Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Britney Griner

The over/under on who long it takes for Griner to sign an endorsement deal with a vaping company is set at 30 days.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:29 AM, renoskier said:

No shit.

Why is being an "arms dealer" against the law?

Are there "legal" arms dealers and "illegal" arms dealers? Says who?

Isn't the good old USA the biggest "arms dealer" in the world?

Their argument is that he specifically sold arms to people that announced they were going to kill Americans.  These horse trades are very lopsided though. A lady that had CBD oil in her purse/bag vs a thug..  The list is long on lopsided trades.

But back to the point. Our country is worried about putting this guy back on the street to potentially kill Americans? Hell, we shouldn't be too scared, we have many, many crazy ass extremists in our own neighborhoods walking into local gun stores loading up and right after head to grocery stores, schools and clubs shredding people into pieces each week.

Viktor is small potatoes compared to some of our neighbors. 

But we don't need more gun reform right?

On 12/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, NVGiant said:

I agree with the principle here. But to be fair, anyone who is solely incarcerated for simple marijuana possession, which is what she would have been charged with in the U.S., would be at the state and local levels. Biden already awarded clemency to anyone in federal prison for simple marijuana possession ... and there weren't many of those to begin with.

https://reason.com/2022/10/24/bidens-marijuana-pardons-did-not-free-a-single-federal-prisoner-or-deliver-the-expungement-he-promised/

On 12/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, soupslam1 said:

She’s one lucky girl, I hope she understands that. 

She understands that she is about to make a ton of money. It's the American way right? 

On 12/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, CV147 said:

Yeah, like I said, there was almost nobody in federal prisons for solely simple marijuana possession, which is what Russia nabbed her for. 

On 12/8/2022 at 4:19 PM, grandjean87 said:

I'm working on marketing it globally. Looks like Russia is out unless I can get Griner to hawk it there when she goes back to play?

Put the penny stocks down, distributing fry sauce around the country is where the money’s at.  

On 12/8/2022 at 8:15 AM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

He’s providing a service, giving weapons to people to kill other people in shitty far-off civil wars we needn’t concern ourselves with. 

The regard for human life is truly astounding. F*** everyone else as long is has no impact or relevancy to us, right? 

If even one innocent life is lost by way of this transaction then it was never worth it. That is where I stand. Call me naive but I couldn’t live with myself if I knew my actions brought about the death of anyone. I would’ve told them to leave me there. It would’ve been pure hell and there’s a good chance that I probably wouldn’t survive, but those are the consequences of my own poor choices.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, B_Lootz said:

The regard for human life is truly astounding. F*** everyone else as long is has no impact or relevancy to us, right? 

If even one innocent life is lost by way of this transaction then it was never worth it. That is where I stand. Call me naive but I couldn’t live with myself if I knew my actions brought about the death of anyone. I would’ve told them to leave me there. It would’ve been pure hell and there’s a good chance that I probably wouldn’t survive, but those are the consequences of my own poor choices.

I mean, if an American arms store sells handguns, the chance is there they have already brought about death.  I don't think anyone is shaming them, and I don't think they care either.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, B_Lootz said:

umm...where do you think a portion of your tax dollars go?

On 12/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I mean, if an American arms store sells handguns, the chance is there they have already brought about death.  I don't think anyone is shaming them, and I don't think they care either.

No, that’s is completely different than what metro said, quote “giving weapons to kill other people in shitty far-off civil wars”

Selling a handgun for recreation or defense vs giving weapons for the single purpose of killing others? The two don’t equate, obviously.