skiing.  Stay away.  It SUCKS here.   Been saying that for 40 years and no one listens.

C'mon, Idaho and the Dakotas are amazing. Montana sucks though and no one should ever think about this place.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:45 PM, 406bleedsblue said:

C'mon, Idaho and the Dakotas are amazing. Montana sucks though and no one should ever think about this place.

I am the president of the anti-chamber of commerce.  Just so you know.  

Right now Idaho is being loved to death.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, 406bleedsblue said:

a8b7f3f0c894932a047107563107e82b.jpg

I've always wanted a sign or 10 along 84 (all desert and sage brush) where it just sings 'keep on going' and use that theme somehow.    Like 'you're only 120 miles from Beautiful Oregon'.  

On 7/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, roughrider said:

¿Did Sun Valley finally grow a pair & seceed?

Do NOT watch the Rose Bowl, Parade, etc.., or weather surrounding said events. SoCal is a ttl dump.  No need to chk things out here in the southland or the Front Range o' Colo for that matter either...

On 7/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, 406bleedsblue said:

a8b7f3f0c894932a047107563107e82b.jpg

Not sure places like Cut Bank and Malta are growing. Maybe so though. Point is, when outsiders think of Montana, they're only thinking about one half of the state.

On 7/17/2022 at 9:36 PM, grandjean87 said:

The San Joaquin and Sacramento valley have been and are miracles of agricultural.  Transition there is inevitable.  Vertical  ag is coming everywhere.  Water. 

Lest we forget the Imperial Valley with its winter produce production.

the king GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/17/2022 at 9:48 PM, Spot50B said:

I guarantee many more Californians want to visit Boise than Fresno.

Can't argue with that.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:34 AM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Only if you are looking to join a new militia...

Nah, it's true, Boise is a very popular destination at this time.  I've never been there myself, my dad always spoke well of it.  But Boise is a destination now.  Reno on the other hand, is Fresno's frenemy peer.  Close to a prestige destination, but not a prestige destination in it's own right.  And second fiddle politically and socially in it's own state.

That said, home is home.  Take @Renoskier, I'm pretty damned sure he can afford to live wherever he wants, and he chooses to live near Reno.  I've lived in far "nicer" places than the San Joauin Valley  myself, but have never been happier than I am here.  In the end, it's about the people in your life.

And for the record, the Valley is really nice all through fall and in early spring.  It can be spectacular here.

Never visited Boise or Reno.  Would certainly like to.

Closest I've been to Fresno was a weekend in Lemoore.  Which is good enough

On 7/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, Spot50B said:

Not sure places like Cut Bank and Malta are growing. Maybe so though. Point is, when outsiders think of Montana, they're only thinking about one half of the state.

Dare I say "...they're only thinking about one...(third) of the state."

-----------------------------------------

A friend of mine met a buddy when both were in Cut Bank, MT.  One was in Cut Bank for wrk...the other passing through for leisure travel.  

Then came a magazine article...then a best selling book...finally a (3x) Oscar nominated film & a kick-ass soundtrack about one of their travels.  

IT ALL BEGAN IN CUT BANK, MT.  

Q:  ¿Who can name the book/film?

On 7/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, CPslograd said:

Can't argue with that.

Nah, it's true, Boise is a very popular destination at this time.  I've never been there myself, my dad always spoke well of it.  But Boise is a destination now.  Reno on the other hand, is Fresno's frenemy peer.  Close to a prestige destination, but not a prestige destination in it's own right.  And second fiddle politically and socially in it's own state.

That said, home is home.  Take @Renoskier, I'm pretty damned sure he can afford to live wherever he wants, and he chooses to live near Reno.  I've lived in far "nicer" places than the San Joauin Valley  myself, but have never been happier than I am here.  In the end, it's about the people in your life.

And for the record, the Valley is really nice all through fall and in early spring.  It can be spectacular here.

Earlier tonight had a few beers w/friend who used to run the Tower Theatre.

I call BS that @CPslograd lives in the BIG Valley.  Isn't it San Joaquin Valley?

On 7/18/2022 at 4:08 PM, Spaztecs said:

Lest we forget the Imperial Valley with its winter produce production.

the king GIF

Lettuce, onions (IIRC carrots) & beef make the Greater Brawley/Calexico Metroplex go round.

I did some wrk for an antibiotic-free/corn fed feed lot down that way back-in-the-day.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:29 PM, CPslograd said:

Can't argue with that.

I'm planning to move to my favorite redneck mountain town eventually.  The vast majority of people in this country would not want to live there. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, Jimbo_Poke said:

Bunch of amateurs.  Potatoes, almonds who cares the crop that matters is barley and based on that we must form a super conference of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado teams. 

Barley Production

I give you the Ale 10 conference:

Boise St

Idaho 

Montana

Montana St

North Dakota

North Dakota St

Wyoming

CSU

Colorado

Air Force

Edit, note when time for expansion comes we will base it on hops production which will result in Washington, Wazzu, Oregon, and Oregon State to join.

Can you provide us with a similar list for sorghum? 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm planning to move to my favorite redneck mountain town eventually.  The vast majority of people in this country would not want to live there. 

Lowman aint that bad.....

On 7/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Waaay to close to a paved road, a highway no less!

Yep and it's being 'discovered' now too.   My neighbor has had a place up there for decades and was always planning on retiring there (in spite of his wife telling him no way in hell) and now he wants to sell it because it's too crowded up there.