Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BobcatGoldthwait

"The Trojan Horse": The Pac 12 Poison Pill and Kliavkoff's Incompetence

On 7/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh that is total bullshit. Everyone in the WAC saw BYU as arrogant and a malcontent and always wanting more. Deals get announced when they’re done, not when they privately rejected. There were lots of reports over the years of BYU complained to the AD about their value and wanting to be compensated better. 

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-byu-will-be-missed-arrogance-wont-2010aug20-story.html

Oh, remember this? Totally hilarious.

https://www.deseret.com/2010/12/12/20160112/byu-football-s-worst-upset-1985-loss-to-utep

Do you have a link that actually supports your claim?  More lunatic ranting…

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, NorCalCoug said:

You would know b/c Nevada spent so much time sharing a conference with them.  😂 And find me a single link or shred of evidence where BYU ever asked for any unequal revenue share from the conference.  Newsflash, you can’t because they never did. 

Your precious YBU punched themselves and Utah in the nuts when they declined a million dollar offer from ESPN to play the Utes on Thanksgiving Night.

We don't wanna hear your Croc tears about By-who hetting no respect from the WAC or MW.

Edit: Here is the DNews article from 1997 !

https://www.deseret.com/1997/5/16/19312548/byu-espn-fail-to-reach-thanksgiving-day-agreement

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, Spaztecs said:

Your precious YBU punched themselves and Utah in the nuts when they declined a million dollar offer from ESPN to play the Utes on Thanksgiving Night.

We don't wanna hear your Croc tears about By-who hetting no respect from the WAC or MW.

Edit: Here is the DNews article from 1997 !

https://www.deseret.com/1997/5/16/19312548/byu-espn-fail-to-reach-thanksgiving-day-agreement

What does this have to do with anything?  1997?  😂  Spare me your weak smack.

v0icAvfW.jpg

There is no love loss here for Fresno fans for the BORG..Now it is the Big12's problem.  I'm waiting to see how BYUtv is going to playout with the new commish there. #Popcorntime

On 7/16/2022 at 11:19 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Best Case Mountain West Conference 2025

North
Boise St.
Iowa St.
Oregon St.
Washington St.
Air Force
Colorado St. 
Utah St.
Wyoming

South
San Diego St.
CAL
Stanford
Nevada
Fresno St.
UNLV
New Mexico
Hawaii

Alternate: San Jose St.

A conference member can't be an alternate if THEY ARE a conference member.  In your scenario, if you could have alternates  it would likely be Nevada or Hawii unless Hawaii becomes a full member of the conference.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, smithy said:

There is no love loss here for Fresno fans for the BORG..Now it is the Big12's problem.  I'm waiting to see how BYUtv is going to playout with the new commish there. #Popcorntime

This has already been settled and there are multiple reports on the topic. BYU will be a full participating member in the big 12 media package, including tier 3 rights. Any sports inventory beyond that they can broadcast on BYU TV.  The only thing I’m unsure about at this point is rebroadcast rights, but that’s secondary in importance.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/16/2022 at 2:11 PM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

I think Thompson realizes he can sink the dagger in the Pac 12.

Thompson > Kliavkoff

George Kliavkoff got his pocket picked in that Alliance deal, and it didn't even occur to him to get anything in writing...

Pw6hKFT.jpg

The PAC10 can lose Stanford to the BIG and still survive. We are looking at the "have's" in the SEC and BIG and the rest the "have nots." Eventually the Power 2 will break off and form their own football league. Personally, I seen no more than 40 in that. Hopefully, they don't +++++ up BB as well.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Y’all complain about Thompson but he’s held the same job since 1999. That’s not luck. 

Definitely not luck, many of the presidents of our conference members are clearly less capable than Hair. And a couple of others are smart enough to see the weaker members and drive things to their favor.

You’re correct, not luck at all…definitely one of the most informative comments you’ve made here, even though you’re ignorant enough to not understand the point you weren’t trying to make.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, Dogs4Me said:

Definitely not luck, many of the presidents of our conference members are clearly less capable than Hair. And a couple of others are smart enough to see the weaker members and drive things to their favor.

You’re correct, not luck at all…definitely one of the most informative comments you’ve made here, even though you’re ignorant enough to not understand the point you weren’t trying to make.

43657327-235F-421A-915E-DA3730649368.gif

On 7/23/2022 at 7:25 AM, NorCalCoug said:

What does this have to do with anything?  1997?  😂  Spare me your weak smack.

The point is, BYU has dug it's own grave in many ways. Like Texas, they wanted a bigger cut from the MW and to broadcast their own games. The MW said no, so they took their toys and went Indy. The above is an example of self inflicted nut punching

Give it two years until the New12 tv deal is as worthless as the PAC. They'll start looking around again. In five years they will demand a percentage of the road gate simply because 15,000 BYU fans bought tickets.

They demand the College Athletic world bends knee to them. It's what they are 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Maybe. I’m just saying if his job is to make the university presidents happy then he must be doing something right and maybe he’s not the guy you should be mad at. 

My theory is Thompson knows where some skeletons are buried among several longtime member schools and/or their administrations. Think current schools which have been in the conference since pre-2011 not named San Diego State.

On 7/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

My theory is Thompson knows where some skeletons are buried among several longtime member schools and/or their administrations. Think current schools which have been in the conference since pre-2011 not named San Diego State.

That’s “doing something right” isn’t it?

On 7/23/2022 at 1:24 PM, Spaztecs said:

The point is, BYU has dug it's own grave in many ways. Like Texas, they wanted a bigger cut from the MW and to broadcast their own games. The MW said no, so they took their toys and went Indy. The above is an example of self inflicted nut punching

Give it two years until the New12 tv deal is as worthless as the PAC. They'll start looking around again. In five years they will demand a percentage of the road gate simply because 15,000 BYU fans bought tickets.

They demand the College Athletic world bends knee to them. It's what they are 

I don't know, going indy seemed to work for them.  They showed their value to the Big 12.