Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

New Fresno State Sports Performance Center announced

On 7/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, King Spartan said:

All I see is some fancy CGI. It'll never get done. It's very FCS-ish.

It will be done before SJSU's at this point.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, Reverend said:

Well I mean, this one will be done before the fall semester starts, so that's a given. 

This becomes Fresno State's 2nd athletics training center along with the existing Ricchiuti Athletic Center.

The location in existing building space adjacent to the locker rooms and practice gym used for MBB, WBB, and VB will be convenient for many Olympic sport athletes. It will also help all sports by reducing congestion in the existing Ricchiuti training facility near the football stadium.

Chris Morse and Ken Wittwer have done well since graduating from Fresno State. They built up a local CPA firm that was merged with Moss Adams six years ago. Nice to see them continuing to give back to the University.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, Reverend said:

They were supposed to have stadium improvements 5 years ago. They'll probably just move dirt around to make it look like they're doing something.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 7/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, Pokes Forever said:

Always great to see improvements to MWC facilities!  Now if we could get all the conference teams to upgrade their fields from gimmicky FCS turf

Or all teams to get a full sized IPF….  Looking at you lambies!  🤣

On 7/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, creeper86 said:

Any word on whether that will help with the stench, water leakage and cracks in the stadium?

That stench you smell is from your upper lip after a night of random nuts smackin your chin. 

This has been official since earlier this year, but not made public until recently. This is more so for the Olympic sports that are near the north gym area like basketball, volleyball, etc. Great addition. Will help alleviate stress from all the teams using the main athletic center. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

On 7/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

The best part of this is that it won’t eliminate seats and make us look like a smalltime, FCS program to a national audience. 

Did the really eliminate 10,000 seats for a beer garden?

Actually I don’t think they had a choice. The city condemned that east side because the wood  steps and walkways were decayed. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, King Spartan said:

All I see is some fancy CGI. It'll never get done. It's very FCS-ish.

Rich coming from the team that only now is updating their facilities despite it being a requirement to join the MWC in the first place however many years ago.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, utgrizfan said:

Rich coming from the team that only now is updating their facilities despite it being a requirement to join the MWC in the first place however many years ago.

Dude, I'm just returning serve on some shit talking we got about the SAC.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 7/14/2022 at 3:33 PM, Cincy said:

Did the really eliminate 10,000 seats for a beer garden?

Actually I don’t think they had a choice. The city condemned that east side because the wood  steps and walkways were decayed. 

The City of San Jose has no say at Spartan Stadium....

The east side was not condemned....