Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWC Announces Schedule Through 2025

On 7/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, Spaztecs said:

Is there a Trophy ?

I can't imagine it's bigger the Jim Bridgers Rifle.

No trophy but has been played longer and more history than usu(rifle only been around 10ish years) 

On 7/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, retrofade said:

It seems pretty obvious that the conference wants Boise/Fresno/SDSU playing each other as few times as possible during the regular season. 

I guess it makes sense? At least one of these 3 teams have always been in the MWC Championship Game. So let them face off in the championship game. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, Spaztecs said:

Is there a Trophy ?

I can't imagine it's bigger the Jim Bridgers Rifle.

The trophy is determined on if you get out of the game with healthy knees. Chop blocking fools.

The schedule looks like a big middle finger to the Lobos, Rams, and Rainbows in '24. While i like having good teams at home, and I hope to be competitive,  we get AFA, Fresno, Boise, an SDSU at home and CSU gets them on the road, and we each get USU opposite the 4, Hawaii gets all 5 too. Wyoming, UNLV, and Nevada play 4, SJSU, SDSU get 3, USU and Fresno get 2, and Boise plays 1 of the remainin 4 best teams. 

This is a scheduling bonus to go with the financial kicker for Boise.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

'23 isn't kind to sparty, they get top 5, 4 home 1 road, 

Boise, SDSU, and USU get the other 4, Ags 2 home 2 rd, Bsu, 1 hm 3 road, 'tecs, 3 hm, 1 rd, csu has 4 too

AF and Fresno have 3, AF 2 hm 1 rd, Fresno 1m 2rd. Unm, wyo and Unr have 3

Unlv and Hawaii have 2 of top 5

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 7/14/2022 at 2:04 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

2023 is quite good though.  The guarantees for SDSU are strange.  Hawaii makes sense, but to not have a Cal State or Nevada school as the second is odd

Who is your second?   I was like wtf Nevada over SDSU!!!  

time for an airport meeting.  

On 7/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, tspoke said:

It appears that CSU AFA and Wyoming were strong in their desire to all play each other every year. NO room for USU to get a spot in there. 

+++++ those three.   So we get hosed out of playing SDSU.  Let those worthless MFers go to the AAC! 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, mugtang said:

They really should’ve done 3 regional pods.  The front range of CSU, WYO, AFA & NM, Great Basin of Nevada, UNLV, USU & Boise and Pacific of SDSU, Fresno, SJSU & Hawaii. You play your pod every year and 2 schools from each of the other pods. 

The current set-up is a cluster +++++ and bad for the conference 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:02 PM, lobo-tomy said:

Too tired. To do '25, but is uneven too.

I'll help you out.  If CSU can fog a mirror in '25, we've got a great shot.  What a schedule.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:39 PM, sean327 said:

This is bullshit. Why do the Lobos have to play Joser 3 times and only get Wyoming twice, and CSU once? We need a new airport meeting right the phuck now!!

In 25 our home games are AF, Wyoming, Utah State and Nevada, Southern, Georgia Southern.      Yuck….

On 7/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, Headbutt said:

That really struck me as odd.  CSU/AF I get.  I've never felt that there was much of a rivalry with Wyo/AFA.  I'm really surprised that Wyoming didn't get CSU and USU as the two protected games.  It seems to make a lot more sense for both Wyo and USU.

Wyoming fans consider AFA a bigger rival than Utah State.

1. CSU

2. AFA

3. USU

4. UNM

5. BOISE

6. SDSU

7. Fresno

8. UNLV

9. Hawaii

10. Nevada

11. SJSU