Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Britney Griner

Not very smart violating drug laws in Russia. How long do you think she’ll be in a Russian prison?  Her timing was really bad getting caught while the US and Russia are at odds over Ukraine. They’re in no mood to be doing us any favors by releasing her. 

Unless Biden is willing to trade for that horrid animal that Russia wants for a trade, probably not until Putin is gone and the new leader wants improved relations with us. That might not be too far away. If I were betting, I’d say another year. 

She’ll certainly have her own episode on Locked Up Abroad when she gets back. It doesn’t sound like she’s ever seen that show. 

kat.jpg

She is beyond stupid and I hope she spends every day in Siberia.

I did something just as stupid. I smuggled a vape pen on a Mediterranean cruise 5 years ago in 2016.

we landed in Italy and there was a holdup in my luggage, NOT Carryone.

we waited 30 minutes and then my luggage had police tape surrounding my luggage.

Italian police LEFT the vape pen intact!!!

I smoked it in Italy, Greece and Israel.

I didn’t bother to even smoke in Turkey. Left the vape pen on the cruise ship. I haven’t seen Midnight Express but I get the gist of it.

I chucked the vape pen into the ocean and dare not try to bring it to the US.

I don’t care about if she’s gay, her color. Just blatant disregard for other country laws.

Nail in the coffin is Reverend Sharpton speaking out today for Brittany. As a matter of fact, I think Putin just threw the key away..

Just as stupid as the UCLA college players who stole in China.

Biden is NOT going to help you.

The comments by her coach were dumb:  “If it was LeBron, he’d be home, right?” Nygaard asked the media. “It’s a statement about the value of women. It’s a statement about the value of a Black person. It’s a statement about the value of a gay person. All of those things. We know it, and so that’s what hurts a little more.” It had nothing to do with her gender, race or sexual orientation....it was the fact that she smuggled drugs into a country that has very little tolerance for...well, anything. Her being an American didn't help. Her coach obviously doesn't know the name Trevor Reed, who was sentenced to 9 years in Russia after a drunken night and taken to the "dunk tank". 

On 7/8/2022 at 10:18 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Unless Biden is willing to trade for that horrid animal that Russia wants for a trade, probably not until Putin is gone and the new leader wants improved relations with us. That might not be too far away. If I were betting, I’d say another year. 

She’ll certainly have her own episode on Locked Up Abroad when she gets back. It doesn’t sound like she’s ever seen that show. 

They say the one in line to replace Putin will make Putin look like a pussycat

The Merchant of Death (Viktor Bout) is a poltical prisoner and should be released to his home country just as britney griner is a political prisoner and should be released to her own country...fair trade IMO...lol

On 7/8/2022 at 10:35 PM, DobyZhee said:

She is beyond stupid and I hope she spends every day in Siberia.

I did something just as stupid. I smuggled a vape pen on a Mediterranean cruise 5 years ago in 2016.

we landed in Italy and there was a holdup in my luggage, NOT Carryone.

we waited 30 minutes and then my luggage had police tape surrounding my luggage.

Italian police LEFT the vape pen intact!!!

I smoked it in Italy, Greece and Israel.

I didn’t bother to even smoke in Turkey. Left the vape pen on the cruise ship. I haven’t seen Midnight Express but I get the gist of it.

I chucked the vape pen into the ocean and dare not try to bring it to the US.

I don’t care about if she’s gay, her color. Just blatant disregard for other country laws.

Nail in the coffin is Reverend Sharpton speaking out today for Brittany. As a matter of fact, I think Putin just threw the key away..

Just as stupid as the UCLA college players who stole in China.

Biden is NOT going to help you.

too bad they didnt catch you and throw the key away...lol

Don't do stupid shit in another country. She got caught doing something she should not have been doing.  If this happened in the US she would still be in prison, it just sucks more to be in a foreign prison.  I don't feel bad for her. 

How do we know she actually did what they say she did? Seems like an opportunity for the Russian govt to nab a famous American, accuse her of a bogus crime, and then try to trade her for a political prisoner. 

The accusation is that she smuggled the drugs in with the intent to sell, not that she had a vape pen for her own personal use. I find that really hard to believe. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:05 AM, UofNPackFan said:

Don't do stupid shit in another country. She got caught doing something she should not have been doing.  If this happened in the US she would still be in prison, it just sucks more to be in a foreign prison.  I don't feel bad for her. 

no she wouldn't...lol

if she got "caught" with a vape pen in this country...well, nobody would really bat an eye...you can buy such things at a gas station and if you swapped cartridges out...its not like the cops are going to grab you if they see you hitting one...they'd really dont care...so no...she wouldn't "still be in prison"...jfc...lol

i think there's some racial animus driving some replies here but what do i know...lol

If you drive to our southern neighbor, Mexico, you can't take a smidge of weed, guns, or bullets with you despite all three being legal in most of the US or else you'll end up in jail. If you're going to a foreign country you have to have an IQ higher than 7 and be aware of what's legal and what's not before you go there.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:46 AM, Sycamorefan96 said:

If you drive to our southern neighbor, Mexico, you can't take a smidge of weed, guns, or bullets with you despite all three being legal in most of the US or else you'll end up in jail. If you're going to a foreign country you have to have an IQ higher than 7 and be aware of what's legal and what's not before you go there.

yeah...sure...lol

i think what you mean is "if you get caught by the federales with a car full of weed, guns and bullets you'll end up paying a hefty bribe and wave nervously as you drive away with a sore (metaphorical) asshole"...lol

she allegedly had a +++++ing vape pen and some of you guys are making it sound like she's +++++ing Tony Montana...lol

On 7/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

How do we know she actually did what they say she did? Seems like an opportunity for the Russian govt to nab a famous American, accuse her of a bogus crime, and then try to trade her for a political prisoner. 

The accusation is that she smuggled the drugs in with the intent to sell, not that she had a vape pen for her own personal use. I find that really hard to believe. 

I'd be very cautious about believing anything coming out of Russia concerning US citizens.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:31 AM, SAMO said:

no she wouldn't...lol

if she got "caught" with a vape pen in this country...well, nobody would really bat an eye...you can buy such things at a gas station and if you swapped cartridges out...its not like the cops are going to grab you if they see you hitting one...they'd really dont care...so no...she wouldn't "still be in prison"...jfc...lol

i think there's some racial animus driving some replies here but what do i know...lol

Wtf are you talking about vape pen and race?

She got caught smuggling, I didn't read what she was smuggling, but if she was smuggling illegal contraband in the US they YES she would be in jail. Just as she is in Russia for smuggling whatever is illegal in their country. 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, UofNPackFan said:

Wtf are you talking about vape pen and race?

She got caught smuggling, I didn't read what she was smuggling, but if she was smuggling illegal contraband in the US they YES she would be in jail. Just as she is in Russia for smuggling whatever is illegal in their country. 

No...she was charged with possession and "large scale transportation of drugs".  What she had was a vape pen and several cartridges with cannabis oil (2/100th of an ounce, to be precise), which is legal in much of the US, depending on its derivation.  Pretty large scale....so, no, she wouldnt be in jail here.

Was she stupid?  Yes.   Is this being overblown?  Yup.  Is it political?  Almost certainly.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I hope we can get her out. She probably flouted this law and Russian authorities didn’t ever care that a famous basketball player was smoking the reefer, right up until they were told to care a lot. Don’t mess around in other countries. It’s not like America. Hopefully we can get her out. Griner is not a bad person.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Griner is not a bad person.

Well, she did go to Baylor...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/9/2022 at 10:09 AM, RSF said:

Well, she did go to Baylor...

It’s women’s college basketball. Her other options were Connecticut, Tennessee, and New Jersey; devils everywhere.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:52 AM, SAMO said:

yeah...sure...lol

i think what you mean is "if you get caught by the federales with a car full of weed, guns and bullets you'll end up paying a hefty bribe and wave nervously as you drive away with a sore (metaphorical) asshole"...lol

she allegedly had a +++++ing vape pen and some of you guys are making it sound like she's +++++ing Tony Montana...lol

It's amazing how many people are thrilled she is in a Russian prison because she dared to disrespect the anthem or some shit.