mugtang

MWC Announces Schedule Through 2025

On 7/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, cosinama said:

I enjoy playing SDSU but I don't get the logic of USU/SDSU being locked in together.  Seems like SDSU should be playing one of the Cali schools and USU should be playing Wyoming or CSU in that spot.  I would love to hear the logic behind that.  

It appears that CSU AFA and Wyoming were strong in their desire to all play each other every year. NO room for USU to get a spot in there. 

• Like 2

Interesting, Wyo/CSU/AFA are in a "pod", but the rest are spread out.

As an Aztec fan I would have switched up SJSU-UNM, USU-SDSU to SJSU-SDSU and UNM-USU, but that would have made BSU/USU/UNM a "pod" as well.

But the Western side would have not have been a pod, and the matchups would have looked pretty decent even though SDSU wouldn't be playing Fresno State.

They really should’ve done 3 regional pods.  The front range of CSU, WYO, AFA & NM, Great Basin of Nevada, UNLV, USU & Boise and Pacific of SDSU, Fresno, SJSU & Hawaii. You play your pod every year and 2 schools from each of the other pods. 

• Like 13

On 7/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, mugtang said:

They really should’ve done 3 regional pods.  The front range of CSU, WYO, AFA & NM, Great Basin of Nevada, UNLV, USU & Boise and Pacific of SDSU, Fresno, SJSU & Hawaii. You play your pod every year and 2 schools from each of the other pods. 

I would have actually liked it if the six western schools were not in a pod but all had their "keeper" schools also in the western division. Don't really care how the mountain schools arrange themeselves.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, Wyoguns said:

Bruh…you don’t need two guaranteed losses on your schedule!

We're 6-3 vs. SDSU since we joined the MWC. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

people of hawai’i want the nevada and unlv games to be one home and one away every year.hair thompson is too stupid to understand the concept.

• Like 1

A- we should’ve stayed with the same scheduling format

B- I’d be fine with us doing sdsu and Fresno a solid and swapping with sdsu to take Hawaii as our other guarantee game.  I just wish we’d use that 13 game rule more than we have. 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, tspoke said:

It appears that CSU AFA and Wyoming were strong in their desire to all play each other every year. NO room for USU to get a spot in there. 

That really struck me as odd.  CSU/AF I get.  I've never felt that there was much of a rivalry with Wyo/AFA.  I'm really surprised that Wyoming didn't get CSU and USU as the two protected games.  It seems to make a lot more sense for both Wyo and USU.

• Like 3

Boy this is sad....We only get to play for the Oil Can, Milk Can and even the Golden Screwdriver once in a while. Nice to give us the Valley Trophy ...I guess they can't breakup the one of the oldest rivalries, aside from the border war, or there would be uproar.  But being teamed up with Nevada.... which we really don't even have a rivalry with is crazy.  Or might I say Hair scratcher. Didn't Hair look at the MWC Wikipedia page to see who best matches with whom? They even list the rivalries on the page.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, Headbutt said:

That really struck me as odd.  CSU/AF I get.  I've never felt that there was much of a rivalry with Wyo/AFA.  I'm really surprised that Wyoming didn't get CSU and USU as the two protected games.  It seems to make a lot more sense for both Wyo and USU.

Nah.... AF is a much much bigger rivalry than USU. Almost as big as csu. 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2022 at 1:32 PM, RSF said:

Where is Wash St and Ore St on there?

You guys ready to announce your move to the PAC next summer? Maybe start mentally preparing now.

I love the fine print at the bottom about "The rotation was created based on work of a subcommittee of MW athletics directors and was formally approved by the entire group of athletics directors."

I'd be curious to know which schools were on the subcommittee because (at least to me) this looks like the subcommittee being made of teams not in line to be poached saying "screw these teams, they've got one foot out the door so who cares what they want" followed by the rest of the group just approving it because they're hoping to be gone by the time the schedule plays out.

Then again I could just be channeling this guy:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:24 PM, AZdogFan said:

I love the fine print at the bottom about "The rotation was created based on work of a subcommittee of MW athletics directors and was formally approved by the entire group of athletics directors."

I'd be curious to know which schools were on the subcommittee because (at least to me) this looks like the subcommittee being made of teams not in line to be poached saying "screw these teams, they've got one foot out the door so who cares what they want" followed by the rest of the group just approving it because they're hoping to be gone by the time the schedule plays out.

Then again I could just be channeling this guy:

I don't think USU's AD was involved in the subcommittee because he was asked about this scheduling arrangement weeks ago in a radio interview and he said he could not reveal who USU's guaranteed games were with but he did add that he was a little surprised by at least one of the schools when he found out. This made me think he must not have been a part of the process.

He went on to say that one made geographical and competitive sense (assuming this was BSU) but he said the other one was a bit interesting and slightly shocking but said he thought Aggie fans would be happy with both teams.

On 7/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, sean327 said:

This is bullshit. Why do the Lobos have to play Joser 3 times and only get Wyoming twice, and CSU once? We need a new airport meeting right the phuck now!!

It's only three years worth of scheduling. Wait ten years and see how it balances out.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:45 PM, retrofade said:

It seems pretty obvious that the conference wants Boise/Fresno/SDSU playing each other as few times as possible during the regular season. 

It's only three years if scheduling. We'll see how it balances outnin 10-12 years.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, mugtang said:

It's the MWC. They always find a way to screw the pooch. It's incredible.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, tspoke said:

Nah.... AF is a much much bigger rivalry than USU. Almost as big as csu. 

Is there a Trophy ?

I can't imagine it's bigger the Jim Bridgers Rifle.