Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

The PAC is a dead man walking conference

Oregon and Washington has applied for BIG entry, they’re as good as gone. 

Arizona, Arizona St, Utah and Colorado will apply for the Big-12. They are as good as gone. 

The new MWC

Mountain

1. Boise St

2. Colorado St

3. Wyoming 

4. Air Force

5. New Mexico

6. Utah St

7. Nevada

8. UNLV

Pacific 

1. Oregon st

2. Washington St.

3. Cal

4. Stanford

5. San Diego St.

6. Fresno St.

7. Hawaii

8. San Jose St

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:08 PM, utgrizfan said:

Utah I don't see staying, they will probably join Arizona and ASU in the Big12 along with Colorado.

Edited above..

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I say this every time someone spouts nonsense about a conference's demise. The bigger fish eat the smaller fish. The PAC-whatever is a bigger fish (financially and academically) than the BIG-12 and the MWC. They pick the leftovers. Not the other way around. The PAC could lose more schools to one of the bigger fish in the process, but they will backfill.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:12 PM, Spot50B said:

I say this every time someone spouts nonsense about a conference's demise. The bigger fish eat the smaller fish. The PAC-whatever is a bigger fish (financially and academically) than the BIG-12 and the MWC. They pick the leftovers. Not the other way around.

So says the old Southwest Conference schools like Rice, TCU and SMU.  

Nobody in the PAC-12 is looking to join forces with West Virginia.

Everybody realizes that Mickey Mouse UCF is in Florida right?  That is what the F is for in UCF, FLORIDA!  Maybe BYU didn’t know that.

Cincinnati is in a state called OHIO, not close to California or Florida or Texas.

BYU, Baylor and TCU are religious crazies.  Nutso wacko out of their minds crazy.  Nobody in PAC-12 wants anything to do with that.

Oklahoma State is in the middle of nowhere.  Look up Stillwater on a map if you don’t know where it is, middle of NOWHERe!  Nice facilities though.  2 hour drive from the OKC airport looking at red dirt and cows the whole time.  Middle of nowhere.

Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech are middle of nowhere garbage schools.  Left for dead for a reason.  Nobody wants to be in a conference with them. All they attract are religious whack jobs and schools like West Virginia that have n place else to go!  Left for dead.

nobody from the PAC-12 will join with these losers.  Please stop insinuating they would.  They won’t!

On 6/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, BacksThePack said:

Adding Stanford to force ND to join seems like a logical move. Maybe Cal falls out of the tree with WazzU and OSU for us to grab.

I doubt ND would be forced to do anything by Stanford.  You don't add a school like Stanford unless you know ND is coming.  You don't saddle yourself with Stanford for shits and giggles. 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:31 PM, SharkTanked said:

:shrug:

Open season on the Pac12. 

if it’s true that the BigTen is not going to invite anyone else from PAC12. Then that means two things. One the PAC12 can raid the Big12 or vice versa.

The only logical conference that could raid the PAC12 is the Big12. Only problem is the Big12 just invited several schools but that can be undone. Pay them off with the entry fees from the New PAC12 schools, if that’s even necessary depending on how the agreement was drawn up. I doubt any of the schools have paid their entry/exit dues already. 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:28 PM, Warbow said:

Oregon and Washington are probably gone. But I don't think that will be official for a while. Big 10 might be giving the PAC time to sort itself out. Just a theory. You saw how fast things were moving on Twitter. Dodd and Mandel said they didn't bother reporting because things were changing fast and even the Big 10 offices were overwhelmed. Not to mention the LA schools were under limited time.

Apple wanting to open up another discussion with TV contract probably got the deal done on time. Oregon and Washington (Maybe Stanford,) now have to wait or pay a big penalty.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Reverend said:

Oregon and Washington are probably gone. But I don't think that will be official for a while. Big 10 might be giving the PAC time to sort itself out. Just a theory. You saw how fast things were moving on Twitter. Dodd and Mandel said they didn't bother reporting because things were changing fast and even the Big 10 offices were overwhelmed. Not to mention the LS schools were under limited time.

Apple wanting to open up another discussion with TV contract probably got the deal done on time. Oregon and Washington (Maybe Stanford,) now have to wait or pay a big penalty.

I think the B1G might be playing a bit of politics here.  They're Marcelus Wallace, and Oregon and UW are Jules and Vincent.  B1G's telling them to just sit back and chill and The Wolf will arrive shortly.  Meanwhile, they're waiting for the B12 to make it's move on the mountain and AZ schools.  B12 does that, and they're the bad guy who destroyed the conference, and the B1G can just be seen as throwing out a lifeboat to a couple of AAU schools.  

If I'm the PAC office, I'm doing everything possible to keep the AZ/Mountain schools from leaving, and I'm immediately (as in this morning) shoring up the SoCal media market as best as possible by calling SDSU and UNLV.  At that point, you put the B1G in the position of not being the savior for UW/UO, but being the vulture who destroys the conference willingly.  

On 7/1/2022 at 1:21 AM, Rosegreen said:

Open season on the Pac12. 

if it’s true that the BigTen is not going to invite anyone else from PAC12. Then that means two things. One the PAC12 can raid the Big12 or vice versa.

The only logical conference that could raid the PAC12 is the Big12. Only problem is the Big12 just invited several schools but that can be undone. Pay them off with the entry fees from the New PAC12 schools, if that’s even necessary depending on how the agreement was drawn up. I doubt any of the schools have paid their entry/exit dues already.