Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super six

Boise St has zero Leverage

On 7/17/2022 at 7:36 PM, bornontheblue said:

Hmm. We are second to CA in Dairy production. Our trophy is called the milk jug for a reason. 

I'll bet our yield per acre is comparable if not better than CA in comparable crops. 

Agriculture smack. I love it. 

I see 8.8 billion for Idaho.  Which is pretty close to Fresno County, Tulare County, or Kern County.  Those are counties, not states.  So the whole freaking state of Idaho produces a comparable amount of ag products (in dollars) to either Fresno, Tulare, or Kern County.  Plus if you figure Merced and Kings County as part of the Fresno State market you're probably looking at about 30 billion, versus 8.8.

On 7/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, CPslograd said:

I see 8.8 billion for Idaho.  Which is pretty close to Fresno County, Tulare County, or Kern Country.  Those are counties, not states.  So the whole freaking state of Idaho produces a comparable amount of ag products (in dollars) to either Fresno, Tulare, or Kern County.  Plus if you figure Merced and Kings County as part of the Fresno State market you're probably looking at about 30 billion, versus 8.8.

What crop ? Is this total ag output. 

Yeah, CA massively outperforms ID in total  ag output because you have so much more arable  land. 2/3 of our state is the northern Rocky mountains, or other protected federal land. I  would bet if you put it to a comparable metric like yield per acre, ID  is right up there or better than CA. 

Damn, you know it's the summer doldrums when you are bragging about your states ag output, lol. 

On 7/17/2022 at 8:36 PM, bornontheblue said:

Hmm. We are second to CA in Dairy production. Our trophy is called the milk jug for a reason. 

I'll bet our yield per acre is comparable if not better than CA in comparable crops. 

Agriculture smack. I love it. 

We have something w/a lack of scarcity that CA doesn’t.  Water.  Making crops grow since Ancient Mesopotamia.  Also, Cali potatoes, smh. 

On 7/17/2022 at 9:24 PM, grandjean87 said:

We have something w/a lack of scarcity that CA doesn’t.  Water.  Making crops grow since Ancient Mesopotamia.  Also, Cali potatoes, smh. 

The mid and upper snake river plain is some of the most fertile soil you can get. Volcanic soil that has developed over thousands of years with little to no leaching that builds up vital nutrients. Hot dry sunny, days, with cool nights. Add in modern irrigation and you get a hell of a great agriculture output. 

I'm ready for football season. 

On 7/17/2022 at 9:30 PM, bornontheblue said:

The mid and upper snake river plain is some of the most fertile soil you can get. Volcanic soil that has developed over thousands of years with little to no leaching that builds up vital nutrients. Hot dry sunny, days, with cool nights. Add in modern irrigation and you get a hell of a great agriculture output. 

I'm ready for football season. 

The San Joaquin and Sacramento valley have been and are miracles of agricultural.  Transition there is inevitable.  Vertical  ag is coming everywhere.  Water. 

On 7/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, bornontheblue said:

What crop ? Is this total ag output. 

Yeah, CA massively outperforms ID in total  ag output because you have so much more arable  land. 2/3 of our state is the northern Rocky mountains, or other protected federal land. I  would bet if you put it to a comparable metric like yield per acre, ID  is right up there or better than CA. 

Damn, you know it's the summer doldrums when you are bragging about your states ag output, lol. 

Good post.  Fun thread.  And I’m with you, can’t wait for football season.  My son starts fall practice tomorrow!

On 7/17/2022 at 8:00 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yeah, dude. You’re so right.  When people from California are thinking of a place to visit, Idaho is definitely on top of the list. 

I guarantee many more Californians want to visit Boise than Fresno.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, bornontheblue said:

A lot of people come here for vacation. That has literally nothing that do with football. If you are going on a road trip though to a football game Boise is light-years ahead of Fresno in quality of destination. 

K. I’ll take your word for it, but I still don’t know a single person in my life who has taken a vacation or even just an exploration trip to anywhere in Idaho. Maybe those potatoes are photogenic or sum shit? 

“And here is me, using my vacation time to stand in front a fcking tuber in Idaho. Maybe I’ll find the llama from Napoleon Dynamite next”  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 7/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

K. I’ll take your word for it, but I still don’t know a single person in my life who has taken a vacation or even just an exploration trip to anywhere in Idaho. Maybe those potatoes are photogenic or sum shit? 

“And here is me, using my vacation time to stand in front a fcking tuber in Idaho. Maybe I’ll find the llama from Napoleon Dynamite next”  

Why would anyone want to visit Boise from california when we have 9 national parks and 3 in our backyard. We also have a ski resort in Fresno county. I'd rather spend my money on a 2 hour trip to the coast.

image.jpeg.05512cec48e3b961009f70022f35a10d.jpeg

image.png.bdd5722dfebdfc212f97d95e895b9a09.png

On 7/18/2022 at 6:56 AM, Super six said:

Why would anyone want to visit Boise from california when we have 9 national parks 3 in our backyard. We also have a ski resort in Fresno county. I'd rather spend my money on a 2 hour trip to the coast.

image.jpeg.8a4333ae4098e892ee629f722c9cd111.jpeg

image.png.bdd5722dfebdfc212f97d95e895b9a09.png

As compared to my Mom's 'hood you'll get 40x (or mine 32x) the home as you would in The Treasure Valley o' the ID.

On 7/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, SDSUfan said:

What a stupid thread.

Do you always post on stupid threads?

On 7/18/2022 at 7:15 AM, Super six said:

Do you always post on stupid threads?

Sometimes. Why?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/18/2022 at 7:21 AM, SDSUfan said:

Sometimes. Why?

I thought you were smarter than that.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, Super six said:

Boise fans are nervous.532k Tv sets ain't going to make the cut.

We expect to get shat on in conference realignment. It's happened every single time without fail, all the way back to when the Big West was falling apart and the WAC took Nevada before us.

Not sure where Fresneck fans have been getting all this sudden confidence, though. Even the athletic department's developed quite an ego. I had to laugh at their recent tweet touting "the best gameday experience in the West." Maybe that's true if you want the atmosphere at your college football games to look like a taping of the Jerry Springer show. 

0mK6pGK.png

I'm with most of the other Boise State fans on this thread.

I'm afraid Boise State's ship has fully sailed as it relates to moving up in conference re-alignment. A move up has made much more sense for Boise State in the past than it does in today's environment and we all know the outcome of those past potential opportunities.

With that said, I'm glad our brothers at Fresno will be along with us for the trip to FCS-style college football!

I do think that San Diego State has an outside chance of moving up... 

Bunch of amateurs.  Potatoes, almonds who cares the crop that matters is barley and based on that we must form a super conference of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado teams. 

Barley Production

I give you the Ale 10 conference:

Boise St

Idaho 

Montana

Montana St

North Dakota

North Dakota St

Wyoming

CSU

Colorado

Air Force

Edit, note when time for expansion comes we will base it on hops production which will result in Washington, Wazzu, Oregon, and Oregon State to join.